No announcement yet.

LOL, Canelo is such a hypejob

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL, Canelo is such a hypejob

Khan was boxing Canelo's ears off, easily winning every round, until that lucky punch struck him. Seriously, this is it, I've lost all hope for Canelo now. The guy will never be anything special.

Yeah they all lucky punches , go away kid .

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
      Khan was boxing Canelo's ears off, easily winning every round, until that lucky punch struck him. Seriously, this is it, I've lost all hope for Canelo now. The guy will never be anything special.
      Every body beats khan by a "lucky punch".

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
        Every body beats khan by a "lucky punch".
        Canelo is 2 weight classes above Khan, but look how horrible he did compared to smaller guys like Danny Garcia, there is no excuses here, this was a horrible fight by Canelo.

Comment

There was nothing lucky about that punch

Canelo was simply the bigger man and Khan was unable to stay in pocket too long, or clinch due to the size difference, which meant he had to use up even more energy

By 6 you could see he had slowed down just enough for Canelo to close the distance on him and land the money punch

The size difference was evident when Canelo lifted Khan up in the air, i think that was in round 2

Anyways even though he got knocked out, he took Nelo's left hooks, and other punches, and didnt flinch, that right hand would have knocked out every ww without question

He showed a lot of skills in there and made a prime Canelo look bad at times, he needs to move back down to 147, he'll cause a serious problem for anyone at WW.

The knockout was brutal, but he didnt take a beating like Lopez or Kirkland

I have him beating Garcia based on this performance

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Yeah they all lucky punches , go away kid .
            It wasn't a lucky punch but the man is right in saying Canelo is overhyped. It was Khan. If anything it was a shock Canelo didn't knock him out earlier. Canelo is a disgrace for taking this fight. Everyone was shaking their head when Canelo took the fight because it was a confusing and disgraceful move. Everyone proved right. The so called lineal middleweight champ hiding in a false weight class fighting chinny welterweights. It's a disgrace. Unless the man fights GGG in his next fight at 160 he should leave boxing. Golden boy is doing their level best to protect Canelo from GGG and it's embarrassing. They are right though because I can't see Canelo being all that competitive. He's completely one dimensional, as shown against Mayweather, Lara and to some extent Trout and Khan. Obviously GGG doesn't fight like they do, but he will still wreck Canelo, who relies on waiting for big counters. It's just laughable really, Canelo comes in at 170 on fight night and says he's too small for GGG, who comes in at exactly the same weight. Hell, Froch used to come in at 172. Imagine how easily Froch would beat Canelo. The guy is overhyped.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              There was nothing lucky about that punch

Canelo was simply the bigger man and Khan was unable to stay in pocket too long, or clinch due to the size difference, which meant he had to use up even more energy

By 6 you could see he had slowed down just enough for Canelo to close the distance on him and land the money punch

The size difference was evident when Canelo lifted Khan up in the air, i think that was in round 2

Anyways even though he got knocked out, he took Nelo's left hooks, and other punches, and didnt flinch, that right hand would have knocked out every ww without question

He showed a lot of skills in there and made a prime Canelo look bad at times, he needs to move back down to 147, he'll cause a serious problem for anyone at WW.

The knockout was brutal, but he didnt take a beating like Lopez or Kirkland

I have him beating Garcia based on this performance
              He's done and can retire with head held high

BTW, the lack of technique displayed in the leadup to the ko was dreadful and would have seen him hammered by any class operator

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
                It wasn't a lucky punch but the man is right in saying Canelo is overhyped. It was Khan. If anything it was a shock Canelo didn't knock him out earlier. Canelo is a disgrace for taking this fight. Everyone was shaking their head when Canelo took the fight because it was a confusing and disgraceful move. Everyone proved right. The so called lineal middleweight champ hiding in a false weight class fighting chinny welterweights. It's a disgrace. Unless the man fights GGG in his next fight at 160 he should leave boxing. Golden boy is doing their level best to protect Canelo from GGG and it's embarrassing. They are right though because I can't see Canelo being all that competitive. He's completely one dimensional, as shown against Mayweather, Lara and to some extent Trout and Khan. Obviously GGG doesn't fight like they do, but he will still wreck Canelo, who relies on waiting for big counters. It's just laughable really, Canelo comes in at 170 on fight night and says he's too small for GGG, who comes in at exactly the same weight. Hell, Froch used to come in at 172. Imagine how easily Froch would beat Canelo. The guy is overhyped.
                Froch and Canelo have the same weight, but Froch is just too tall, too reachy, too strong, too skilled and too well-chinned. Canelo would get spanked so red against Froch that his new fighter name would be El Tomato.

Comment

Canelo is no hype job, boner. He is a legit strong 154lber. Khan stepped up and did well until he got caught. Much respect to him, but Canelo is legit. Lara, Angulo, Cotto, and many others will tell you otherwise. The kid is real.

Comment

What hype?

Its widely accepted that Canelo's star power outshines his ability in the ring. Its quite perculiar, as I can't remember the last time the biggest star in boxing wasn't part of the very elite. But it is what it is

In 3 of his 4 biggest fights, he was either clearly defeated (Floyd) or was on the fortunate end of a fight which could have gone either way. The fight he won in Cotto, a lot of the rounds were fairly close. I guess his appeal isn't his ability, his fans watch him for his image? I don't get it myself really

Comment

Working...
                    X