Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Roy Jones Jr. & Floyd Mayweather were the same natural weight who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    Yes because Floyd does not have hand speed or great reflexes.

His point is Roy's is better...

Comment

floyd fights like James Toney, except he has balls and floyd has a Pussie.
      Jones schooled Toney, so what do you think he'll do to a Gayweather?

Comment

I see people cant grasp the concept of them being the SAME SIZE.

My goodness.

Comment

I see people cant grasp the concept of them having different strength, speed and power lb/lb.

My goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSuplex View Post
            floyd fights like James Toney, except he has balls and floyd has a Pussie.
            Jones schooled Toney, so what do you think he'll do to a Gayweather?
            Heh, ignored. Just another stupid ******* who just started watching boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
              I see people cant grasp the concept of them having different strength and power lb/lb.

My goodness.
              A Prime Floyd had stength and power.

P4P means ALL THINGS EQUAL.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                A Prime Floyd had stength and power.

P4P means ALL THINGS EQUAL.
                clearly you don't understand the meaning of p4p

p4p means size being equal. That is all.

And as stated numerous times before. Floyd doesnt have the same power as Roy lb/lb.

Comment

I think it would look similar to Roy Jones vs James Toney, with Roy Jones winning a clear decision.

Comment

Actual fight breakdown:

Floyd struggles a bit more with unorthodox fighters. He got caught with a overhand right counter from no where against Corely. He had to take 3-4 rounds to adjust to Judah. There is a video up where he says Augustus was the hardest fight of his career.

Well Jones just happens to be one of the fastest, most awkward fighters to have ever boxed.

And his laid back, counter punching, shoulder roll style would be a cakewalk for Jones to figure out. I think Mayweather would do better in his more offensive pressure style.
                    Last edited by Konstantin; 05-14-2011, 02:07 AM.

Comment

first, Your not gonna knock Floyd out. Second it would be a boring fight, both like to counter, Floyd more than Roy, Honestly I could see Mayweather missing more than usual, in roys prime he was hard to hit, as is Mayweather (he's still prime). I chose Mayweather by UD, based on the fact he is a more well rounded boxer, Roy and Mayweather were both highly skilled, and even though Roy was hard to hit even with his arms down, and I do think Floyd would not land his usual rate, you still don't want to fight with your arms down, the best example I can give with a fighter that was at Mayweathers weight class who shared roys style, Arms down, head and torso movements, lead lefts, is Prince Nas, Imagine how bad May would pick him apart(I'm not in any way saying prince is or was as good as Roy just the best style comparison in a similar weight class). I remember after Floyd beat Corrales and said he wanted Nas, Merchant responded prince is not gonna fight you after seeing this fight. Anyways Mayweather UD

Comment

Working...
                      X