No announcement yet.

Myth: Angel brought the best out of Zab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myth: Angel brought the best out of Zab

Just rewatched Judah-Garcia (and yes, I RE-WATCHED after having scene it already)

Maybe physically, Zab might have been more determined and in-shape in this fight than any other of his recent fights, but his game plan was all off... He's normally a counter punching defensive outside fighter

In that fight, he was the aggressor, he threw a lot more punches than usual, didn't defend as often, and got countered a lot

Same thing happened to Khan, in which Angel sounded like a complete douche with the racist comments he made pre-fight... Khan, who's already overtly vulnerable to counter hooks, no doubt stayed in a little longer to land a few more punches and punish him more for his dad's comments

Not saying Zab would have won if he boxed more, but it does beg the question would Garcia have looked nearly as good if Judah fought more defensively? Would he have hurt him, or dropped him like he did?

I may be pulling for Matthysse in this fight, but u can't deny that those are honest questions that need to be asked

Anyone disagree with my assessment of the fight? Be nice...

Zab looked good in the last few rounds, he clearly adjusted his gameplan. His defense wasn't really that bad in the early goings, he had his hands up, danny's hooks were being thrown through the guard and still landing. it's funny because zabs usually a fast starter, with this fight being the opposite. lets face it, even if zab was more focused on defense, those big hooks from danny would have hurt zab eventually. we all know how zab is when he gets hurt, he's all over the place. he was lucky to make it out of that knockdown round.

Comment

Zab will always look good against a stiff soft face rican.

Ricans arent that tough to begin with and face with a determined fighters they going to have problems.

Comment

Working...
      X