No announcement yet.

Could we see a resurrection of PBF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could we see a resurrection of PBF?

I'm hoping for Floyd to bring back some signs of PBF if he fights Mcgregor. Frustrate him for a few rounds with masterful outboxing and switch it up in the later rounds. We all saw what happened when Mosley got cheeky against him in the later rounds. Floyd's hands might be broken but he still has that power in his right.

You are acting as though this is going to be a competitive fight. Any version of Mayweather is going to dismantle McGregor. It would be not different if a hockey player sighed on to fight him. McGregor can't even spar with seasoned amateurs.

Comment

If I thought for a second that we'd see "Pretty Boy Floyd" come out and beat Conor down, and stop him in the first round, I'd be a lot more likely to pay for it.

But, we'll get "Money May" carrying Conor through the fight for as long as he feels like.

The most interesting part of the fight to me, is whether or not Conor gets frustrated, says fuck it, and throws a head kick.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        You are acting as though this is going to be a competitive fight. Any version of Mayweather is going to dismantle McGregor. It would be not different if a hockey player sighed on to fight him. McGregor can't even spar with seasoned amateurs.
        I just wanna see Floyd slam him with that left body like he used to at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
          If I thought for a second that we'd see "Pretty Boy Floyd" come out and beat Conor down, and stop him in the first round, I'd be a lot more likely to pay for it.

But, we'll get "Money May" carrying Conor through the fight for as long as he feels like.

The most interesting part of the fight to me, is whether or not Conor gets frustrated, says fuck it, and throws a head kick.
          Floyd would have equipped his pendant of protection before the fight and absorbed 50% of the damage. Then the next turn he would activate his spell card and knock Mcgregor out.

Comment

Floyd's style evolved for physical reasons. His hands, probably his knees/legs, etc. He developed an economy of motion to work with his aging body. He's not going to suddenly fight like a 22 y/o at 40, after a 2 year layoff. If anything, he's likely going to fight even more conservatively.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Floyd's style evolved for physical reasons. His hands, probably his knees/legs, etc. He developed an economy of motion to work with his aging body. He's not going to suddenly fight like a 22 y/o at 40, after a 2 year layoff. If anything, he's likely going to fight even more conservatively.
              I guess I should just hope for his short right on the inside to stun Mcgregor.

Comment

no, you'll see a more defensive floyd.

knowing that conor has very little experience in boxing and losing to him or even getting hurt will be a big deal so knowing this, floyd will play it safe 100%. there's no way he's gonna risk giving conor a chance at beating him.

Comment

No, he won't magically get his legs back at 40. It will be one sided but it won't be as visually impressive compared to his fights with guys like Gatti and N'dou.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post

i dont know why posters keep saying this.

why would conor do that for?

getting the fight with floyd is a win win for mcgregor already.

i really do think that mcgregor knows he cant beat floyd but since he's given the opportunity, of course he's gonna take it and hype it up that he's gonna beat floyd.

but deep down inside, he knows he will not win, so why would he get frustrated and throw a leg kick?

Comment

Working...
                    X