Remember, Chavez Jr. brought more PPV with Martinez than Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
    He was undefeated back then.
    Pip out of boxing little boy, let the men talk about boxing whilst you get rock solid to guys wearing Lycra and spandex pants

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
      Yeah because an 0 makes you relevant and good.... ffs, boxing fans
      The point he's making is he was more popular when he had his 0.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        The point he's making is he was more popular when he had his 0.
        This is undoubtedly true in Chavez's case. His popularity has gone way downhill.

Comment

He took a really bad hit in that Fonfara fight

people in the stands were legitimately pissed that he "quit." They were angry...throwing beers, yelling, ripping off their red headbands and stomping them on them on the ground.

While that fight turned out bad-- you'd think that I, and other fans, would have learned better even before that fight..yet, we were all still there.

I imagine those people will still be into this fight, just be rooting for Canelo. It will sell

Comment

He was also undefeated and a champion at the time.

A lot has happened since then. His recent numbers on Showtime have been poor with suggests that his fan base has given up on him. He's also had a string of poor performances. This fight is also not for a belt, and Jr. has opened up as an 8-1 underdog. Whereas he was only a 2-1 underdog.

Expect similar numbers to Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
              Pip out of boxing little boy, let the men talk about boxing whilst you get rock solid to guys wearing Lycra and spandex pants
              I'll knock you out little man. And Piss on you when you are unconscious.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                I'll knock you out little man. And Piss on you when you are unconscious.
                You'll knock me off more like, you big fruity diva don't talk to me you lil pansy Spandex fanboy ****sexuality is a sin.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  nah.. he hasnt been on hbo to hype his sorry ass up, lost to sergio, lost to brian vera, and ko by fonfara
                  that fonfara KO was so hilarious, his legs got stiff very bad

Comment

War Canelo! Liek them both but here Canelo represents the Mexican Ethics, Hard Work!

Comment

Working...
                    X