Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo-Golovkin Will Be Bigger Than May-Pac!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
    You are giving it too much credit. It won't even make the top 25.
    Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
    No it won't even sell more than Canelo vs Cotto.
    Bs, this fight has tons of buzz right now. It'd easy be bigger than Cotto fight.

But only in September.

If Canelo vacates, and GGG moves on, this fight loses steam.

People will just accept Canelo is a cowardly fraud unwilling to be a MW, but too big not to be one.

Comment

He on that **** again for sure. He just said GGG isn't a big star. Now he's saying it's going to be bigger than May-Pac? lol Oscar is spiraling out of control

Comment

If I were interviewing him I would've said "If it's going to be bigger than May-Pac why not give GGG a bigger split than 90-10?" That would've shut his ass up right there.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Canelo is a huge star. You don't do 2.2 million homes with Floyd unless you are a very big B-side, and you don't do 300k vs Lara unless you are a mega star. Canelo has big PPV potential, the problem it has to be a big b-side and GGG is not that. Cotto rematch, Chavez Jr, another welterweight coming up like Danny Garcia, Tim Bradley, Kell Brook. The GGG fight does pretty good numbers, but not more than Canelo-Cotto. Certainly no where near Mayweather-Pacquiao.
          He did 2.2 with Floyd, 900k with Cotto and 300k with a weak B-side. He has a following but nowhere near a Pac or Floyd. 300k would be considered a disaster for those two

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            If I were interviewing him I would've said "If it's going to be bigger than May-Pac why not give GGG a bigger split than 90-10?" That would've shut his ass up right there.
            He doesn't really care what he is saying -- he is not to put Canelo in front of GGG as of now or soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
              it will certainly be more action packed thats for damn sure,
              If Lemieux can make GGG fight off his back foot and become a boxer what do you think Canelo will do? GGG promised a street fight against Lemieux and it was a boxing clinic. I'm not complaining but if Lemieux can make u box imagine what Canelo would do.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                In a year, no one will care about either Alvarez or Golovkin. Oscar should take advantage of what little hype he has regarding the fight now. Alvarez/Golovkin won't sell as many PPVs as Cotto/Alvarez and may not sell as much as Alvarez/Lara.

Alvarez/Khan will be a huge bomb, considering how much is being spent on the fight and Oscar will then realize just what a non-superstar he has been promoting as his superstar. I am sure Alvarez/Golovkin won't take place later this year because Oscar will be begging Cotto for a rematch after the debacle on May 7.
                Exactly!!! Green K sent. Joshua is doing 450K in the UK! If he, Wilder, and Fury continue their winning ways the HW division will become the talk again. Oscar keeps talking about marinating but GGG-Wade does nothing to hype the fight. The May-Pac fight was so hyped because we saw them have good fights without fighting each other. Canelo is bringing a guy up two weight classes and GGG is fighting a guy who was fighting 8 rounders 3 fights ago and has never fought a 12 rounder nor fought at 160.

The difference between this fight is that May-Pac was never a mandatory and they fought good competition in the interim. These two guys are fighting less than stellar competition while trying to fleece the fans. I enjoyed every fight Floyd and Pac fought from 2010 until they fought each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                  Bs, this fight has tons of buzz right now. It'd easy be bigger than Cotto fight.

But only in September.

If Canelo vacates, and GGG moves on, this fight loses steam.

People will just accept Canelo is a cowardly fraud unwilling to be a MW, but too big not to be one.
                  How is it bigger than the Cotto fight when GGG did 150K? He sold out MSG but did you see his ticket prices compared to Cotto's ticket prices when he sold out MSG? GGG is a budget fighter, extortionist, welfare fighter begging for a payday against other big names instead of making a name for himself.

Comment

first of all no way in hell with the fight be bigger that may-pac. neither fighter has that aura about themselves like mayweather and pacquiao. secondly why is this idiot talking about a fight thats not ever going to happen.

Comment

promoting the alvared vs con garbage fight thats not going to sell off mayweather and pacquiaos names.

Comment

Working...
                      X