No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Rejects Idea of Catch-Weight For Cotto, Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Can you two not comprehend basic English?

Here are the WBC's own rules on catchweights for title fights:
    kafkod, quit quoting the WBC, they will not dig you out of your hole.

When you said this.....

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Any boxer who publicly called out a smaller man.....then refused to even discuss a CW, would be viewed as a cherry picking coward.
    You were not referring to the WBC, and you were not quoting facts/figures.

You were making a common-sense observation, because you felt that it is in the best interests of boxing, and because it is in the best interests of the fighters..... and because you felt it was cowardly to pick on a little guy.

You then completely flip-flopped over your creepy man-love for Golovkin.

Tell me..... what do you think of the WBC refusing to rank Wladimir Klitschko in their top 10 at heavyweight, because it is against their rules to recognise WBA champions..... but then they not only chose to recognise the WBA middleweight champion, they installed him as mandatory.

Love to hear your knowledgable unbiased opinion on that one.

You will hear all about if lil'G refuses to give lil'C a catchweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      Nope, cant see your point at all.

Elaborate.
      I won't elaborate, won't waste my time on a brainless hater. Golovkin is a mandatory, period. If Cotto vacates, good for him and his health.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        I won't elaborate, won't waste my time on a brainless hater. Golovkin is a mandatory, period. If Cotto vacates, good for him and his health.
        Good call. Flogging a dead horse is not a productive use of time.

And Cotto will not vacate, he will be stripped because Golovkin is too scared to give him a catchweight..... despite Golovkin stating yesterday that he can make 154, and despite that fight being Golovkins best possible payday.

Dont see how you can accept that from your guy.

Comment

• Selling 150k ppvs and acting as an A side ?? Makes no sense.

Comment

Yep, if they give me the rope, I will fkn hang them with it
            Translation: Thanks coming and backing me up buddy. All you have to do is ask, and I'll do the same for you.

Comment

kafkod, quit quoting the WBC, they will not dig you out of your hole.

When you said this.....

You were not referring to the WBC, and you were not quoting facts/figures.

You were making a common-sense observation, because you felt that it is in the best interests of boxing, and because it is in the best interests of the fighters..... and because you felt it was cowardly to pick on a little guy.

You then completely flip-flopped over your creepy man-love for Golovkin.

Tell me..... what do you think of the WBC refusing to rank Wladimir Klitschko in their top 10 at heavyweight, because it is against their rules to recognise WBA champions..... but then they not only chose to recognise the WBA middleweight champion, they installed him as mandatory.

Love to hear your knowledgable unbiased opinion on that one.

You will hear all about if lil'G refuses to give lil'C a catchweight.

Comment

Can you two not comprehend basic English?

Here are the WBC's own rules on catchweights for title fights:

"Every fight is scheduled to a certain weight category . For a fight to be recognized under such weigh category both boxers must make the weight within the limit of the division in the official weigh in ceremony."

"Catch weight – This term is used for specific agreements reached by the 2 fighters and is an exclusive commercial contract which has nothing to do with the regulations of boxing."

The boxers must make weight within the limit of the division. For MW, that means 160lbs.

The catchweight is an exclusive commercial contract which has nothing to do with the regulations of boxing.

The regulations of boxing include the weight limits of boxing. Do I really need to point that out?

http://wbcboxing.com/wbceng/news/478...-weight-fights

Gary Shaw is Geales promoter. He negotiated the catchweight deal with Cotto on Geales behalf. Here's what he had to say about it:

“We’re going to make the weight. It’s going to be tough,”

“I believe that if a fighter wants to fight at any weight that he wants to fight at, he has that opportunity, but he shouldn’t stop the opponent from fighting at the sanctioned weight which in this case is 160.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...lem-for-boxing

Title fights always take place at the standard weight limit for that division. Those are the regulations of boxing pertaining to weights in title fights.

Catchweights are an exclusive commercial agreement between the two fighters and their teams and have nothing to do with the regulations of boxing.

That's as clear as day. If you want to carry on saying that day is night, then go ahead. But are wrong.
                Thanks for quoting me, but I obviously was not referring to the whole, is Cotto a middleweight? argument you two were having. I think it was obvious based on the quote that I tagged what I was referring too.
                Last edited by KnickTillDeaTh; 10-20-2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Good call. Flogging a dead horse is not a productive use of time.

And Cotto will not vacate, he will be stripped because Golovkin is too scared to give him a catchweight..... despite Golovkin stating yesterday that he can make 154, and despite that fight being Golovkins best possible payday.

Dont see how you can accept that from your guy.
                  His problem if he doesn't want to go down to 154 for Cotto. After all, he is a millionary successful boxer, and you a loser hating on a internet forum.
                  Originally posted by chaposinaloa View Post
                  Selling 150k ppvs and acting as an A side ?? Makes no sense.
                  Precisely acting like a MW champion, not a 154 champion. He made millions already, so don't feel bad for him.
                  If he doesn't want to go down to 154, he shouldn't do it. It's up to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
                    Thanks for quoting me, but I obviously was not referring to the while is Cotto a middleweight argument you two were having. I think it was obvious based on the quote that I tagged what I was referring too.
                    So which smaller man has GGG called out then?
                    Last edited by kafkod; 10-20-2015, 08:04 PM.

Comment

So which smaller man has GGG called out then?
                      Im confused.... has GGG said he doesn't want to fight Cotto?

Comment

Working...
                      X