Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any former skinny guys have had success gaining muscle mass?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My metabolism must be through the roof

I'm eating 3600 calories in a day and not gaining any weight

I'm 6 foot 2. 160 pounds.

I have had days where I've ate 4500 calories

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
      In general it's the quantity. I don't finish the whole meal as I get full easy. When I tried my diet it was both quantity and what I was eating. It was a cheap diet designed to gain muscle but I was eating the same thing every day and it was hard to get all of it down to begin with. My new diet will have variety because I don't want to make that same mistake again.
      That's why they generally recommend scheduling around 6 meals a day. Most people can't stuff away enough food to gain the weight in just a few meals. This is easier if you spread it out.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

Lol 5'9. 127 pounds. Eating 3600 a day and training hard. What a time to be alive

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

Metabolism usually has very little to do with it especially if you are in your 20's, Metabolism only really has an effect when your body is growing at a massive rate like when you go through a growth spurt as a teenager.P

People either overestimate how many calories they are eating or underestimate how many they burn through in a day, usually both. The excess energy has to go somewhere is you eat 3600 calories its basic physics, it either turns into fat, muscle or get used up through exercise. It cannot just disappear and be called metabolism, chances are you burn through a lot more than you realise

Bear in mind. For a 6 ft 2 200lbs man who exercises moderately to maintain his weight he has to eat about 3000 calories a day, for someone who exercises quite a bit 3600 isn't a stretch for maintenance so you might just be eating enough calories to just stay at she same weight.

Comment

I just started eating hemp seeds, 10g of protein per 3 TBSP, they taste sort of like sunflower seeds, very easy and fast nutritious protein, also has healthy fats.

I highly recommend them, you can buy them at a Costco or online, just google "raw shelled hemp seeds"

Comment

I was in the same boat 2 years ago, slim/skinny looking guy trying to gain more muscle.
              It was hard to consume a lotcalories a day and if i did I saw no real gains.

So I started taking Rebuilt Mass, its a mass gainer protein that GNC sells and let me tell you it help out A LOT. I went to the gym 4-5 days week and drink it twice a day and started seening nice gains. I started at 160lbs and got up to upper 170s after a few months. People thought i was taking steriods because I blew up fast and my gains was mostly muscles and very little fat.

But I stop taking the mass gainers because i didnt want to gain any more weight. Now im at stable comfortable weight.

So i recommend taking some kind of mass gainer to gain the weight. But YOU MUST have consistant gym schedule to see its full effect.

Comment

Yeah I was 150lbs and my height is 5'11'' which means I was underweight at that time. I tried multiple Mass gainers product but my muscles stop growing at some specific point I crossed 160lbs with mass gainer but after that It stucks like nothing gonna work on me!

So I start searching and find out some legal SARMS read about the side effects, searched the best products available read about the ingredients and end up buying RAD 140 Stack it gave me the energy, help my muscle to grow, help me train better and the best part this is legal and safe!

Comment

People are "hard gainers" because they don't know what they are doing.

I always hear crap like I eat 4500 calories and I cant put on weight, you eat 4500 calories everyday for weeks? I doubt it. You probably ate 4500 calories (or think you did) and somewhere down the week you offset it when you ate light say 1200 calories for that day now between those 2 days you average 2700 calories a day. So yeah you just dont know what you are doing.

Ask yourself this? do you lose weight? I am betting NO, and thats because you are eating enough, what you are not doing is eating enough protein,fats etc and are not working out correctly and consistently enough or horrible lifestyle to even see results and/or you have unrealistic expectations about what you should be seeing.

I see this all the time people come to me and swear they are advanced individuals who know their nutrition and all that but reality their are noobs who are working out incorrectly have a horrible lifestyle that is counter productive to gaining muscle and eat like crap hypertrophy wise (crap in a sense as it does nothing to help gain muscle).
                  • You can workout right but sleep only 5 hours a night and get drunk on the weekend you arent going to be growing for s#it.
                  • You can workout right and eating enough calories but not hitting certain macros threshold so you wont being growing for s#it.
                  • You can eat right but workout like wrong and you wont be growing for s#it.
                  • You workout right, eat right, lifestyle right than you body will be force to grow no matter what. It does not have a choice, its just SCIENCE how the body works.
                  Last edited by TheBoxGod; 10-20-2021, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I did, but my genetics are really good. I put on so much mass so quickly that everyone thought I was on the juice.

Comment

Nash is 6 foot and 170 pounds. Low body fat and muscular for his weight. He has gained around 15 pounds in the last year, but does not know how, but it pleases him as he'd like to hit 185 without putting in any effort. Give Nash a year and he will reach that goal. Nash did lift weights around a decade ago, but his time is limited, and he can be a bit lazy when it comes to working out, but make no mistake about it, Nash is not to be trifled with. Nash out.
                      sallyField sallyField likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X