No announcement yet.

Floyd is the GOAT @ 130.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd is the GOAT @ 130.

I watched some of Floyd's earlier fights the other day, and I forgot just how good he was at SFW. He didn't unify all the belts or clean out the division, but he completely dominated 2 of the best guys at the weight in Hernandez and Manfredy at just 21, and later dominated Corrales.

It's close between him and Alexis Arguello. He's def in the top 3

Comment

Bwahahahaha! Hernandez in his last career fight and Manfredy was highly overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Bwahahahaha! Hernandez in his last career fight and Manfredy was highly overrated.
        Who would you favour to beat Floyd at 130 lbs out of curiosity?

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
          I watched some of Floyd's earlier fights the other day, and I forgot just how good he was at SFW. He didn't unify all the belts or clean out the division, but he completely dominated 2 of the best guys at the weight in Hernandez and Manfredy at just 21, and later dominated Corrales.
          - -Hernandez a sick man in his cash in fight.

Manfredy lucky to make top 200 list at 130.

U Ace troll.

Comment

Floyd is...
            #1 at 130
            #2 at 135 (behind Duran of course)
            Unrated at 140
            Top 10 at 147

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
              Who would you favour to beat Floyd at 130 lbs out of curiosity?
              Arguello had the perfect style to cause Floyd fits. That fight is 50/50 imo..

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

U Ace troll.
                Hernandez wasn't sick in that fight. And he was still rated the top SFW in the world after having pretty much cleared out the division. Further he was undefeated at SFW and his only career loss was to Oscar at Lightweight where he was clearly outsized

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

U Ace troll.
                  I never said Manfredy was an ATG at 130. Just that he was one of the top 130 pounders in the world at the time Floyd fought him.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                    So what? Other guys beat these same boxers. Oscar had KOed a much younger, better Hernandez with ease years before Floyd did and Oscar was only 22 years old then. Others also beat Manfredy and Corralez too. Henry Armstrong as a young featherweight held the featherweight, lightweight and welterweight title at the same time and fought a draw with the middleweight champion. I'd say that tops anything Mayweather did at 130. Can you imagine the 130 pound Mayweather fighting a draw with the middleweight champion when he was at 130?

Comment

Working...
                    X