Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much money is a mandatory challenger purse worth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    dude 3 belts and a spot on a mythical list have little to no value. he is getting 75% based on the WBA belt as this is the mando for that belt as you are aware. So why does he need to risk anything?

My belief is just that, a belief. I also watched HBO make Duva walk away from the kov/Stevenson purse bid in a similar situation.

Fighting GGG isn't as much as fighting Canelo when you comapre resumes dude.

The thing is you think Jacobs should be honored to fight GGG and take less because of that. The same argument can be made for GGG relative to Canelo.

No its not like comparing that at all. The point is simple-you dont expect GGG to not try and get what he wants for Canelo, so don't expect jacobs not to do same for GGG.
    Stopped reading there.

Boxing is a sport. In every single sport, there's a competition that crowns a champion. If you don't care about titles and who's the best [p4p], then we have nothing further to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      In terms of money, you don't answer the question. If GGG makes two millions, then 35% for Jacobs means he earns about 1 million. Would he accept that?
      Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      Maxi showing us his maths and failing badly.
      Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      Golovkin purse = 2 millions
      Jacobs purse = 1 million
      Total = 3 millions
      Golovkin % = 66.6%
      Jacobs % = 33.3% which is about 35%.

You're even worse than I expected, can't even do basic math and yet brag about maths.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        It has everything to do with it. You quoted my post, the 2nd sentence of which is:
        He's getting a shot at 3 belts and a fight with a P4Per while risking nothing himself.
        Fighting Canelo is not greatness. Canelo is a great fighter who 'holds' the joke of lineal title and happens to be Mexican and brings good money. A win over Canelo is not greatness. Fighting a P4Per in a higher division like Ward or Kovalev is greatness.

Jacobs has no leverage and no balls. Your whole theory rests on your belief that K2 is afraid to lose the purse bid. Since Loeffler is the one who pushed for purse bid in the first place, it's unlikely that theory is true.
        Jacobs has nothing. Shut up and take 25% or get the hell out of the picture.

You can "lmfao" all you want, but if you somehow think these two situations are the same, I don't know what to tell you. It's like comparing Floyd-Manny negotiations to Floyd-Berto.
        I agree with Jozef.... in the GGG vs Jacobs negotiations everything is in Golovkin's favour from Marketability to championships to P4P rankings .... Canelo's only advantage over GGG, albeit an important one, is marketability but Golovkin has everything else, the vast majority also view him as the better fighter. So he has much less of a reason than Jacobs to bow down to the A-side, MUCH LESS!!!

Comment

its always hard to make 2 cowards face each other.

Comment

I don't assume ggg needs him. The WBA ordered them to fight. I agree if jacobs side wins the bid things change.

I get your point but Jacobs would be the best opponent on GGG's resume so he adds something to it.

Is he even guaranteed to get a Canelo fight? I would find it quite boring if he keeps koing a string of ho hopers waiting until a Canelo fight happens.
            What Jacobs adds to Golovkin'slegacy is negligible. He's already #1 in the division and even with him, he won't beat out Kovalev/Ward in the p4p ranks.....nor Chocolatito until he slows down...GGG doesn't really need Canelo either...you can think it unfair but the actual boxing industry ranks him higher p4p...he needs Canelo only to make money/fame but if he were to hold 4 belts, everyone in the middleweight division would play under his rules. Anyone who wasn't willing to fight the champ and second biggest draw of the division would simply be a conman trying to milk his fans for every penny. Only Canelo and Saunders have real leverage over GGG. GGG has to concede some things to get them in the ring....I personally think 10 million should be enough for GGG for Canelo, but if the promotion is done right and it transcends to the mainstream, team GGG would regret a flat fee. He needs Sunders' belt and the fact that the UK is such a healthy market right now means he would get paid handsomely for a relatively risk free fight for him, so unless Saunders makes Eubank-like demands, I don't see how GGG turns him down...that's why Canelo is using his marketability to beat him to the punch and buttering up the WBO officials to get Suanders. So the point you're trying to make for Jacobs is wasted....the only way he holds leverage is by winning the purse bid, while Saunders already has the belt.

People who think GGG needs another weightclass are delusional too. 99.9% of boxers only move up for two reasons. They're having a hard time with the weight,or they're chasing a money fight , and there's plenty of ATG's who stayed in whatever weightclass was comfortable to them until one of those criteria were met.

Comment

So GGG should take the $10 mil offer just so the canelo fight can get made?
              if the fight was going to be next and GBP made it clear that it was a take-it-or-leave-it offer, then yes, they should take it.

With the fight at least a year away with each having several interim bouts, then no, they should tell them to stick that flat-fee offer somewhere......

Comment

dude 3 belts and a spot on a mythical list have little to no value. he is getting 75% based on the WBA belt as this is the mando for that belt as you are aware. So why does he need to risk anything?

My belief is just that, a belief. I also watched HBO make Duva walk away from the kov/Stevenson purse bid in a similar situation.

Fighting GGG isn't as much as fighting Canelo when you comapre resumes dude.

The thing is you think Jacobs should be honored to fight GGG and take less because of that. The same argument can be made for GGG relative to Canelo.

No its not like comparing that at all. The point is simple-you dont expect GGG to not try and get what he wants for Canelo, so don't expect jacobs not to do same for GGG.

you are making stuff up. You dont have the slightest idea what HBO said or didnt say to Duva. You are speculating and offering it as fact

Comment

did you make a thread like this when GGG was Canelo's mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
                    did you make a thread like this when GGG was Canelo's mandatory
                    No because Canelo directly vacated the title few days after the Amir Khan fight.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      you are making stuff up. You dont have the slightest idea what HBO said or didnt say to Duva. You are speculating and offering it as fact
                      Duva asked to be the mando, then pulled out of the purse bid before resigning with HBO. How is it speculation to think HBO had an impact on that decision?

Comment

Working...
                      X