Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people being fooled by HBO's mismatches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Pretty much. It's strange to watch people coo over GGG and Kovalev and then blast Danny Garcia as a cherry picker even though his opposition has been far stronger.

I think the good part about HBO having such a limited roster means they'll have to put their talent in against each other. I think. Seems that rule doesn't apply to GGG unless it makes GGG happy.
    That gets boring though because they have these pointless rematches that fans do not support. I mean how many more blown up JMW and mismatched MW's will fans tolerate before Canelo and GGG fight?

It was easy when Floyd was at the top. Now when its NSB favorites that are not fighting each other their fans have to face the fact that their favorites are not as altruistic as they like to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
      no people are for sure fooled. look how many people were fooled into thinking ggg lemieux was a competitive "brawl". the same people that support hbo are the same ones complaining about pbc fights like garcia guerrero which is actually a good put together fight that will be very entertaining
      keep telling yourself that. Guerrero hasnt had a decent performance in at least 3 years. Other than the Ruben-Angel angle, which will be mildly entertaining for about 3 minutes, this fight is crap and you know it. All the guys Haymon has at 147, and Garcia-Guerrero is the fight he makes? lol okay.....

And I'll call it right now. 118-110 Garcia, assuming Guerrero makes it the distance....

Comment

Very flawed logic being used here.

1. HBO has the best fighters in the world under contract. They would be heavily favored by anyone in their divisions. They also have exciting fighters, some of who are worth watching regardless of who they are against. The Kovalev - Mahameddi (or whatever his name is) was a complete mismatch but I still watch it because how can a boxing fan in 2015 miss a Kovalev fight? Same with Crawford's last fight. Superstars like Canelo, Cotto, and Wlad are going to draw fan interest, as well as emerging stars like GGG, Crawford, Kovalev, etc.

2. Al Haymon has hundreds of opponents that are off the table: I do not understand how this fact does not sink in to some of you. Opponents for non-haymon guys are extremely limited. It is difficult for many fights to get made in the first place for all types of reasons, but adding this in makes it damn near impossible to get a high level of matchup as often as we would like. Lets take GGG for an example. He was heavily favored against Lemieux and yet it was a miracle that K2 was even able to make this fight. If GGG were to fight Quillin or Jacobs, he would be just as much of a favorite, but those would be respectable fights which are unfortunately not available to him at the moment. Look at some of Golden Boy and Top Rank's prospects. They are having a very difficult time finding the above average, tough opponents that will give their guys good fights because Haymon literally has a couple hundred above-average but not great fighters.

3. PBC should be held to a higher standard because of what I outlined above. They have hundreds of fighters and some of the top fighters in each division. Their mismatches are much more inexcusable....especially since all of these puppets claim they will fight whoever Al puts in front of them (which we are starting to see is not the case at all).

I've said this before and I will say it again. If you are a solid above average fighter, signing with Haymon is the right move: good paydays, network tv opportunities, and still having the luxury of getting some easy fights. If you can be a star, being with an actual promoter who is affiliated with HBO is the way to go.

Comment

wtf are you smoking?

quit dickriding pbc just because haymon is black.

he don't give a shiet about you.

only color he care about is green. and rightfully so.

Comment

this guy complains about HBO then praises Garcia-Guerrero. That fight is just as bad as what HBO is putting out, in fact it's worse because it will last 12 rounds because Garcia is incapable of burying crap opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              keep telling yourself that. Guerrero hasnt had a decent performance in at least 3 years. Other than the Ruben-Angel angle, which will be mildly entertaining for about 3 minutes, this fight is crap and you know it. All the guys Haymon has at 147, and Garcia-Guerrero is the fight he makes? lol okay.....

And I'll call it right now. 118-110 Garcia, assuming Guerrero makes it the distance....
              someone of guerrero's caliber would be the best opponent on ggg's resume.
              nowadays, hbo coddles their top fighters and rarely matches them tough. FACT!

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
                someone of guerrero's caliber would be the best opponent on ggg's resume.
                nowadays, hbo coddles their top fighters and rarely matches them tough. FACT!
                funny that people that dont like GGG seem to find a way to insert him into every single topic.

But listen, all you have to do is convince uncle Al to let the Quillin-Jacobs winner out of protective custody, and they can get that work vs GGG.

I can hear it already. GGG puts Quillin on the floor, and suddenly Quillin is just an overrated bum who only beat old Wink lol
                Last edited by OnePunch; 12-02-2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Its easy to **** on any group for their mismatches & everyone puts on mismatches quit bsing you guys bsing. In fact most fights in boxing are mismatches regardless if they are TV or non-TV fights or HBO or PBC or whatever. HBO does put on the most consistently competitive fights which is why they got the #1 spot in most peoples hearts & minds who watch boxing. The hard reality for some fans is PBC is #2 at this in their short time on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    this guy complains about HBO then praises Garcia-Guerrero. That fight is just as bad as what HBO is putting out, in fact it's worse because it will last 12 rounds because Garcia is incapable of burying crap opponents.
                    It's this guy tho, he's got no integrity

Originally posted by Cinci Champ
                    that was a great fight to watch very entertaining. ggg lemieux has to happen they fight so similar both are the hunters god i want to see that fight please make it happen. something tells me ggg will have some excuse why they cant make it tho i mean god talk about a dream fight it wont last 2 rounds lol
                    Originally posted by Cinci Champ
                    thats what happens when u pick a fighter that has 1% chance to win ggg we all know you're 99% scared of ward

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Its easy to **** on any group for their mismatches & everyone puts on mismatches quit bsing you guys bsing. In fact most fights in boxing are mismatches regardless if they are TV or non-TV fights or HBO or PBC or whatever. HBO does put on the most consistently competitive fights which is why they got the #1 spot in most peoples hearts & minds who watch boxing. The hard reality for some fans is PBC is #2 at this in their short time on TV.
                      hbo cares about ratings and buzz.

if it means a easy fight where it hypes up their guy OR a tough fight between two stars.

hbo forced cotto to fight canelo. they did that by buying geale in exchange for cotto fighting canelo.

hbo is tring to do the same for ward-kovalev.

Comment

Working...
                      X