A possible explanation of this Golovkin madness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A possible explanation of this Golovkin madness

-removed
    Last edited by a9s8f78wgh5g8hjwoivq; 02-21-2024, 11:07 AM.

Originally posted by b0x View Post
    Okay so we're all surprised at this Golovkin Brook announcement right? Well in business, there's usually a reason behind everything.

Okay, so first, the Eubanks were looking to get hearn to promote them. We were told it was on the basis that hearn got them golovkin. But hold the phone. We know Eubank's not ready for that, so what really happened? What if Eddie hearn says, I can raise your stock, and make it look like Golovkin is ducking you? Okay we're interested say the Eubanks.

Meanwhile, Kell brook has not fought anyone decent, but has instead pulled out of all his big fights since porter. Maybe the machete attack has done something to him? Along comes Eddie. "hey brook, you know youre shot? Well, I gots a fight for ya!". Eddie could say to brook, don't risk it against chavez or vargas. Come fight golovkin as im setting it up to make it look like he's ducking jr. Then when you lose youre in the same boat as khan, and you can get it on. You'll make more money this way kell!

Meanwhile, jr is playing his part talking absurdities on twitter and is now pretending he never saw the contract. Eddie wouldn't have stabbed him in the back and hidden the contract. He could get sued for it.

What do you think? On to something or is my foil hat loose?
    It's simple.
    1. They had a deal to fight GGG for X money.
    2. After the Doran fight, Eubank Sr. said more money or no fight.
    3. Sky didn't confirm if they would give that money to them.
    4. Sky asked for other options, and Brook was offered the fight.
    5. Brook acccepted.
    6. Eubanks got what they wanted. They said more money or no fight. No fight then, for breaking a deal.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
        So you reckon that Eddie screwed JR over even though he is basically on trial to become his promoter? Cause JR is saying he knew nothing about it. It's business at it's best!
        I think Eubank Sr. is the one screwing up his son's career. He's a very poor manager because he's delusional - he thinks his son is him; he thinks his son is a massive superstar with Mayweather talent. Typical of fathers, they think the world of their sons, as they should but he's managing his sons career that's where it gets tricky.

They turned down a Saunders rematch. They were in position to fight Jacobs and went a different direction. And now they had Golovkin lined up ready to go but Sr wanted to restructure the entire PPV system which obviously isn't going to fly and end up completely botching the fight.

I think Sr was demanding things Hearn simply couldn't realistically deliver.

Comment

Working...
        X