13. Kid Chocolate
    14. Wilfred Benitez
    15. Felix Trinidad
    16. Carlos Zarate
    17. Ricardo Lopez
    18. Marco Antonio Barrera
    19. Erik Morales
    20. Panama Al Brown

Honorable mention: Pascual Perez, Vicente Saldivar, Miguel Canto, Luis Rodriguez, Antonio Cervantes, Eusebio Pedroza, Ismael Laguna, Roman Gonzalez,

I don't really have a top 20 list but my top 5 would be something like:

1. Roberto Duran
    2. Julio Cesar Chavez
    3. Carlos Monzon
    4. Carlos Ortiz
    5. Alexis Arguello

Comment

Love Duran, but even the Mayweathers will tell you JC Chavez Sr is the best Latino fighter of all time! Roger says the best FIGHTER of all time. He even said he would beat Floyd Jr.

Comment

I think Hector "Macho" Camacho deserves to be on your list.

Comment

I like Sanchez a little higher, perhaps. His career was cut short, so we do not have full information. Still, I might place him in the top 10 AT featherweights, because he had a style that was hard to deal with. Arguello had a complete career, so of course his career was greater. But it may be that Sanchez had the style to take him apart and avoid his big shots. I always felt that he probably would. No guarantees. Arguello had some trouble with angles, though, and Sanchez presented a lot of angles. That is only speculation. Arguello would still go above him on the list because of the full career and more information.

I believe Duran is the best Latino fighter of AT, if not the best fighter period P4P. Near universally recognized as the best lightweight ever, he never fought at 140, going right to 147. Even ballooned to 147, he arguably makes the top 10 AT at that weight. A tight squeeze, but maybe.

Duran vs Chavez in their primes is probably the most entertaining mythical matchup possible. Both men have all punches, and throw them constantly. Chavez could rip off triple lefhooks with perfect ease and naturalness, and he is among the best body punchers ever. I believe Duran hits a bit harder, which could be the small difference in the fight.

Against a straight ahead fighter like Chavez, would Duran appear more clever than generally given credit for, or would he simply relish the opportunity to collide and go to Viking war?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            IMO -

1. Roberto Duran
            2. Eder Jofre
            3. Carlos Monzon
            4. Carlos Ortiz
            5. Kid Gavilan
            6. Alexis Arguello
            7. Ruben Olivares
            8. Jose Napoles
            9. Julio Cesar Chavez
            10. Juan Manuel Marquez

11. Salvador Sanchez
            12. Wilfredo Gomez
            13. Kid Chocolate
            14. Wilfred Benitez
            15. Felix Trinidad
            16. Carlos Zarate
            17. Ricardo Lopez
            18. Marco Antonio Barrera
            19. Erik Morales
            20. Panama Al Brown

Honorable mention: Pascual Perez, Vicente Saldivar, Miguel Canto, Luis Rodriguez, Antonio Cervantes, Eusebio Pedroza, Ismael Laguna, Roman Gonzalez,
            you consider bum marquez better than Morales? Even though he ducked him

You have bum marquez above Gomez and barrera?

Trinidad would stop the duck in under tree rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
              Love Duran, but even the Mayweathers will tell you JC Chavez Sr is the best Latino fighter of all time! Roger says the best FIGHTER of all time. He even said he would beat Floyd Jr.
              Floyd Jr. picked Duran as the #2: fighter all time. After him of course. LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                I like Sanchez a little higher, perhaps. His career was cut short, so we do not have full information. Still, I might place him in the top 10 AT featherweights, because he had a style that was hard to deal with. Arguello had a complete career, so of course his career was greater. But it may be that Sanchez had the style to take him apart and avoid his big shots. I always felt that he probably would. No guarantees. Arguello had some trouble with angles, though, and Sanchez presented a lot of angles. That is only speculation. Arguello would still go above him on the list because of the full career and more information.

I believe Duran is the best Latino fighter of AT, if not the best fighter period P4P. Near universally recognized as the best lightweight ever, he never fought at 140, going right to 147. Even ballooned to 147, he arguably makes the top 10 AT at that weight. A tight squeeze, but maybe.

Duran vs Chavez in their primes is probably the most entertaining mythical matchup possible. Both men have all punches, and throw them constantly. Chavez could rip off triple lefhooks with perfect ease and naturalness, and he is among the best body punchers ever. I believe Duran hits a bit harder, which could be the small difference in the fight.

Against a straight ahead fighter like Chavez, would Duran appear more clever than generally given credit for, or would he simply relish the opportunity to collide and go to Viking war?
                He'd box Chavez. I'm sure of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jennets Holey View Post
                  you consider bum marquez better than Morales? Even though he ducked him

You have bum marquez above Gomez and barrera?

Trinidad would stop the duck in under tree rounds
                  I get it. He ruined your life on December 8th, 2012 when he damn near killed Pacroid.

Yes, I do have him above those as you can see from my list your just being immature. He didn't duck Morales he always wanted those fights and was frozen out. Marquez was a clearly superior fighter to Tito (those are my two favorite boxers of all-time).
                  Last edited by chrisJS; 10-12-2017, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post

I love Sanchez. He's one of my favorites ever. I think he would have beaten Arguello and anywhere from 6-12 seems a fair ranking. We only saw him up until 23 which means we may have never saw his best and we also never saw his decline which every fighter must deal with. Had Tito not fought after May 12, 2001 he may rank in a much better light.

Sanchez had excellent skills and talent though. What a fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X