Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain Errol Spence's layoff?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
    Yeah that might have something to do with the inactivity. It might hurt Spence in the long run if he keeps taking these long ass layoffs.
    He won’t. Just a strange twist of events pre and post Brook.

Comment

He's getting payed 3.5M per fight, that can't give him that type of money 3 times a year

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
        He's getting payed 3.5M per fight, that can't give him that type of money 3 times a year
        I thought he was getting a bih payday to compensate for inactivity or something weird

Comment

I'm blaming PBC **** THAT. Spence should have SET LEAST fought one more time this year. He says he was promised three fights in 2018 so we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            I'm blaming PBC **** THAT. Spence should have SET LEAST fought one more time this year. He says he was promised three fights in 2018 so we shall see.
            Yep.. It's good to get paid, but inactivity ain't that good. Fans have short memories. Show us what you are made of for us to stay with you, Spence.

Your career is dissatisfactory so far for me to stay a fan (maybe one of your biggest). I don't care about no welter wanting to fight you. Challenge yourself, bro, move on. Your stable is damn good, fight Lara, Jermell, and Hurd.

I'm turning into Spence critic and I don't like it.

Comment

Same reason all the other top fighters only fought once or twice. We know y’all only care about fighters associated with Haymon tho. Same thing with the drug testing.Y’all don’t care about it unless it involves someone associated with Haymon

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                Same reason all the other top fighters only fought once or twice. We know y’all only care about fighters associated with Haymon tho. Same thing with the drug testing.Y’all don’t care about it unless it involves someone associated with Haymon
                What? Man get over yourself. I specifically said I'm not blaming anyone. Bottom line, I don't care about who a fighter is affiliated with. Why so many of you seem to be fans of promoters/managers over fighters is beyond me. I'm a fan of Spence.i want to see him fight often, and he hasn't been. Period. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                  What? Man get over yourself. I specifically said I'm not blaming anyone. Bottom line, I don't care about who a fighter is affiliated with. Why so many of you seem to be fans of promoters/managers over fighters is beyond me. I'm a fan of Spence.i want to see him fight often, and he hasn't been. Period. End of story.
                  He fought 4 times in 2015 twice in 2016. He fights once in 2017 and you act like he been fighting once a year for the past 5 years. Just admit certain fighters are held to different standards.

Comment

He's a PBC fighter. His activity level is about normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      I thought he was getting a bih payday to compensate for inactivity or something weird
                      I'm pretty sure if he were to ask for about 1M-1.5M he would have already defended his title, but 3.5M is crazy money, only the big dogs get paid that much (Canelo, Joshua, Haye and Golovkin) maybe Eubank and Groves will crack 3M but that's about it, no way guys with the popularity of Spence should get near 4M

Comment

Working...
                      X