Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let me make my little rant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not so much the "hate" but rather the sheer volume of repetitive threads about him. There are plenty of other boxers to talk about, we don't need 500 threads a day about the same guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Because it's always those from a certain demographic who bash GGG. Their motive is obvious.

GGG is a exciting and fearless ring warrior, who is good for the sport.

We have never seen prima donnas like Ward and Mayweather fighting around the world, for example in the UK or Monaco. They fight a cowardly safety-first style, staying at home and go for boring UDs, while GGG goes for the KO in every fight.

Yet people from a certain demographic will support guys like Ward no matter how boring and dirty he fights, no matter how much of a prima donna diva he is, because sad to say, they judge boxers by only ONE thing.
      last time i checked ward is fighting kov, and has fought guys like kessler, froch, and dawson

i respect ward for doing that, dude really seems to strive to be the best

not every fighter is blessed with raw power, so yeah some fighters have to be crafty

im not a particular fan of the "slick" style, I've always been more of a fan of what alexis arguello or JMM did, boxer counter puncher

finally GGG is 34/35, he should be looking for challenges where he can find them. He's in a terrible situation because of that.

Sergio Martinez was basically in a similar situation, he fought paul williams and kelly pavlik...GGG should do the same

Comment

They dismiss the other reasons people don't like Golovkin like having the worst resume of any top 5 P4P fighter in history, being an hypocrite, making claims he doesn't back up and say it's race. I've lost count of how many times Golovkin fans thought i was black and when they find out i'm not call me a wigger.

There's a lot of race hate going around these forums and the majority of it is coming from Golovkin fans.

Comment

No, my point was that, unlike humans, adult male gorillas don't rape the young females.

The purpose of the link was to provide evidence that humans do.
          I'm over it. Did you get my pm?

Comment

I'll tell you what I think of you to your face when we meet up in Vegas in 2 months time.

this is gonna be more interesting than the kovalev-ward fight itself!

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
              What's up with all this "demographic" ****?
              Come on, Mega. It is blatantly obvious the hate mainly comes from black posters. Let's keep it real now. I wish we had a platform to talk about it freely, Gennady is being hated because he is white skinned and the face of the sport.

Comment

About GGG haters/bias and racism in boxing

It’s not unheard of. Just like white America had a massive collective hard-on for Jack Johnson back when the heavyweight championship was the biggest prize in sports (and the sole domain of white-skinned pugilists), once boxing’s most coveted title became the domain of African Americans, prideful black fans learned to be antagonistic to white heavyweight contenders during Muhammad Ali’s reigns (and beyond). One of my earliest boxing memories is of a lady in church going off on Jerry Quarry (her tirade shocked and confused me because of its intensity and because I had no idea she followed boxing – she really wasn’t a fan, she was black and proud and Ali had become a cultural hero by the 1970s). Black boxing fans I knew in the 1980s and ‘90s did not have nice things to say about Gerry Cooney or Tommy Morrison (who I liked and supported, which many of my black friends found annoying). They more I cheered for Morrison, the more they booed his white ass. And, man, when he would get knocked out (which happened, often in brutal fashion) there was a celebration. LOL.

The hate/racial bias for GGG (which is real) seems out of control because of social media. It’s like all of the s__t talk about a fighter that used to be confined to barber shops and locker rooms has been put into a very far-reaching public forum. The backlash against GGG is, in my opinion, a product of his fast rise to prominence (in both the media and the sport), his HBO affiliation/support, and his look/demeanor.

Golovkin, who was unknown to most of the fans who rip him today prior to his HBO debut in September 2012, climbed the middleweight rankings (and eventually the pound-for-pound lists) during a time when the sport’s two most talented African-American boxers Ward and Mayweather were struggling (Ward with his inactivity; Mayweather with general public acceptance). Mayweather and Ward carry the mantle of black pride for a significant number of African-American fans because they are undefeated, dominant champions, and were, at one time, Nos. 1 and 2 in the mythical pound-for-pound rankings. Being a middleweight, Golovkin is a potential opponent for Mayweather, who was the junior middleweight champ, and Ward, the former super middleweight champ. That gets fans talking about potential fights, which sparks arguments when Golovkin fans opine that their man can beat the two best black boxers in the sport. (Plus Mayweather and Ward’s diehard fans are already miffed that GGG is rated ahead of Ward on most P4P lists.) Of course, arguments on social media can easily and quickly turn ugly, and racial epithets are never far behind.

Adding fuel to the GGG hate is the media love for the Kazakhstan-born fighter. He’s the darling of the boxing press (as Oscar De La Hoya and Canelo Alvarez have discovered). I was looking at BoxingScene.com’s homepage on Tuesday night (about 10:45 p.m. PT) and found NINE headlines with Golovkin’s name in it. Any news about Golovkin, it seems, is fit to post. LOL. This media love and HBO’s usual marketing push for a contract fighter has created an added backlash from GGG haters because they feel like he’s being crammed down their throats.

And finally, although mixed with Asian (and hailing from a country in Central Asia), Golovkin’s skin is white and he’s got a clean-cut look – short hair (sometimes with a part in it), no tattoos. He’s also polite and respectful outside of the ring. He just smiles, offers his sound bites and stays out of the usual mud-slinging between rival fighters, promoters and managers. This drives cretins crazy. (Trust me, I’m an expert on a__hole boxing fans.) They want the fighters they hate to engage with them, sink down to their level. GGG won’t do it, and it pisses a lot of them off. They actually like it when a white-skinned fighter they piss on spews some s__t back, which is one of the reasons Krusher Kovalev isn’t as hated on as much as GGG.

By Doug Fisher, Editor of ******

Comment

Don in this bish playing white-knight for some of the must bigoted people on this site.

But to be honest I don't think these guys dislike Golovkin because of his skin color ( it's one part of it), they dislike him because he called out their pride and joy Floyd Mayweather and they didn't like that one bit.

They didn't like Donaire because he looked like the guy who rivaled Mayweather. These losers have a sick obsession with another man and I'm kind of embarrassed for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    They dismiss the other reasons people don't like Golovkin like having the worst resume of any top 5 P4P fighter in history, being an hypocrite, making claims he doesn't back up and say it's race. I've lost count of how many times Golovkin fans thought i was black and when they find out i'm not call me a wigger.

There's a lot of race hate going around these forums and the majority of it is coming from Golovkin fans.
                    Who is there to fight at 168 though? 160 has Canelo, Saunders, Eubank, Jacobs... who is there at 168 that is talented enough and brings enough money. Ward didn't even want the fight, the man struggles to make 175 for crying out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
                      I have a question, why do people get mad when GGG gets hate?? why do posters act like he is not allowed to be hated on? I have been on this forum for almost 10 years and have seen fighters who have accomplished more be torn apart. So why the surprise when GGG gets slammed?

The same posters who get mad at people for slamming GGG sit on here and slam other fighters left and right. So what is the real issue at hand here? Honestly i just want to see the man in better fights, but i troll certain posters because they praise him like he has an alt resume or accomplishments when he doesnt. But fighters who do have great resumes and accomplishments get slammed and their accomplishments ripped apart.

I can only speak for myself here as a GGG fan.

Personally I don't care if he gets hate, it's his success and attention that brings that hate and that's a good thing.

I get that his resume is pretty weak for such a high p4p ranking, and hype, but....it's not his fault this is so. I can't knock you for something that isn't your fault. It's like knocking you because you are short, or of a certain color. Hating on someone for something they can't change is weak.

Also, if the man wants to unify the division before moving up, respect his decision.

I too want to see him fight the best there is, but obviously it isn't that simple to make happen or it would be happening.

Now, why do some get hate and others don't? Well double standards are a sad reality when it comes to boxing fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X