Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO's commentators getting checked last night by their own people!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Dan Rafael was hatin' big time.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
    Sitting here thinking about what a terrible fight that was tonight. So disappointing. #DonaireRigondeaux #boxing

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
    If @trboxing & @GoldenBoyBoxing would work together we would have had Donaire-Mares instead of tonight's stinkbomb. #DonaireRigondeaux

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
    I dont need toe-to-toe war to be satisfied but I despise watching guys who run, back up & dont engage.Rigo huge ability but not entertaining

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
    If you're not going to even try to entertain, people wont watch, wont buy tickets and TV nets wont put you on.
    LOL. Dan Rafael's favorite fighter is Arturo Gatti. I don't expect him to enjoy this. He gets a lot of exclusives and insider info but I don't take him seriously other than that.

Comment

Dan Rafael was hatin' big time.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
      Sitting here thinking about what a terrible fight that was tonight. So disappointing. #DonaireRigondeaux #boxing

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
      If @trboxing & @GoldenBoyBoxing would work together we would have had Donaire-Mares instead of tonight's stinkbomb. #DonaireRigondeaux

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
      I dont need toe-to-toe war to be satisfied but I despise watching guys who run, back up & dont engage.Rigo huge ability but not entertaining

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
      If you're not going to even try to entertain, people wont watch, wont buy tickets and TV nets wont put you on.

Comment

raskat will probably post soon claiming robbery and say he scored rounds 1 through 7 10-10.
        LOL...And unfortunately people are going to give him the attention he so desperately seeks and reward him with another 100+ post thread.

Comment

The Bradley vs PAC fight was closer than that one last night. Rigo won clearly ten eleven rounds last night. I had it 11 to 1

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            You're right. I had it 115-112 for Rigo.

I switched over to the BoxNation stream because I was getting nauseous from Max Kellerman's constantly gushing over Rigo like a teenage girl in heat.

The BoxNation blow-by-blow commentator and Timothy Bradley were much more objective in their commentary.
            BoxNation blow-by-blow commentator didn't know what he was watching that night and timothy bradley was crap. bradley had been crap that entire night..........are you serious bro?

in the 12th the commentator said "rigo can't capitalize on donaire" while rigo was icing donaires eye at that exact moment. also i think the box nation commentator only had rigo by 2 points going into the 12th (yes thats a joke and shouldn't be taken serious)

the hbo crew was surprisingly much better last night.............

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
              The Bradley vs PAC fight was closer than that one last night. Rigo won clearly ten eleven rounds last night. I had it 11 to 1
              People forget ring generalship and effective defense are scoring criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                People forget ring generalship and effective defense are scoring criteria.
                yeah exactly. Rigondeaux controlled all four scoring criteria almost every single round. Other than the knockdown round, there isn't a clear round where anyone can tell me Donaire clearly won. Every round Donaire was fighting Rigondeau'x fight and getting out-landed. I think people may have scored a couple rounds for Donaire because he was moving forward while Rigo was pot shotting and moving, but you don't lose points if you're still out landing your opponent landing the cleaner, more effective shots while controlling the pace of the fight.

I thought it was pretty easy to score. I gave Donaire two rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                  He does this after every true boxing match. I have come to the conclusion Rafael doesn't really like boxing, but rather guys that just hit each other really hard.
                  He picks and chooses his favorites. When Hopkins wins he's fights its ok with heavy d but when rigo does the same thing even more convincingly its boring. The best sports writer that covers the sport is Doug fisher.he isn't biast and knows the sport

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    You're right. I had it 115-112 for Rigo.

I switched over to the BoxNation stream because I was getting nauseous from Max Kellerman's constantly gushing over Rigo like a teenage girl in heat.

The BoxNation blow-by-blow commentator and Timothy Bradley were much more objective in their commentary.

I think the reasonable range of scores was 118-109 to 115-112.

Anything outside of that range I feel is just flat out wrong

Comment

I thought this was a better night for HBO. I'm not sure how you could give Donaire any round except for the 10th of course.

Comment

Working...
                      X