No announcement yet.

KO power but no skills vs Skills but no KO power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KO power but no skills vs Skills but no KO power

Which would you rather watch? Better yet which would you rather be?

edit: hen I say skills but no KO power tho I'm talking bout being someone like Timothy Bradley, Winky Wright, etc. not someone on an elite level of feather fistedness like Malignaggi
    Last edited by HtotheZ; 02-15-2013, 03:09 AM.

So basically, Randall Bailey or Paulie Malignaggi?

I'd rather be Paulie. At least with skills, you won't get your head knocked around quite as much as the guy who has no skills and has to land a big punch, taking a punch of big punches himself along the way.

Comment

I think I'd rather skill but no power. You take more brutal beatings with power but no skills. You constantly think you'll land that one punch and you take too many stupid chances. All the while you think you are going to land it, your face is having ten thousand punches landed on it.

Comment

When you say no KO power what do you mean? Paulie Malignaggi or someone like Timmothy Bradley and 147lb Mayweather who have good pop but can't stop people dead with one punch?

If you're thinking of Malignaggi then KO power. With enough practise you can develop a reasonable amount of skills but you couldn't avoid being feather fisted. If you're thinking Mayweather/Bradley type power then skills.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          When you say no KO power what do you mean? Paulie Malignaggi or someone like Timmothy Bradley and 147lb Mayweather who have good pop but can't stop people dead with one punch?

If you're thinking of Malignaggi then KO power. With enough practise you can develop a reasonable amount of skills but you couldn't avoid being feather fisted. If you're thinking Mayweather/Bradley type power then skills.
          great point bro, because i mean id hate to be the dude that no one respects his power and can walk trough anything i dish out.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post

Good point, I never thought of the malignaggi/bradley difference.

I'm thinking of people like Timothy bradley though that's way more typical. Malignaggi is a rare breed of feather fisted fighters that will only come around once in a lifetime. Dude is like an X-men except his power is to have no power

Comment

Bailey or Cuenca

Comment

Originally posted by HtotheZ View Post
                Dude is like an X-men except his power is to have no power
                that's a good one......

if I could choose I would take extraordinary skill over extraordinary power. I fought guys where if the fight was only about power I would have been ktfo in quick fashion. True skill in the ring is priceless but generally you would need some pop in your punches to keep the guys from just walking in on you. If you don't have the pop as in Paulies case you'd better have some slick feet and eyes like a sonar. Fortunately for Paulie he has both........Rockin'

Comment

Mayorga would run through Paulie at WW. Although no skills is obviously a bit harsh.

Comment

ko power but no skills=maidana
                    skills but no ko power=cesar rene cuenca 43-0 with 1 ko
                    no ko power and no skills=paulie malignaggi

Comment

Working...
                    X