Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson vs Nate "The Great" Marquardt at Versus 4!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony "Rumble" Johnson vs Nate "The Great" Marquardt at Versus 4!!

Some damn good match up's being made today. Versus 4 got STACKED REAL FAST!! I first I thought it was going to be Johnson going up to middleweight but really Nate's dropping to welterweight!!! That's crazy as *****. He ain't a small middleweight either, he looks ripped up there.

Damn good fight. I actually got Johnson in this one because Nate's making his first cut. I think Johnson will finish him in the 3rd when Nate gasses out because nobody looks good in their very first cut. It's very rare.

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
    I first I thought it was going to be Johnson going up to middleweight but really Nate's dropping to welterweight!!! That's crazy as *****. He ain't a small middleweight either, he looks ripped up there.
    If I didn't read an article about Marquardt dropping to 170, I would have thought the very same thing.

I always thought Nate was a big Middleweight as well, but he walks around at 195-200 which is very close to GSP's walk around weight. So I don't think the weight cut itself will hurt as much.

It's always a challenge to cut even more weight than you're used to, but I think Johnson's days are numbered at 170. He claims he walks around 225 and has a history of not making weight.

Now he could be a big Middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
      If I didn't read an article about Marquardt dropping to 170, I would have thought the very same thing.

I always thought Nate was a big Middleweight as well, but he walks around at 195-200 which is very close to GSP's walk around weight. So I don't think the weight cut itself will hurt as much.

It's always a challenge to cut even more weight than you're used to, but I think Johnson's days are numbered at 170. He claims he walks around 225 and has a history of not making weight.

Now he could be a big Middleweight.
      Yeah I don't get that at all. The motha****a would be a monster at middleweight and would get a title shot WAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster. Middleweight isn't as well rounded or skills at welterweight which is why I think Nick Diaz and Jake Shields did so well. Most of them are either heavy handed strikers or juijitsu guys. Not many wrestlers which is why it might be my favorite divisions

Maybe hes just mad in love with the size advantage but that ***** might catch up to him like Rickey Hatton towards the end of his career when that weight cutting starts taking a toll and he starts getting KTFO.

Comment

At 185 I would heavily favor Marquardt because Johnson simply is not that good but I am not liking that cut to 170 for him which is the only reason at all I think Anthony might be able to win.

Comment

Working...
        X