Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"He (Mayweather) got pushed into this fight. He really didn't want it" -- Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "He (Mayweather) got pushed into this fight. He really didn't want it" -- Mosley

"He (Mayweather) got pushed into this fight. He really didn't want it" -- Mosley
    January 31, 9:53 AM
    Filipino Sports Examiner
    by Dennis "dSource" Guillermo

After signing on to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 1st, 'Sugar' Shane Mosley didn't waste time to let the world know what he felt about his proposed bout.

In an interview with Elie Seckbach of Fanhouse.com recently, Mosley said,

"I'm ready to do it. I'm ready to go. I'm happy. It's May 1st, it's something that I've been wanting."

Mosley also believes that Mayweather never truly wanted the fight and was simply pressured into taking the Mosley challenge after his superfight against Manny Pacquiao did not materialize.

Mosley added,

"I believe this fight he got pushed into because the Pacquiao fight fell out, so he got pushed into this fight. He really didn't want it."

As much as I love the honesty coming from Mosley, he better watch his mouth for now because Floyd hasn't officially signed the contract yet. It wasn't too long ago that Mayweather "agreed" to fight Pacquiao, only to demand extra stipulations that made the fight against Pacquiao almost impossible to make.

If the fight does indeed push through, I am happy for Mosley because he truly deserves a fight of this magnitude. I actually favor him to win against Floyd if he comes into the ring the way he did against Margarito last year.

Check out the interview below:
    Last edited by Mr. Copycat; 01-31-2010, 07:54 PM.

oh shyet, I bet Floydie is really pissed and probably won't let Ellerbe touch him for quite sometime.

ummmmmmm Floydie must be hesitating to sign the contract.

Comment

Pretty obvious. Fact is Pacquaio had more leverage than Floyd, he had to play this hand to get one up on Pac.

Comment

Shane isn't sounding too good. Slurring quite a bit.

Comment

It don't mater if Floyd was pushed into it or not. Floyd has been pushed into other big fights before. Diego, Castillo twice, Hatton just to mention a few. He always wins & the author of this thread will be the 1st 1 making the excuse thread for Shane after Floyd beats him.

Comment

But the thing is, Mosley should really not be too vocal yet. ****, there is no article anywhere (correct me if I'm wrong) that says Pbf already signed this. Mosley should wait until then. Pbf may not sign this if he gets pissed off. tsk tsk tsk.

Comment

When is Mayweather signing the contract? I'm having my reservation if the fight will push through.

At least they already have a verbal agreement, let us wait until next week if the fight gets finalize.

Comment

Shane believing and riding off this is going to get him the worst beating of his career, in a technical fashion.

Comment

Considering the world knows May was trying to make a fight with Pacquiao, Mosley isn't saying much here, he is Plan B, yes the boxing world already knows that.

Comment

Floyd is a fighter. Bring on Mosley

Comment

Working...
                    X