Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy Morrison vs James Buster Douglas who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Morrison vs James Buster Douglas who wins?

Back in the early 90's how would of this fight went?

would not have last long ... Douglas by KO3

Comment

Both very hot & cold fighters. It dosen't go the distance, and may feature knockdowns on both ends, but the Douglas of the Tyson fight, comes away with the W.

Comment

Morrison by KO. Douglas rarely showed up to fight.

Comment

Best vs best?

Buster Douglas would KO Morrison in the opening round.

Comment

Douglas was the joke, Morrison by nasty left hook KO !

Comment

in his other fights Douglas would show the flashes of brilliance that he showed vs Tyson for the most part he would be lazy in a fight. But if both on there best night i think Douglas outboxes Morrison and stops him in 6-8

Comment

Morrison was more consistent despite giving us some highlight reel knockouts at his expense.

But the Douglas that showed up against Tyson would have cracked Morrison's chin in the 1st. Any other version of Douglas would have been a good fight, but Morrison would came out on top.

I just can't see Morrison beating the same Buster Douglas that not only stood his ground against Tyson, but knocked out him out.

Douglas 1st Round KO over "the Duke."

Comment

Douglas has become bizarrely overrated by way too many people for fighting a great fight on one night. You can't say "If Douglas was at his best" because that fight was the only time he ever fought half that good and he caught Tyson in strange form and seemingly out of it.

Douglas would have probably lost 95% of the time. Apart from that brief run of good wins he had including the Tyson fight, he lost to guys, by KO all the time, that Morrison would have had no trouble with. The only way Douglas wins is by fluke KO, similar to how Michael Bent beat him.

Really though, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Douglas was no that good a fighter and even at his very best, such as against Tyson, would have been beaten by many, many fighters.

You often hear that ridiculous thing of "The night he fought Tsyon, Douglas was an ATG and would have beaten nearly anyone in history!" Give me a break! That's absurd. He made a million mistakes that a mentally shot Tyson couldn't capitalise on apart from once and then couldn't follow up on. Holyfield showed what Douglas was. A good fighter that got lucky but didn't belong with the champions. Douglas came in against Tucker in brilliant shape and to me, looked quicker, sharper and leaner against him that against Tyson and yet just couldn't beat him. He looked no different than against Tsyon at all.

I'm not saying Morrison was great either, but he was better than Douglas and would have beaten him nearly every time. That counter left hook of Morrison's would have caught Douglas early being lazy, because he threw a lot of lazy punches that were easily countered, and probably put him out. The one punch that Douglas threw every single fight was an uppercut from way too far out and was easily countered. Morrison did have a very good, quick, counter left hook and that would have been perfect to land against that shot from Douglas.
                  Last edited by BennyST; 11-06-2010, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Morrison wins

Comment

Working...
                    X