Roach: Chavez wants to move to 168 after two fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach: Chavez wants to move to 168 after two fights

FightHubTV Fight Hub TV
    freddie roach, said chavez jr is going to move up to super middle after 2 fights he thinks. still can make weight, but its a tough cut.
    https://twitter.com/#!/FightHubTV

The question is.... will the WBC create a new belt for Ward or Chavez Jr.

Comment

guess Ward will be getting the "Diamond Belt" soon

Comment

FightHubTV Fight Hub TV
        ok spoke to bob arum, he doesnt want jr to fight martinez. he wants margarito and then martinez for jr.

FightHubTV Fight Hub TV
        i asked him why as fans want martinez for jr, and he said that he cant just throw jr to the wolves yet. he has to grow as a fighter.

Comment

I'll pick Margarito over Chavez jr even despite Margarito's eye condition.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            FightHubTV Fight Hub TV
            ok spoke to bob arum, he doesnt want jr to fight martinez. he wants margarito and then martinez for jr.

FightHubTV Fight Hub TV
            i asked him why as fans want martinez for jr, and he said that he cant just throw jr to the wolves yet. he has to grow as a fighter.
            I think most fans won't have any issues with that statement if Jr did't have Belt

usually having a belt indicates your willingness to fight anyone in your division

Comment

Margarito, after being beaten down by Mosley, was look at as past his prime. After being beaten down by Pacquiao, he was looked at as done. After being beat down by Cotto, he's now looked at as deceased basically.

So.....Antonio is basically becoming the guy to take beating aftet beating for Top Rank.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                Margarito, after being beaten down by Mosley, was look at as past his prime. After being beaten down by Pacquiao, he was looked at as done. After being beat down by Cotto, he's now looked at as deceased basically.

So.....Antonio is basically becoming the guy to take beating aftet beating for Top Rank.
                Yeah, he's basically the whipping boy, the stepping stone for everyone to get back on track with. I'm hoping Margarito disrupts the system and somehow pulls out the victory. But, his eye is gonna swell up so easily, it's gonna be almost impossible to win.

Comment

serg should spark out rito. he should have been gunning for him just to get in the discussion wit TR about TR's triumvirate of pacquiao/cotto/rito.

Comment

Originally posted by hogwash View Post
                    guess Ward will be getting the "Diamond Belt" soon
                    yeah, probably

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
                    I'll pick Margarito over Chavez jr even despite Margarito's eye condition.
                    no, i don't see margarito being successful anymore against a decent fighter that will have a gameplan written up for him. malignaggi could stop margs now cause of that vulnerable eye.

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
                    serg should spark out rito. he should have been gunning for him just to get in the discussion wit TR about TR's triumvirate of pacquiao/cotto/rito.
                    no way arum let's margs fight martinez, that'll ruin his plan for chavez/margarito. it' wouldn't have happened, arum had this planned all along.

Comment

Working...
                    X