Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez Makes No Excuses, Apologizes For Failed Test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanging out with Jon Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      I have no idea. It's not like dude smoked a spliff in his dressing room before the fight. It's a medication and should be treated as such.

I think it's dumb, like the NFL suspending Ricky Williams for a season over it. NFL doesn't even test for steroids, but they test for weed. Fuk outta here lol
      You can't take a lot of medication, even some OTC sh^t, before a fight. Don't forget Tony Thompson got popped over some high blood pressure medicine. And Luis Ortiz claimed he was on high blood pressure medicine too although that mighta been more questionable with his history.

They consider most rec drugs PEDs in competition. Like weed for example can relax you & help minimize pain. But out of competition its usually not been as big of a deal in these sorta random tests & like I said many leagues DON'T even test for it out of competition in the first place. Thats the most surprising thing to me here is that they even tested him for cocaine.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        You can't take a lot of medication, even some OTC sh^t, before a fight.

They consider most rec drugs PEDs in competition. Like weed for example can relax you & help minimize pain. But out of competition its usually not been as big of a deal in these sorta random tests & like I said many leagues DON'T even test for it out of competition in the first place. Thats the most surprising thing to me here is that they even tested him for cocaine.
        Fair, I remember a few years ago the NHL came out and was like "we have a bit of a problem, seems like 1/3 of the players who have been tested this year have tested positive for cocaine" It didn't even get reported until the number became big, because it wasn't something that was being tested for.

And I don't know if you want to be that relaxed in a boxing match. Last thing you want to do is second guess things and get inside your own head.

Comment

Chi Chi get the yayo...��

Comment

Wasn't that in competition doe? Mike Tyson got a suspension + his Golota KO turned into a NC over weed too, but again it was in competition.

I think that matters. And to me they shouldn't even be testing for rec drugs out of competition. Most leagues don't do that.
            Most league will suspend you for a couple games. If ut becomes a habbit you'll be banned. A few NBA players have been banned from the league back in the 80s when everyone was caught doin coke. All-Stars Micheal Ray Richardson abd Roy Tarpley come to mind.

Comment

Fair, I remember a few years ago the NHL came out and was like "we have a bit of a problem, seems like 1/3 of the players who have been tested this year have tested positive for cocaine" It didn't even get reported until the number became big, because it wasn't something that was being tested for.
              LMFAO. Hadn't heard that. Thats a lot of mfers coked up.

And I don't know if you want to be that relaxed in a boxing match. Last thing you want to do is second guess things and get inside your own head.
              I think it being good for pain is the bigger "enhancement", but I think they are suggesting a guy who's nervous in general or for a big fight might benefit from weed too. Thats what I've read anyway cuz I was curious what the performance enhancement they were seeing for weed. And lotsa BJJ guys seem to feel weed improves their rolling (basically the sparring equivalent for BJJ guys if you haven't heard that term before).

I think a lot of it depends if you are using indica or sativa too. Sativa gives you a more head high & you can be active on it. Indica will leave your ass on the couch watching Gilligans Island for 12hrs & ordering Taco Bell from PostMates 5 times.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                Most league will suspend you for a couple games. If ut becomes a habbit you'll be banned. A few NBA players have been banned from the league back in the 80s when everyone was caught doin coke. All-Stars Micheal Ray Richardson abd Roy Tarpley come to mind.
                guys were doing lines on the bench in the 80's though

Comment

guys were doing lines on the bench in the 80's though
                  That was the 70s lol. Hell some players used to bring guns with them out on the bench.

Comment

LMFAO. Hadn't heard that. Thats a lot of mfers coked up.

I think it being good for pain is the bigger "enhancement", but I think they are suggesting a guy who's nervous in general or for a big fight might benefit from weed too. Thats what I've read anyway cuz I was curious what the performance enhancement they were seeing for weed. And lotsa BJJ guys seem to feel weed improves their rolling (basically the sparring equivalent for BJJ guys if you haven't heard that term before).

I think a lot of it depends if you are using indica or sativa too. Sativa gives you a more head high & you can be active on it. Indica will leave your ass on the couch watching Gilligans Island for 12hrs & ordering Taco Bell from PostMates 5 times.
                    I'm more of an Indica guy, Sativas would find me thinking too much, which is awful in the ring. As far as the pain management, I dunno. When adrenaline is pumping in the ring, the blows don't really hurt per say...you feel them, but the pain is after the bout.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                      That was the 70s lol. Hell some players used to bring guns with them out on the bench.
                      thought the 70's was when guys were popping greenies in the clubhouse haha

Comment

Working...
                      X