Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Punch Stats: GGG landed more power punches to Canelo's head, and dominated jabs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    Golovkin won. Both fights in my eyes. You're both going to get reamed in this thread though.
    Haha, it's starting...

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      with all due respect, the bruised skin is a sign of effective aggression and clean punching, a point you seem to forget.

No vlad, the number of punches thrown is not a scoring criteria. Ring generalship, effective aggression, clean punching, defense.

I'm fine if you disagree with the judges. You just need to make your argument in the areas above otherwise you are not using the same scoring system the judges are REQUIRED to use by rule.

Can't use your own personal scoring system dude.
      Ggg landed 100+ clean jabs to Canelos face and he didnt mark up. He had a cut but I don't even remember what punch caused it or if it was a clash of heads.

Some guys just bruise and cut more than others. I don't think facial Mark's should hold any weight in scoring a fight at all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        with all due respect, the bruised skin is a sign of effective aggression and clean punching, a point you seem to forget.

No vlad, the number of punches thrown is not a scoring criteria. Ring generalship, effective aggression, clean punching, defense.

I'm fine if you disagree with the judges. You just need to make your argument in the areas above otherwise you are not using the same scoring system the judges are REQUIRED to use by rule.

Can't use your own personal scoring system dude.
        So when GGG landed shots above Canelo's ears, or forehead, and had Canelo's brain shake all over in his skull, that is less damaging than bruising skin? Really Dunn?

GGG landed the cleaner punches, GGG threw more punches, GGG kept and upped his pace throughout the fight while Canelo slowed down.

Can't call Canelo's body shots effective if Canelo was the one who slowed down from only 6 body shots from GGG, now can you?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Ggg landed 100+ clean jabs to Canelos face and he didnt mark up. He had a cut but I don't even remember what punch caused it or if it was a clash of heads.

Some guys just bruise and cut more than others. I don't think facial Mark's should hold any weight in scoring a fight at all.
          And yet look at all of those Canelo's dickriders new sigs and avatars..

Comment

Gggs jabs were JABS,canelo outlanded him by 27 power shots,& by 40 body shots, almost all of them as cleanly as can be. Are you really surprised that "runner g"(according to Sanchez' criteria he ran) didn't mark up big reds face nearly as much as his own?

Comment

C- troll thread.

Comment

Read what I wrote-the bruises are a sign of clean punching and effective aggression-2 scoring criteria for judges. I agree with your point some guys bruise more than others and marks in and of themselves are not scorable.

when trying to weigh effective aggression and clean punches, cuts, blood, lumps, bruises help with that determination.

From a defensive perspective it could also lead the judges to assume you are getting hit and thus are not doing well defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                  And yet look at all of those Canelo's dickriders new sigs and avatars..
                  Sorry we can't all be trump dīkriders like yourself with photoshopped images instead.

Comment

Canelo battered him and landed more hurtful punches.

Comment

I've watched the fight 3 times. Once sober and 2 times completely hammered. GGG deserved to win that fight. He outboxed and outworked a younger Canelo and hit him consistently with better punches and combinations. When Floyd used the jab to beat Pac it was a masterpiece. When GGG uses the jab to beat Canelo twice it's just a jab.

Comment

Working...
                      X