No announcement yet.

Reports are Anthony Johnson is turning down the $50 mil plus offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
    PBC, umm what? This is SHOWTIME Boxing. This is going to PPV. You know the guys that were paying Mayweather ridiculous amounts for fights against Robert Guerrero and Marcos Maidana?

Hearn had the questions he wants about the 50 million answered weeks ago, the question now is location.

"Eddie Hearn says Al Haymon HAS answered his questions regarding the $50m offer for Anthony Joshua v Deontay Wilder and the next move in negotiations is for Joshua to decide if he wants the fight in Las Vegas (pursue Wilder's offer) or in the UK (counter-offer). "

You're calling everyone else stupid, but you're like a good 3 weeks behind the news.
    Showtime have no OFFICIAL Contract with AJ or Wilder. Hearn could make this fight in the UK then it would be a Sky Sports Box Office Fight and simply start a bidding war for the US TV Rights, DAZN, HBO and Showtime...

Comment

Personally I would love to see Wilder go to the UK and knock Anthony Johnson out in front of 90k people.

But Johnson turning down this money and Eddie taking his slow sweet time to send a counter offer doesn't give me hope the fight is happening next

Comment

One thing people need to realise about Joshua, and a big reason despite being a Brit why I can't really get behind him is that he is a part of "the machine". Anthony Joshua is not just a product of Eddie Hearn and his trainer. Joshua has had money poured into him and been molded for years now. The UK pretty much "invested" in him in the same way they would invest in a landmark or tourist attraction. He is built to generate money for the UK. They will not risk it. It's a big part of why Fury was such a big deal, he basically cost them millions by winning a fight he wasn't supposed to win and delayed the trajectory for a while although in the end it worked out for them. Joshua may or may not mean what he says so may want it. Hearn also, however more powerful people than them will definitely not want the AJ boat overturned.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
          I wonder if he'll make Harden shave the beard. That can't be legal!
          It'll be Hardens debut and he'll still have t fight in Wembley

Comment

He won't fight Wilder in Alabama and I don't blame him. AJ is the cash cow with most of the belts and he is the A side for sure. He can make huge money in the UK without Wilder. If Wilder really wants to fight AJ he will have to fight him in the UK. That is just the way it is so you might as well get used to it. Wilder fights him in the UK or he never fights him.

Comment

I was just watching a video where Eddie says "AJ won't be swayed by an extra 10-15 million Euro" LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO.

Ridiculous!!!

Comment

Yeah, it was in the telegraph yesterday.
                https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2...der-us-insist/

Joshua has been offered a baseline of $50m (£37m) to face Wilder in America by the WBC champion's team, but Hearn insisted: "AJ’s not really swayed by an extra £10m or £15m. He’d rather do the fight over here in front of his fans.......

That has changed given the huge popularity of the British heavyweight. "AJ will have to take a pay cut to fight in the UK and I don’t think he’s that bothered. The offer that they made, if that was open to a UK fight, we would have signed immediately. But obviously, they want to pay the money to get AJ to Wilder’s back yard. At the moment we’re all still talking and communication continues. But there is a feeling from our camp this undisputed fight should be in the UK.

"Rob who is trainer, manager and an ex-fighter, knows the advantage of being at home. AJ genuinely loves fighting in the UK. He knows there has never been an undisputed fight before, he was the first unification fight in Britain in the heavyweight division. So to do an undisputed heavyweight unification fight in the UK, would be historic. But whether Wilder’s team feel the same, like I said, those talks are ongoing. But that’s the general feeling from AJ and Rob."
                It makes sense from their side, but it's not fair to Wilder. Why should he risk going to UK?

Comment

Pure malpractice on the part of Eddie Hearn on the behalf of his "client". Who works for who again? This is nothing more than the Hearns being frozen out of the promotion and not liking it. And for him to make an idiotic statement "likes whats another 10 to 15 million pounds"? Its another 10 to 15 mil pounds!!!!!. Just stupid if Joshua walks away. Biggest duck ever!

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                    Anthony Johnson?
                    Lol well spotted

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
                      Showtime have no OFFICIAL Contract with AJ or Wilder. Hearn could make this fight in the UK then it would be a Sky Sports Box Office Fight and simply start a bidding war for the US TV Rights, DAZN, HBO and Showtime...
                      And...?

It would still generate significantly less than a US fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X