Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You want to get to know the real GGG? GGG as you've never seen him before.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow he came off as a real *******.... It's harder for him in the media but he doesn't want to answer any question not about the jab, hook or uppercut? Maybe that's why it's harder.

it is a shame he's being portrayed in a way he feels doesn't represent him though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      I see you found something for your taste in this interview.

I help you out a bit and translate the relevant parts for you and explain the context about GGG's answer, same as he said "Ward too much" in the Ellie Seckbach interview. Too much, meaning, stop it already, its too much. GGG doesnt want to talk or hear about Ward. GGG literally said Ward is dead to him as a man.

Got it? GGG just said he doesnt want to talk about Ward, and yet the interviewer brings up Ward again, saying, you didnt really understand/listen to me before.
      I totally understood it. GGG asked the interviewer to name an American fighter. The interviewer said Ward. GGG said he doesn't want to talk about Ward. It's to much for him. And that's not the only interview he's refused to say anything about Ward. In another interview when a question about Ward came up GGG had his PR team write a prepared statement. Ward told him to stop using his name for promotion and like a Good boy GGG agreed.

Comment

I see you found something for your taste in this interview.

I help you out a bit and translate the relevant parts for you and explain the context about GGG's answer, same as he said "Ward too much" in the Ellie Seckbach interview. Too much, meaning, stop it already, its too much. GGG doesnt want to talk or hear about Ward. GGG literally said Ward is dead to him as a man.

- Вопрос по боксу. Может быть, развеете очередной миф. Андре Уорд Вам реально предлагал провести бой или это только его разговоры?

- Я не хочу об этом человеке вообще разговаривать. Не хочу вообще ничего говорить...

- Question boxing. Maybe dispel another myth. Andre Ward You really offered to fight him or is it just talk?

I do not want this man to speak at all. I do not want to say anything at all...

Just a couple questions later:

- Поймите, Флойд - это национальный проект. Вот вы мне сейчас назовите еще хоть одного американца.

- Разве Андре Уорд не американец?

- Уорд... То есть вы понимаете, мне тяжелее. Как всем.

- Understand Floyd - a national project. Here you still call me now at least one American.

- Is not American Andre Ward?

- Ward ... That is, you understand me harder. As everyone.

Got it? GGG just said he doesnt want to talk about Ward, and yet the interviewer brings up Ward again, saying, you didnt really understand/listen to me before.
        The sekhbach interview was a full year before he said Ward was dead to him and he didn't want to talk about him anymore. You can try and spin your shit but i see right through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          I totally understood it. GGG asked the interviewer to name an American fighter. The interviewer said Ward. GGG said he doesn't want to talk about Ward. It's to much for him. And that's not the only interview he's refused to say anything about Ward. In another interview when a question about Ward came up GGG had his PR team write a prepared statement. Ward told him to stop using his name for promotion and like a Good boy GGG agreed.
          You got most of that right, #respect. Well - who used who for promotion when one guy is fighting on Bet in half empty arenas while the other sells out the biggest venues in the US and now even in the UK is of course debatable. But you know, everyone has an opinion, if you truly believe so, godspeed.

This thread is supposed to be decent though. Would be nice for once.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            The sekhbach interview was a full year before he said Ward was dead to him and he didn't want to talk about him anymore. You can try and spin your shit but i see right through it.
            You should now realize when GGG tells a reporter "its too much, he means its just enough with your stupid questions". You better don't keep asking him about Ward when GGG was training for Daniel Geale and had full focus on Geale.
            That interview was 2 weeks before the Geale fight.

Also GGG agreed to fight Ward before already, in 2013.

Sorry to crush your dreams. Life goes on.

Comment

You should now realize when GGG tells a reporter "its too much, he means its just enough with your stupid questions". You better don't keep asking him about Ward when GGG was training for Daniel Geale and had full focus on Geale.
              That interview was 2 weeks before the Geale fight.

According to an interview from Russia. How come they never mentioned it before or since? I'll tell you why, it's lies.

Proven liars.

Comment

Can you clarify that for me? The timeline? The breakdown? The confirmation from Ward or someone from HBO? I've heard that numerous times but never seen anything outside of Loeffler saying it. But I do know in December of 2013 both Sanchez and GGG were saying Ward is to much for GGG right now.

Here is radioraheem asking Sanchez about fighting Ward. Sanchez said it's unfair to ask GGG to move up to fight Ward because GGG hasn't conquered his division. https://youtu.be/U0ugadMjM9k?t=7m20s

Here's him asking GGG if he wants to fight Ward in 2014
                https://youtu.be/U0ugadMjM9k?t=5m22s GGG says his focus is 160

Comment

Yes, this is pretty insightful and I believe I have seen this translation before here at NSB, but thanks anyway, OP. People just have an image of the guy an go along with it, which is in essence - a sign of ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    Yes, this is pretty insightful and I believe I have seen this translation before here at NSB, but thanks anyway, OP. People just have an image of the guy an go along with it, which is in essence - a sign of ignorance.
                    I've said for the longest HBO should stop with the good boy this my present crap. He'd be much scarier if he spoke his language. His English accent is too goofy

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      I've said for the longest HBO should stop with the good boy this my present crap. He'd be much scarier if he spoke his language. His English accent is too goofy
                      He should do interviews like Provodnikov does 'em

Comment

Working...
                      X