Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's only one real loser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jabs only count depending on who is throwing it. Great fight last night. Impressed by Saul coming forward and pressing. Impressed by two great chins. Golovkin started slow again and it cost him in the judges eyes. Not sure why he thought he could wait it out again. That was dumb on his part. Hes in Vegas against the house fighter. Im sure the plan was to let him gas, which he did, but in doing so took some significant punches himself. I had G up as did most people where I was at. A quiet Canelo crowd. G Dominated the second half as Canelo gassed and he also took a couple early rounds. I understand his frustration at not getting the w, but he should not have walked out like that. *****ass move on his part. Both guys took something out of eachother last night. I doubt a third fight happens. GB will insist it be in Vegas and I dont see Golovkin taking that disadvantage again. Its a shame that the rules change depending on who is fighting though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
      The only loser is boxing.
      Great point irish bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
        Basically this..

GGG hardly threw anything meaningful in that fight apart from a few combinations in 1 or 2 later rounds..

You cannot win a fight by JABBING!!
        Tell that to Winky Wright. Floyd Mayweather. Tons of their fans insisted many times they won fights with their jabs.

Comment

Many of GGG’s jabs snapped Canelo’s head back more than Canelo’s power punches snapped GGG’s...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Golovkin only won rounds because of the jab, same in the first. Power punches outweigh the jab, as they should.
            So fu ck the jab is what you're saying Robbie? Are you even a boxig fan??

Comment

I count clean jabs but those pitty pat jabs that often get picked off on the gloves or don't land clean I don't really count. There are a lot of guys that do a great job of rolling with these punches and making them completely ineffective.

I'd say body punching is the real loser, for every clean jab ggg landed, Canelo was pounding him with liver shots.

ggg may have out-landed Canelo in head shots but the more damaging blows were hands down from Canelo. Canelo's facial damage was minimal at best.

Comment

HBO is basically boxing for ******s. This is the second big fight were a fighter with a primary jab got robbed.

The first being Vargas v Broner, Vargas beat Broner with just a jab that night but we got the

"MUH power shots" meme.

Comment

I will only say this, no two jabs are necessaryily the same. I’m not a total hater of Compubox as some. It should never be used as a determining who won a fight but it does give a general impression. One of its limitations is the impact of punches. In the Canelo fight I thought Golovins jab was far superior not just in volume but in quality. Some of those jabs were better than what I saw with Canelo’s powershot.

One day I’ll try and watch the fight again. It was a great fight. Thought Golovkin won IMO. Had it 8-4 I believe but could see 7-5. Not sure about 6-6 and confident I didn’t see Canelo winning 7 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                    So fu ck the jab is what you're saying Robbie? Are you even a boxig fan??
                    Did i say that idiot? Power punches outweight the jab in scoring criteria. This is how it's always been and always will. 2 power punches are worth more than 3 jabs. The power punches are doing more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
                      Tell that to Winky Wright. Floyd Mayweather. Tons of their fans insisted many times they won fights with their jabs.
                      Because they dominated the round with it. Landing many jabs and rarely getting hit. Golovkin didn't he was trading jabs for power punches. FFS you ******s have no damn common sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X