Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes top American fighters superior to top UK fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
    Yeah England is tiny compared to the US so you'd be more fair to compare Europe vs the US. It's like a continent more than a country. The UK is a small island. Surpassing odds and probability. That been said UK fighters are more prone to adopting the European amateur upright style. The US has much more variety and nuanced boxing styles, those old school elements have been passed on, much more slick and seasoned. This is my humble opinion. But look at Carl froch you can't just say the UK guys are chinny. Fury goes down maybe but he's the only guy to not get knocked out by wilder. Look what happened to brezeale. You have a few slick UK boxers mainly out of the ingle gym but they don't really consistently succeed at world level ie Prince nas, Kell brook. But they've done well and Johnny Nelson. Lennox Lewis is an ATG. Degale did good on the road. Just no good welterwights atm. I wana see plant vs smith
    Naz didn't consistently succeed at world level? He won 16 world title fights and beat a big list of good fighters or better. Just because he lost to a great doesn't mean he didn't beat quality fighters, because he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodvenger View Post
      There's more dominant US fighters then I can name, I can't name them all so I picked a few, quit your b1ching.

Bruno lost to Tyson
      Brook lost to Spence
      Joshua would have most likely lost to Wilder.

That's why I picked those examples.
      You don't have any dominant fighters in the US. They all fight bums so that doesn't mean anything. Give me a call when they fight someone of substance or stop running like cowards and ducking left right and centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodvenger View Post
        Lennox was Canadian and had a North American Coach.
        British born and raised actually.

So Pacquiao is North American now or something because his trainer is American in Freddie Roach?

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
          Nobody is proud of their boxing if it amounts to them being dropped hard in the 12th.
          So any fighter that gets dropped or knocked out should be cast aside or something?

Don't embarrass yourself with silly comments. There are far too many idiots on this site as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
            You don't have any dominant fighters in the US. They all fight bums so that doesn't mean anything. Give me a call when they fight someone of substance or stop running like cowards and ducking left right and centre.
            Spence beat Brooks ass and Wilder destroys Joshua. Stfu fool.

British born and raised actually.

So Pacquiao is North American now or something because his trainer is American in Freddie Roach?
            Lennox is Jamaican you dumb ass and he is more Canadian than British. PAC is 100% Filipino.

Comment

Brits lack heart. They treat bravery as something that gets you hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                I doubt you have Boxed, then. Not anything meaninful, anyway.

And if you think Boxing is tough, try MMA.

Training TKD at the local McDojo where you can buy your belts and knockdown 8 year olds might make you feel confident. But faced against a true knockout artist, that would dissipate like your e-cig's acai-bery-twisted-cherry flavor vape out of the window of your tricked out Civic.
                Well my statement was directed at Robbie who was of course bragging his Brit Fury by giving as little info by saying “outboxed” hoping it would come across like he gave a beating. When u outbox a guy all night and it doesnt amount to enough damage to stop the guy from planting you in the 12th? Fury can’t be too proud of that and he wasent. Fury didn’t get any knockdowns, but Wilder got two in the rare moments he “outboxed” Fury. So the two best scoring moments were Wilders. Wilder can crack and I think he’s underrated. I had Fury winning, and expected he would have to get up to win at sum point. Getting past Wilder period is something just like planting the slickest hw is something. Outboxing is nobody’s preferred way to win, but it made sense cause look what happened regardless. My point is all that work was worth more on paper than in damage. I was also replying to a guy that thinks Wilder can’t box worth a lick... yet the single worst defensive lapses came from Fury. I still love Fury. As far all the vape, tkd, civics, stuff I don’t know if that was directed at me personally? I know all contact sports are tough. Brutal way to make a living, and respect mma too, those guys have it extra tough. I love this sport, it’s seriously one of the things that glues parts of my family together. Sorry for the long winded speech, but at least there’s sum context to it now. Also I hope u get to drive a NA mugen civic.

Comment

So any fighter that gets dropped or knocked out should be cast aside or something?

Don't embarrass yourself with silly comments. There are far too many idiots on this site as it is.
                  Well I replied to someone else on this page explaining the context. I know we have supported each others posts before, so I don’t think I need to be called and idiot. I certainly didnt say any fighter who is dropped or Kod should be dismissed, if I did then yeah that would show a true lack of knowledge or experience of even just watching boxing. I know Cribb, Molineaux, Bill Richmond, I had the book tracing all the fighters way back, Jim Belcher etc. U have to understand to who I was replying to, and what he was commenting on. The goal of outboxing a guy all night is not to leave him enough that u get dropped hard in the 12th. It doesnt reflect well on the punishment u were able to land while doing all that winning. Wilder can crack and I think he lands hard on anyone a few times. But Remember I was countering a Robbie B. comment in this context, u know how he is, someone who says Wilder can’t box a lick. So even Fury isn’t so smug about his outboxing wilder cause he got planted twice in the rare moments he wasent and it cost him the win. I think he should have got the nod myself. But bragging and saying Fury outboxed Wilder doesn’t tell the whole story and I was countering that comment with more info. That’s all.

Comment

Americans just feel superior to everybody in all walks of life. It's the biggest problem anybody has with an American. They just a bit too arrogant but they don't even notice it cuz they are a bit too arrogant to see it.

So obviously it will also include sports too. And Americans would deny this of course but again, it's because they are just a bit too arrogant to notice.

You ask a man to score himself out of 100 and an American will add 10 to the score just for being American. They just feel a little superior.
                    Last edited by DaNeutral.; 07-18-2019, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X