Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earl Spence's party lifestyle/weight gaining between fights is catching up.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earl Spence's party lifestyle/weight gaining between fights is catching up.

Good morning all of you 'YDKSAB' folks (about 92% of my fellow posters).

What we seen happening last night/tonight is Earl Spence's bad lifestyle when out of camp catching up with him. He is naturally too big for Welterweight, and the cut showed in the mid-late rounds. The same thing happened with 1hourRun 's favourite fighter Ricky Hatton. No man is invincible, and Spence is handicapping himself and cutting time off his prime with his lifestyle.

Logically speaking, he probably shouldn't fight at Welterweight ever again. Won't surprise me to see him boiling down again to 147 though. He looked as beatable as I've ever seen him tonight/last night. And Porter didn't do anything extraordinary, we all knew (me and the other 8% who know their chit) what Porter was going to bring.

It's sad because Earl has gone from being a potential top 4-5 P4P fighter, to looking like his days as an undefeated fighter are numbered. He needs to start taking it seriously in and out of camp, and should seriously consider the move to 154. If he has another long layoff, hanging at other fighters' events like a sloppy drunk, he is going to lose emphatically very soon.

It may be too late already.

Originally posted by W1LL View Post

What we seen happening last night/tonight is Earl Spence's bad lifestyle when out of camp catching up with him. He is naturally too big for Welterweight, and the cut showed in the mid-late rounds. The same thing happened with 1hourRun 's favourite fighter Ricky Hatton. No man is invincible, and Spence is handicapping himself and cutting time off his prime with his lifestyle.

Logically speaking, he probably shouldn't fight at Welterweight ever again. Won't surprise me to see him boiling down again to 147 though. He looked as beatable as I've ever seen him tonight/last night. And Porter didn't do anything extraordinary, we all knew (me and the other 8% who know their chit) what Porter was going to bring.

It's sad because Earl has gone from being a potential top 4-5 P4P fighter, to looking like his days as an undefeated fighter are numbered. He needs to start taking it seriously in and out of camp, and should seriously consider the move to 154. If he has another long layoff, hanging at other fighters' events like a sloppy drunk, he is going to lose emphatically very soon.

who did you score the fight to?

Comment

In the 12 round, Spence was literally pushing SHAWN PORTER off of him to create space and throw punches. Spence is not a perfect fighter, but conditioning's not one of his weaknesses. As far as what he does outside of the ring, I'm not going to pretend I know him better than I do to create a narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by The Problem View Post
        who did you score the fight to?
        I had Spence winning a 7-5, 8-4 type scenario. I was impressed with Porter's workrate and constant pressure, and I could see a closer score than mine. Like if someone said the knockdown was the difference. I think a Draw would be harsh on Earl, and you'd have to live in fantasy land to score it for Porter. How about you?

Comment

I know he balloons between fights
          Now his drinking was something that has been mentioned many times but never from a trainer or someone associated with him , at least I’ve never read or seen anything
          You really believe that is his downfall
          I just thought he had no answers for Porter’s style
          No footwork or head movement
          He looked very stationary and very hittable

Comment

I had Spence winning a 7-5, 8-4 type scenario. I was impressed with Porter's workrate and constant pressure, and I could see a closer score than mine. Like if someone said the knockdown was the difference. I think a Draw would be harsh on Earl, and you'd have to live in fantasy land to score it for Porter. How about you?
            That sounds right to me
            Thought the scorecards were a little to wide but at least they got the right guy winning the fight

Comment

ah okay fair.

I had porter winning by 1 round, but I missed a couple rounds due to streaming issues.

Comment

Spence dropped Porter late and won the championship rounds!

Comment

Spence was had more stamina down the stretch. Thought that was obvious. So is porters lifestyle worse?

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
                    Spence dropped Porter late and won the championship rounds!
                    Bingo!!! Porter was the one gassed not Spence

Comment

Working...
                    X