Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macbook Pro: 8gb RAM and 512 SSD vs 16gb of Ram 256 SSD, Which Do You Recommend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    I've always owned PC's, and never gave a second thought to Apple until fairly recently.

However, when you're buying Apple computers its not just the specs as some of you rightfully said, you're actually buying the whole package, and entering a dedicated ecosystem that works in tandem with all of its products. I have the Iphone which I am on more than my computer, and it integrates perfectly with a mac regarding music library, text messaging, calls, pictures, etc...

Also say what you want about apple but the build on these computers are substantially better than a typical PC. Not to say you cannot spec out a PC to be more powerful, but pound for pound from the aluminum frame to the retina display to its OS system Macs are a fantastic all around computer.
    There is no changing someone’s mind once they want a Mac. If you did your homework and still want to go with the Mac then go for it. But I just can’t see how someone can honestly do that unless they don’t prioritize specs. If you want a computer for basic uses then it’s fine to go with a Mac and its basic (but overpriced) specs.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Any serious tech will tell you RAM is absolutely the most important component for a speedy computer.

RAM has many uses and it’s the CPU’s main tag team partner.
      You guys are probably general consumers, or TRY to read the context of what the OP is asking.

He wants to buy a NEW Mac. Whatever it is, a new Mac or PC, as I said, THE STANDARD BASE RAM MHz is more than enough horse power (and default) for any said new CPU. That’s why I said “stock” (base), and no need to buy extra MHz boost speeds sold buy gamer gullibility.

I’ve seen hundreds of dorks on YouTube complain memory speeds to differentiate this stupid FPS difference of about “10-20.” Only IDIOTS think there’s a difference in 110fps vs 125fps.

You guys have no idea that the gamer market, including manufacturers that sell monitors, use all commercial marketing gimmicks to sucker refresh rates against each other. There are TVs and Montiors that can double rate even for games not made for high refresh rate.

You guys complaining about stupid shet. Who cares if I offended some of you gamers. But memory speeds tests for people buying new elite computers is a waste of time and money. Stock speeds are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
        You guys are probably general consumers, or TRY to read the context of what the OP is asking.

He wants to buy a NEW Mac. Whatever it is, a new Mac or PC, as I said, THE STANDARD BASE RAM MHz is more than enough horse power (and default) for any said new CPU. That’s why I said “stock” (base), and no need to buy extra MHz boost speeds sold buy gamer gullibility.

I’ve seen hundreds of dorks on YouTube complain memory speeds to differentiate this stupid FPS difference of about “10-20.” Only IDIOTS think there’s a difference in 110fps vs 125fps.

You guys have no idea that the gamer market, including manufacturers that sell monitors, use all commercial marketing gimmicks to sucker refresh rates against each other. There are TVs and Montiors that can double rate even for games not made for high refresh rate.

You guys complaining about stupid shet. Who cares if I offended some of you gamers. But memory speeds tests for people buying new elite computers is a waste of time and money. Stock speeds are fine.
        You’re assuming you’re speaking to “gamers”? How do you know what people do for a living?

I have a BS in IS (completed in December) CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+ certified, and CCNA certified. Those certs aren’t a big deal, they are kind of must-have’s for any IT employee. I’m not just some gamer but yeah, i’ve built 3 gaming PC’s and I know from experience how important RAM is.

RAM is absolutely needed to run software smoothly. That means your OS and every other software you want to download. If you don’t have enough memory, your computer will be sluggish. That’s basic knowledge that you learn in like computer science introductory courses. More memory = smoother computer.

Go read the book CompTIA A+ Exam Guide by Mike Meyers. It’s on amazon kindle and Hardcover for like $30 bucks. It’s one of the best IT/CS books out there. It’s worth a read, you should go educate yourself a bit more on memory. Make sure you read Chapter 4: RAM, carefully. He goes into a lot of details about RAM, like a ridiculous amount of details. It’s an excellent book. I read chapter 4 a dozen times and still don’t know everything about it because there’s just details there that you really don’t absolutely need to know as an IT professional, unless you’re an IT architect or computer engineer which i’m neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
          Lol. What a child... you got offended being the gamer? As if the OP was being sold DDR2 or products from the 80’s. Read what you said, you sound like a hurt little gamer. Go turn on your TV, play some games, wait for your mom to yell that dinner is ready.
          You got outed you dumbass poser. Stfu next time when you obviously dksa computers. I work unlike your welfare ass. I can't help that I can build a pc and dumbasses like yourself buy those **** Wal-Mart pc's when tax time comes around from claiming all the kids us taxpayers pay for year round.

Comment

You’re assuming you’re speaking to “gamers”? How do you know what people do for a living?

I have a BS in IS (completed in December) CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+ certified, and CCNA certified. Those certs aren’t a big deal, they are kind of must-have’s for any IT employee. I’m not just some gamer but yeah, i’ve built 3 gaming PC’s and I know from experience how important RAM is.

RAM is absolutely needed to run software smoothly. That means your OS and every other software you want to download. If you don’t have enough memory, your computer will be sluggish. That’s basic knowledge that you learn in like computer science introductory courses. More memory = smoother computer.

Go read the book CompTIA A+ Exam Guide by Mike Meyers. It’s on amazon kindle and Hardcover for like $30 bucks. It’s one of the best IT/CS books out there. It’s worth a read, you should go educate yourself a bit more on memory. Make sure you read Chapter 4: RAM, carefully. He goes into a lot of details about RAM, like a ridiculous amount of details. It’s an excellent book. I read chapter 4 a dozen times and still don’t know everything about it because there’s just details there that you really don’t absolutely need to know as an IT professional, unless you’re an IT architect or computer engineer which i’m neither.
            That moron is clearly dumb as **** when it comes to computers.

Comment

There is no changing someone’s mind once they want a Mac. If you did your homework and still want to go with the Mac then go for it. But I just can’t see how someone can honestly do that unless they don’t prioritize specs. If you want a computer for basic uses then it’s fine to go with a Mac and its basic (but overpriced) specs.
              I’ve gone through generations of the HP Zbook since the G2. The reason why they are solid and go-to mobile workstations is because of airflow when CPU’s overheat (throttle) and are lovely silent systems. Only until recently has Apple amped their game with silence for all their systems, not just the pro series. So Mac’s approach versus all competitors is their standards also include airflow, silence versus old school Mac Pros.

Also Final Cut Pro and Logic, theres certain proprietary software and 3rd party contractors that specifically run smoothly on Apple systems. I get what you’re saying, but my perspective is from the pro world, and in the last 2 years Apple has really upped their game. It’s not about pimping a laptop to a $8K machine or whatever versus an Apple. I like Apple motherboards. Lots of whistleblowing over the years to expose their parts, and since 2017 they really good, so I got not complaints with them, solid machines, and I’m also still an HP Z workstation user for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                You got outed you dumbass poser. Stfu next time when you obviously dksa computers. I work unlike your welfare ass. I can't help that I can build a pc and dumbasses like yourself buy those **** Wal-Mart pc's when tax time comes around from claiming all the kids us taxpayers pay for year round.
                Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                That moron is clearly dumb as **** when it comes to computers.
                Don’t feel salty. Go play your video games and benchmark memory speeds. Lol

Comment

imagine being that much of a dork that u argue about pc specs on a boxing forum whilst trying to show off ur credentials

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
                    imagine being that much of a dork that u argue about pc specs on a boxing forum whilst trying to show off ur credentials
                    lol. And we hear it with boxing nerds acting like fighters are figurines. And this is a sub section of non related boxing. As if blue collar and white collar readers are lacing up their boxing shoes going to work or while reading these posts that there’s this purity for non stop boxing talk...

Comment

In the end this isn’t a discussion between a Mac or PC it’s about 8GB ram and 512 SSD or 16GB ram and 256 SSD. With that said what do you recommend for a user who doesn’t really game but is a big multi tasker with several background apps open. This in regards to the next 5-8 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X