Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-12-2020, 09:05 PM #21
Contender

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
wlad1111 is a glorious beacon of lightwlad1111 is a glorious beacon of lightwlad1111 is a glorious beacon of lightwlad1111 is a glorious beacon of lightwlad1111 is a glorious beacon of light
Bank: 1,432.04
Total Points: 11,110.71

Quote:
Originally Posted by siablo14 View Post
Blue - Oh. So you a believer. It makes sense. You easily believe things without evidence and you certainly love to fill in the gaps.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
are you surprised? that avatar tells you everything you need to know
wlad1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:06 PM #22
Up and Comer

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
LacingTheGloves is a jewel in the roughLacingTheGloves is a jewel in the roughLacingTheGloves is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 1,355.59
Total Points: 9,702.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
We aren't creatures of pure logic, like robots. Religion acknowledges our spiritual dimension and tries to tend to it.

It does my heart good to see a major boxing figure like Lomachenko not be afraid to express his religious convictions. Maybe the kids coming up who look up to him won't be afraid to stand for the goodness of their particular religions, even if they aren't of the Orthodox faith like he is.
I never said we are creatures of pure logic. The problem is, you can still be deeply spiritual and not believe in a god. Iím assuming the god you are referring to is the Christian one.

There isnít a single moral action that can be taken by a religious person that a non-religious person canít do.
LacingTheGloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:21 PM #23
North America Runs Boxing

Quoted: 15414 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 339,987.31
Total Points: 427,798.90
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacingTheGloves View Post
I never said we are creatures of pure logic. The problem is, you can still be deeply spiritual and not believe in a god. I’m assuming the god you are referring to is the Christian one.

There isn’t a single moral action that can be taken by a religious person that a non-religious person can’t do.
Religious people are guided by their religion. Non-religious people are guided by what?

The god I'm referring to isn't necessarily the Christian one. All the world's great religions have their own conception of god, but in general they are all fundamentally for doing good or engaging in right action.
ShoulderRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:28 PM #24
Heavy Costume

Quoted: 2359 Post(s)
jreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 34,805.78
Total Points: 35,454.61
good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang For being one helluva poster - Chief2ndzOnly! chi town info - al capone You're one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Tomasz Adamek: brave ring warrior - Freedom. 
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang just because :kiss: - Bossy For a good treasured friend - jazluvr quik payup gratzie! - `STEELHEAD 49ers/Saints. thanks for your payment, have a beer on me...cheers! - jose830 
Cheers!  Here's to hopefully a great night of boxing! - UglyPug u deserve it - WeEatinBaby ATG poster - sugarsmosley lol atg poster - Mike D Thanks for the stream! - mathed 
Thank you, Happy holidays to you and all those close as well. - TBear Happy Holidays - BOXEO _ For good luck in all your affairs - jazluvr lol I keep trying to send you points but it keeps sending 11.00 - -jose- Happy holidays! - jazluvr 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Tunney! 
Head and Neck Cancer - -Kevin- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr 

Quote:
Religious people are guided by their religion. Non-religious people are guided by what?

The god I'm referring to isn't necessarily the Christian one. All the world's great religions have their own conception of god, but in general they are all fundamentally for doing good or engaging in right action.
You're being silly bro. Non-religious people do plenty of good because they realize this world is all they have to do good in and because they want to be good people.

You can't classify non-believers into some lawless, reckless group when there is plenty of evidence they are just as good/bad as anyone else.

As far as Loma goes, I see nothing wrong with him stating what he believes and expressing his opinion. He should know some won't like it. Some will.
jreckoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:29 PM #25
Boxing fan since 1985

Quoted: 3111 Post(s)
turnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,460.90
Total Points: 52,189.12
great sig quote. - LoadedWraps for being a cool dude - Sugar Booger Great poster. - UTEP Thanks for the green bro - jas No Message - mathed 
No Message - mathed First Rate Poster - ironmt Merry Christmas - TBear Miguel Cotto appreciates that post. - Santa_ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
don't have Hulu but sounds really interesting, shame i cannot watch it
You should be able to see it free with ads or YouTube
turnedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:29 PM #26
Up and Comer

LacingTheGloves is a jewel in the roughLacingTheGloves is a jewel in the roughLacingTheGloves is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Huh? We are guided by socialization. To have solidarity with one another. This is why sensible people fear nationalism, bigotry and racism. I donít mean SJW types either that claim any criticism of anyone who isnít white is somehow racist.

Everyone should have solidarity to each other no matter where you come from. You donít get that from anywhere, itís innate. Hence why you see children very young spontaneously trying to comfort a sad parent.

You donít have to learn this. Religion merely provides another barrier between people when they become fanatical.

You disagree with Trans people right? Me too. Why? 0 evidence. No facts. Same with religion. Iím just more consistent and apply that to religion as well.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:10 PM #27

ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreckoning View Post
You're being silly bro. Non-religious people do plenty of good because they realize this world is all they have to do good in and because they want to be good people.

You can't classify non-believers into some lawless, reckless group when there is plenty of evidence they are just as good/bad as anyone else.

As far as Loma goes, I see nothing wrong with him stating what he believes and expressing his opinion. He should know some won't like it. Some will.
It seems to me that religion demands more discipline when it comes to doing good and acting right in the world.

I have no issue with non-religious people who choose to do good as well.

My problem lies with those who pick and choose when to be moral, depending on how it fits their desires and interests at the time.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:13 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacingTheGloves View Post
Huh? We are guided by socialization. To have solidarity with one another. This is why sensible people fear nationalism, bigotry and racism. I donít mean SJW types either that claim any criticism of anyone who isnít white is somehow racist.

Everyone should have solidarity to each other no matter where you come from. You donít get that from anywhere, itís innate. Hence why you see children very young spontaneously trying to comfort a sad parent.

You donít have to learn this. Religion merely provides another barrier between people when they become fanatical.

You disagree with Trans people right? Me too. Why? 0 evidence. No facts. Same with religion. Iím just more consistent and apply that to religion as well.
Here you have the religious Lomachenko saying we are all children of the same God and shouldn't be fighting. Is that not the same as solidarity?

In his case religion isn't a barrier between people. It's causing him to try to reach out and bring people together.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:20 PM #29
Up and Comer

Quote:
Here you have the religious Lomachenko saying we are all children of the same God and shouldn't be fighting. Is that not the same as solidarity?

In his case religion isn't a barrier between people. It's causing him to try to reach out and bring people together.
If thatís as far as it ever went that would be fine. Thatís what Iím saying too - if thatís true, thatís fine. However, facts and evidence need to be valued above all else. So if heís never taking it that far, thatís good. Except it doesnít for most people on this planet. The clashes between sunni and Shia have caused endless misery.

Christians vs muslims in Indonesia and Catholics vs Protestants in Northern Ireland. Are just a few examples

Religion only comes to us in this peaceful manner now because itís been effectively castrated in the west leaving it no actual power.

Letís not forget how Christianity in particular behaved when it really did believe god was on its side and it did have power.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:37 PM #30
Kingslayer

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
SCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,475.55
Total Points: 19,230.36
cheers. - chiguy91 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

People just looking for something to be upset about in a video. Loma wants peace with Russia (and other nations) and some fanatics are upset, yeah, moving on...
SCEN3RY is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends