No announcement yet.

Lomachenko officially became a religious fanatic. Ukraine fans are raged

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Blue - Oh. So you a believer. It makes sense. You easily believe things without evidence and you certainly love to fill in the gaps.
    are you surprised? that avatar tells you everything you need to know

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      We aren't creatures of pure logic, like robots. Religion acknowledges our spiritual dimension and tries to tend to it.

It does my heart good to see a major boxing figure like Lomachenko not be afraid to express his religious convictions. Maybe the kids coming up who look up to him won't be afraid to stand for the goodness of their particular religions, even if they aren't of the Orthodox faith like he is.
      I never said we are creatures of pure logic. The problem is, you can still be deeply spiritual and not believe in a god. I’m assuming the god you are referring to is the Christian one.

There isn’t a single moral action that can be taken by a religious person that a non-religious person can’t do.

Comment

Originally posted by LacingTheGloves View Post
        I never said we are creatures of pure logic. The problem is, you can still be deeply spiritual and not believe in a god. I’m assuming the god you are referring to is the Christian one.

There isn’t a single moral action that can be taken by a religious person that a non-religious person can’t do.
        Religious people are guided by their religion. Non-religious people are guided by what?

The god I'm referring to isn't necessarily the Christian one. All the world's great religions have their own conception of god, but in general they are all fundamentally for doing good or engaging in right action.

Comment

Religious people are guided by their religion. Non-religious people are guided by what?

The god I'm referring to isn't necessarily the Christian one. All the world's great religions have their own conception of god, but in general they are all fundamentally for doing good or engaging in right action.
          You're being silly bro. Non-religious people do plenty of good because they realize this world is all they have to do good in and because they want to be good people.

You can't classify non-believers into some lawless, reckless group when there is plenty of evidence they are just as good/bad as anyone else.

As far as Loma goes, I see nothing wrong with him stating what he believes and expressing his opinion. He should know some won't like it. Some will.

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
            don't have Hulu but sounds really interesting, shame i cannot watch it
            You should be able to see it free with ads or YouTube

Comment

Huh? We are guided by socialization. To have solidarity with one another. This is why sensible people fear nationalism, bigotry and racism. I don’t mean SJW types either that claim any criticism of anyone who isn’t white is somehow racist.

Everyone should have solidarity to each other no matter where you come from. You don’t get that from anywhere, it’s innate. Hence why you see children very young spontaneously trying to comfort a sad parent.

You don’t have to learn this. Religion merely provides another barrier between people when they become fanatical.

You disagree with Trans people right? Me too. Why? 0 evidence. No facts. Same with religion. I’m just more consistent and apply that to religion as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                You're being silly bro. Non-religious people do plenty of good because they realize this world is all they have to do good in and because they want to be good people.

You can't classify non-believers into some lawless, reckless group when there is plenty of evidence they are just as good/bad as anyone else.

As far as Loma goes, I see nothing wrong with him stating what he believes and expressing his opinion. He should know some won't like it. Some will.
                It seems to me that religion demands more discipline when it comes to doing good and acting right in the world.

I have no issue with non-religious people who choose to do good as well.

My problem lies with those who pick and choose when to be moral, depending on how it fits their desires and interests at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by LacingTheGloves View Post
                  Huh? We are guided by socialization. To have solidarity with one another. This is why sensible people fear nationalism, bigotry and racism. I don’t mean SJW types either that claim any criticism of anyone who isn’t white is somehow racist.

Everyone should have solidarity to each other no matter where you come from. You don’t get that from anywhere, it’s innate. Hence why you see children very young spontaneously trying to comfort a sad parent.

You don’t have to learn this. Religion merely provides another barrier between people when they become fanatical.

You disagree with Trans people right? Me too. Why? 0 evidence. No facts. Same with religion. I’m just more consistent and apply that to religion as well.
                  Here you have the religious Lomachenko saying we are all children of the same God and shouldn't be fighting. Is that not the same as solidarity?

In his case religion isn't a barrier between people. It's causing him to try to reach out and bring people together.

Comment

Here you have the religious Lomachenko saying we are all children of the same God and shouldn't be fighting. Is that not the same as solidarity?

In his case religion isn't a barrier between people. It's causing him to try to reach out and bring people together.
                    If that’s as far as it ever went that would be fine. That’s what I’m saying too - if that’s true, that’s fine. However, facts and evidence need to be valued above all else. So if he’s never taking it that far, that’s good. Except it doesn’t for most people on this planet. The clashes between sunni and Shia have caused endless misery.

Christians vs muslims in Indonesia and Catholics vs Protestants in Northern Ireland. Are just a few examples

Religion only comes to us in this peaceful manner now because it’s been effectively castrated in the west leaving it no actual power.

Let’s not forget how Christianity in particular behaved when it really did believe god was on its side and it did have power.

Comment

People just looking for something to be upset about in a video. Loma wants peace with Russia (and other nations) and some fanatics are upset, yeah, moving on...

Comment

Working...
                      X