Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes I believe in God and the afterlife 22 55.00%
No I don't believe in God and the afterlife 13 32.50%
I'm not sure; undecided 5 12.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2020, 08:21 AM #51
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 10434 Post(s)
GGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 103,816.39
Total Points: 122,687.03
:beerchug: - -jose- Keep up the good posts, brother... - anthonydavid11 Smart man - Thraxox One of the good posters here - 1bad65 Great post as usual, Glove Mf'in Kang! - Tony Trick-Pony 
You are the man, without question - Tony Trick-Pony For unquestionably punkin' Chollo Vista bitch ass. - Bobby Deez Andy Ruiz,baby! - travestyny Thanks for all the laughs, bruvva! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Anorak View Post
See, I know you're just trying to be condescending, but "a little slower with fewer words".... I can read as slowly as I want to. It's writing on a screen, you daft cunt.

I'm sorry that I clearly wasn't able to grasp the subtle nuances and complexities of your post, it clearly went over my head. But just as a tip.... don't try and put down someone else's vocabulary in a post where you type "SMH".
For one, there were no subtle nuances. It was very clear, plain language. For another, it wasn't your vocabulary I was "putting down", but rather your lack of reading comprehension, which your response to said "put down" clearly demonstrates.

You've asked a question, and I answer it. You latched on to a parenthetical word to try to twist my point, which I corrected. Now, you've insulted me. For what?
GGG Gloveking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:11 AM #52
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1029 Post(s)
Split Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,223.23
Total Points: 44,543.61
Suck my c0ck - denium lol - SuperHanz lol - SuperHanz lol - SuperHanz Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony Kill yourself f4gg0t - denium Lick my nuts, f4gg0t. - denium Your mams a slag - denium Lick my nuts, f4gg0t - denium 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
For one, there were no subtle nuances. It was very clear, plain language. For another, it wasn't your vocabulary I was "putting down", but rather your lack of reading comprehension, which your response to said "put down" clearly demonstrates.

You've asked a question, and I answer it. You latched on to a parenthetical word to try to twist my point, which I corrected. Now, you've insulted me. For what?
ur always angry all the time lmao
Split Decision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:17 AM #53
Undisputed Champion

GGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond repute
:beerchug: - -jose- Keep up the good posts, brother... - anthonydavid11 Smart man - Thraxox One of the good posters here - 1bad65 Great post as usual, Glove Mf'in Kang! - Tony Trick-Pony 
You are the man, without question - Tony Trick-Pony For unquestionably punkin' Chollo Vista bitch ass. - Bobby Deez Andy Ruiz,baby! - travestyny Thanks for all the laughs, bruvva! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Decision View Post
ur always angry all the time lmao
LMAO!
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:28 AM #54
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4362 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,922.00
Total Points: 202,469.41
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 
Default Here is a novel idea:

Why do we have to have a belief stamped upon us? I mean most of us, God be willing (pardon the pun), will not pass away as an infant... We are, through whatever process exists, gifted with a host of experiences that should allow us to come to an understanding regarding this question.

I spent some formative time living in a Buddhist Monastery and the issue of God never came up. this was because, apparently when trying to live a life where impermanence, desire for permanence, grasping/attaching oneself to things to bring us salvation, were issues...the issue of God was not important.

Think about this situation Carefully...It is certainly not an insult to God... its just that when a group of individuals, faced with how to deal with being thrust into a world with certain conditions, needing to get along, to gain a measure of peace and balance...God becomes a remote part of the immanence of this world. Instead of "faith," the operative term in Buddhist Sangha was "Practice."

My own feeling at this point is that the Most High reveals itself to me as a spiritual presence. But it cannot be the reason for my actions... Like the Buddha rallied against, and I agree, YOU CANNOT HELP THAT OLD LADY ACROSS THE STREET FOR GOD'S CURRENCY! It has to be a sincere desire to see better for all living things and the suffering they must deal with.

This world is a place to do penance. It is not a nice place...We are probably here because we did something off kilter. Does not mean that we are spiritually forsaken IMO, just that we have work to do. Part of that work to me? is exploring what I believe, which could change tomorrow I suppose.

With that said on the specific issue of God:

1) Belief in God has not generally been a force that makes us better individuals, at least not as an isolated variable. Never the less when it does make better people, more power to them!

2) There are no atheists in foxholes...The human mind does not comprehend eternity very well... It is often a type of macho posturing to claim to be an Atheist, understand that we are a simple, exstinguishing entity and that is it. If one truly comes to this understanding, then more power to them as well as the believer in God.

3) I believe most of us, whether we know it, or not, are Agnostics. And truth be told? Taking a position on God's existence will not, today, change the conditions under which I operate...So why not let life teach me, educate me about spirituality and a higher power?
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 12:13 PM #55
AKA Bologna Panini

Quoted: 728 Post(s)
The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,490.34
Total Points: 36,046.97
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank "god"...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 why do you have "Isla del Encanta" in your location? - -jose- 
Merry Christmas! - Amazinger 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
To be fair, I don't believe anyone was trying to convince you of anything.
It was simply an opinion shared, meant in no way to be apologetic.
I purposely didnt quote anyone.
Just explaining the way i see things.

The computer analogy is a common one, but i think its flawed.
Quote:
Personally, I think it's a bit foolish to debate the existence of God, certainly on a boxing forum. It's a personal choice that need not be argued nor persuaded.
Not that there isn't a place for apologetics and discussion, some are called to specifically that.
I just wouldn't think there are any words, analogies, or illustrations, on this platform that would convince anyone of such a profound, life altering belief. It's generally an event, action, or intense experience that shapes such beliefs. There's no logical, "Oh now I get it" explanation.
Believe or don't, it's totally up to you. There is no debate.
I think the TS's original intent was just to see how many do and how many don't, by way of a poll.
I know i am fascinated by discussing reasons for or against beliefs.
I think its almost impossible for a discussion not to break out. But people obviously want to debate these issues.
Quote:
"Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again."
ďIn the morning sow your seed, and in the evening withold not your hands, for you know not which shall prosper whether this or that, or whether both alike will be goodĒ
I tried reading that bible quote and it got me thinking how difficult it is to understand the word of God.
Is there a version that is translated into plain English?
The Noose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:12 PM #56
Interim Champion

Quoted: 407 Post(s)
CauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 174,075.74
Total Points: 186,793.70
Cheers, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony Loma Ruins Lives - Tony Trick-Pony Stay cool, my brother - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks, bro! - Tony Trick-Pony No Message - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noose View Post
Quote:
"Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again."
“In the morning sow your seed, and in the evening withold not your hands, for you know not which shall prosper whether this or that, or whether both alike will be good”

I tried reading that bible quote and it got me thinking how difficult it is to understand the word of God.
Is there a version that is translated into plain English?
I like to use the Amplified Version and The Living Bible for more plain English. Of course there are Commentaries and Study Guides/Exegesis to dig deeper.
Those verses are from Ecclesiastes 11. They get used to illustrate different principles. From an evangelical standpoint, we can sow seed or "cast our bread upon the waters".
Basically, we can share truths from the Bible, Godly principles, Words of Wisdom, whatever, and we may never know exactly what was fruitful or took root. Ya just throw it out there, and whoever eats it, eats it. It's not my responsibility to make him eat. Of course genuine interest is always received.
It's a lot like the parable of the Sower and the Seed.
The farmer in this parable planted seeds in four different types of soil. Only one of the soils produced a good crop. Jesus explained that the soils represented people’s hearts. When the word of God is planted in a fertile heart then good things will be produced in the life of that person.

In Ecclesiastes 11, He was describing an investment that will come back to us particularly in troubled times therefore we are not to withhold giving of ourselves, our gifts, talents and resources.

Another saying we have: "Some sow, some water, and some harvest - ultimately it's God who gives the increase"

Ya know what I mean bruh ?

Last edited by CauliflowerEars; 01-10-2020 at 05:14 PM.
CauliflowerEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:45 PM #57
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4362 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,922.00
Total Points: 202,469.41
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
LMAO!
You sir... Are an angry white male!!!!
sorry could not resist.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:02 PM #58
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
sweetpea87 has a reputation beyond reputesweetpea87 has a reputation beyond reputesweetpea87 has a reputation beyond reputesweetpea87 has a reputation beyond reputesweetpea87 has a reputation beyond reputesweetpea87 has a reputation beyond reputesweetpea87 has a reputation beyond reputesweetpea87 has a reputation beyond reputesweetpea87 has a reputation beyond reputesweetpea87 has a reputation beyond reputesweetpea87 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,210.80
Total Points: 55,682.22
Thnx for the shout out on face lounge posters!! U saved the best for last! - the mesiah Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays sweetpea87 - !! AI-Holmes!! Couldn't green k ya, HAPPY NEW YEAR ! - the mesiah 
For the Man! - jazluvr HAIL SWEETPEA87!! - the mesiah To the search for an electronic set!! - the mesiah Good man - jazluvr to us having a beer together.. - the mesiah 
No Message - QuebecSTAR2 Happy Holidays, buddy! - jazluvr THNX for the green! Nth - the mesiah Here's to the 2014 bracket! - the mesiah thanks for the prompt payment - -jose- 
Punk rock tried to kill the metal, but they failed as they were smited to the ground. - Ŗringer Enjoy the fight! - jazluvr Merry Christmas sweetpea87 - TBear Merry Christmas sweetpea87 - TBear happy holidays! - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

I donít believe in a deity, but also since we canít prove exactly what it was that created earth and all that, I still wouldnít say Iím a complete atheist. I believed for a time as a kid when my mom used to make me go to church, but I remember being middle school age and starting to not believe in it anymore.
sweetpea87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:59 PM #59
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
You sir... Are an angry white male!!!!
sorry could not resist.
I am an angry white male making the middle age transition into a grumpy old man. It's a dangerous mixture
Old 01-10-2020, 08:10 PM #60
this is boxing

Quoted: 7476 Post(s)
-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 88,844.31
Total Points: 146,662.87
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays -Kev- - !! AI-Holmes!! Merry Christmas Kev. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw B-day - -Mustang- mighty parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier 
Kristen Kreuk will jump out of this cake - Jack Napier happy birthday. - Terrel Have a great one - led* Happy New Year sweetheart! - Lorily Lol @ image. - FeFist 
Long Island Iced Tea! - Dorian Parallelogram - Spray_resistant lol - -jose- <3 u bro - sugarsmosley we be cool - jazluvr 
Happy holidays -Kev- - TBear For a bright future ahead! - Mighty_Windir for destroying that butthurt UT Silvermiles - Omowale Tribe Good Luck! - JimRaynor Right back at ya! - JimRaynor 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Dorian Childhood Cancer - Dorian 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea87 View Post
I donít believe in a deity, but also since we canít prove exactly what it was that created earth and all that, I still wouldnít say Iím a complete atheist. I believed for a time as a kid when my mom used to make me go to church, but I remember being middle school age and starting to not believe in it anymore.
And honestly that's normal.

The Bible/belief in god can be compared to the belief in Professional Wrestling in a way. There's a ton of adults that love wrestling, knowing it's scripted, but they also know that the injuries in wrestling can be real, so they still defend wrestling and will argue that sure it's scripted, but it's not exactly "fake" because physical injuries happen by mistake. There are even more kids that love wrestling, and even believe it's real, everything about it. But as these kids grow up, they realize it's all "fake", and they kinda grow out of it and stop watching it.

Some kids feel like they were lied to about god/bible and they learn this themselves through experience and common sense at a variety of ages.

I will say this though, as a non-believer, I think you're life would be better as a believer. But only if you actually behave in good faith at all times, in every situation, and you really do look out for other people no matter what, and want good health, good wealth, and want everyone to live in prosperity. And that is not the life that many believers lead unfortunately, so they are nothing but fakes. A lot of believers, I feel are nothing but fakes and their behavior does not align with what they preach. But no worries, they're not going to hell when they die, they're not going to heaven either, they aren't going any where and they know it...which is why they have so much hatred for other people.
-Kev- is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends