Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes I believe in God and the afterlife 22 55.00%
No I don't believe in God and the afterlife 13 32.50%
I'm not sure; undecided 5 12.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2020, 06:34 PM #41
Love Love Love

Quoted: 2978 Post(s)
!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 132,269.10
Total Points: 163,251.60
No Message - Run No Message - Run No Message - Run No Message - Run No Message - Run 
Hilarious - jas Enjoy some ice cream yeh funny fooker!  Maybe we can fatten yeh up like us yanks too! - Rostov Papa No Message - PorterIsFuture 40mill for Bronerak - PorterIsFuture For entertaining us all - -Weltschmerz- 
ATG Lounge Poster for a Limey Cunt... - Fists_of_Fury You're the tits - -Weltschmerz- pretend it's a man - Freedom. Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- I know we had a little quarrel, but Happy Holidays! No hard feelings :) - KOVALBOXER 
Happy Birthday! - TBear Happy New Year cunt!! All the best for 2016!! - Pretty Boy1 Happy New Year!!! - BOXEO _ It's cool brother.  Respect. - Redd Foxx Learn to take a joke. Phaggot - True-Boxing-Fan 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - TBear Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - TBear Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
I never attacked you, never referenced you, never nuanced even the slightest negativity toward you.
For some reason, you still feel the need to insult me, judge me, criticize me, or poke fun or whatever.
Listen bruh, my English gets WAY worse than that, the longer I speak. If you think my improper use of "illustration" is bad English, you'd probably be ready to jump off a cliff after 1 hour with my family.
We do the best we can, being all uneducated and all. Though if you need a ride, a meal, help after a major accident, we'll also do our best to help you out, if you're genuinely seeking my help.

I don't know what to tell you if you're judging a person's character, intelligence, or stability, simply by the way they use the term, "illustration".
Either that's your practice and you have much to learn, or you're doing exactly what you accused the other guy of...

Tell ya one thing, I'm guessing you wouldn't give a damn what kind of English I used if you were bleeding out on the battle field, and I was the only one around to save you. SMH ---> that means I'm shaking my head like, Mmmm mmm mmmm.
Peace and best wishes for the new year.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

"See, I know you're just trying to be condescending, but..."
Oh, it's okay man, this is what I do.... chat a load of shit, but it's all tongue-in-cheek. I just saw the guy trying to back his views up by saying they were well composed, etc., so.

You sound like a good guy, I was just fucking around, I do it all the time. I didn't mean any harm, and wish you and your family well.

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
!! Anorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:49 PM #42
AKA Bologna Panini

Quoted: 728 Post(s)
The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,490.34
Total Points: 36,046.97
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank "god"...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 why do you have "Isla del Encanta" in your location? - -jose- 
Merry Christmas! - Amazinger 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Comparing the complexity of the universe to man-made technology doesnt convince me of a God personally.

Incredible complexity can arise through very simple processes.
It doesnt have to be created by an intelligent mind.

All organisms are very complex but are they all designed by a God?

It doesnt make sense to me that nature is designed.
Was mass extinctions and cancer part of the design?
The Noose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:12 PM #43
Interim Champion

Quoted: 407 Post(s)
CauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 174,075.74
Total Points: 186,793.70
Cheers, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony Loma Ruins Lives - Tony Trick-Pony Stay cool, my brother - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks, bro! - Tony Trick-Pony No Message - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noose View Post
Comparing the complexity of the universe to man-made technology doesnt convince me of a God personally.
To be fair, I don't believe anyone was trying to convince you of anything.
It was simply an opinion shared, meant in no way to be apologetic.

Personally, I think it's a bit foolish to debate the existence of God, certainly on a boxing forum. It's a personal choice that need not be argued nor persuaded.
Not that there isn't a place for apologetics and discussion, some are called to specifically that.
I just wouldn't think there are any words, analogies, or illustrations, on this platform that would convince anyone of such a profound, life altering belief. It's generally an event, action, or intense experience that shapes such beliefs. There's no logical, "Oh now I get it" explanation.
Believe or don't, it's totally up to you. There is no debate.
I think the TS's original intent was just to see how many do and how many don't, by way of a poll.

"Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again."
ďIn the morning sow your seed, and in the evening withold not your hands, for you know not which shall prosper whether this or that, or whether both alike will be goodĒ
CauliflowerEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:34 PM #44
Successful As HELL !

Quoted: 6069 Post(s)
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 292,597.73
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn "enjoy" - MinuteMaid5 Prescribed - MinuteMaid5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
We haven’t found life and other beings haven’t found us either (that we know of) because space is really that big and we really are just not there yet, with technology, and neither are they.

To put the size of space into perspective, picture this...there’s life in our own oceans that we have not discovered, and who don’t know we exist either...despite that life sharing the same planet as us for 200k years. Yes we have found some life in the oceans, but there’s species we do not know of and they don’t know about us either.

That’s just here on Earth. Now you’re talking about space.

Like Neil DeGrasse Tyson said...saying there’s no life out in space is like taking a cup and taking a scoop of water from the ocean and saying there’s no life in the ocean because you see no life in the cup of water that you scooped up. (paraphrased)
Not so big that life can't be where we can easily spot it. Of course if there's life it's going to be way out there in the twilight zone.

Just so convenient how that works out. Neither us or the aliens have the tech to find each other (unless one believes in UFO's)
Curtis Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:42 PM #45
Successful As HELL !

Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn "enjoy" - MinuteMaid5 Prescribed - MinuteMaid5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Anorak View Post
That's my take, though it sounds like your vote should have been the "not sure" one if htat's the case.
I fully believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins. I'm just giving out an alternate reason for ''believing''.

''No harm, no foul''
Old 01-10-2020, 03:24 AM #46
this is boxing

Quoted: 7476 Post(s)
-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 88,844.31
Total Points: 146,662.87
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays -Kev- - !! AI-Holmes!! Merry Christmas Kev. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw B-day - -Mustang- mighty parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier 
Kristen Kreuk will jump out of this cake - Jack Napier happy birthday. - Terrel Have a great one - led* Happy New Year sweetheart! - Lorily Lol @ image. - FeFist 
Long Island Iced Tea! - Dorian Parallelogram - Spray_resistant lol - -jose- <3 u bro - sugarsmosley we be cool - jazluvr 
Happy holidays -Kev- - TBear For a bright future ahead! - Mighty_Windir for destroying that butthurt UT Silvermiles - Omowale Tribe Good Luck! - JimRaynor Right back at ya! - JimRaynor 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Dorian Childhood Cancer - Dorian 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Harper View Post
Not so big that life can't be where we can easily spot it. Of course if there's life it's going to be way out there in the twilight zone.

Just so convenient how that works out. Neither us or the aliens have the tech to find each other (unless one believes in UFO's)
Itís not convenient at all, itís the truth. Humans donít know how big space is. I donít know either. I imagine itís bigger than I can ever dream of. Iím a microbe in space.

Itís not hard to grasp that the technology needed to travel into deep space, in extreme speed, for extremely long periods of time, hasnít yet been invented by any intelligent life in space. The laws of physics apply to the whole universe. So just because some intelligent beings out there are more advanced than us, doesnít mean they can violate the rules of physics. Traveling at a fraction of the speed of light is still impossible for us and it can be impossible for every other intelligent beings out there. But letís say we make a rocket that can travel 250,000 miles per hour (speed of light is almost 700,000,000 mph), thatís still nothing. Then you have to account for the universal physiology of beings. Are there beings out there that can not only travel close to the speed of light, but also live for thousands or millions of years while traveling? Or are there beings out there that can send drones through space at 700,000,000 miles per hour, keep it functioning through all that mileage, make it avoid space debris, and send it to our planet to scout it?

When you ask yourself why havenít we been found, you have to think about how advanced you have to be to actually accomplish those feats that you are talking about. You have to really think about how brutal space is and how hard it is to travel in space...even from here to the Moon. That manned mission to Mars is a big deal for a reason...thatís gonna be a rough trip. Rough and costly, and dangerous. Thatís just Mars.

I have nothing against any alien civilization out there that hasnít found us and donít have the tech to find us because...well...space travel is really damn hard no matter what specie you are. Living, breathing beings were not built to be up in space. They were built to live in the planet they were formed in and evolved in.
-Kev- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 03:27 AM #47
Successful As HELL !

Quote:
Itís not convenient at all, itís the truth. Humans donít know how big space is. I donít know either. I imagine itís bigger than I can ever dream of. Iím a microbe in space.

Itís not hard to grasp that the technology needed to travel into deep space, in extreme speed, for extremely long periods of time, hasnít yet been invented by any intelligent life in space. The laws of physics apply to the whole universe. So just because some intelligent beings out there are more advanced than us, doesnít mean they can violate the rules of physics. Traveling at a fraction of the speed of light is still impossible for us and it can be impossible for every other intelligent beings out there. But letís say we make a rocket that can travel 250,000 miles per hour (speed of light is almost 700,000,000 mph), thatís still nothing. Then you have to account for the universal physiology of beings. Are there beings out there that can not only travel close to the speed of light, but also live for thousands or millions of years while traveling? Or are there beings out there that can send drones through space at 700,000,000 miles per hour, keep it functioning through all that mileage, make it avoid space debris, and send it to our planet to scout it?

When you ask yourself why havenít we been found, you have to think about how advanced you have to be to actually accomplish those feats that you are talking about. You have to really think about how brutal space is and how hard it is to travel in space...even from here to the Moon. That manned mission to Mars is a big deal for a reason...thatís gonna be a rough trip. Rough and costly, and dangerous. Thatís just Mars.

I have nothing against any alien civilization out there that hasnít found us and donít have the tech to find us because...well...space travel is really damn hard no matter what specie you are. Living, breathing beings were not built to be up in space. They were built to live in the planet they were formed in and evolved in.
Earth is a big place yet we are able to find life that exists miles below in the ocean, where there is no light. We are able to find bacteria but not life within our own galaxy ?

It's convenient AF if you ask me. ET life being everywhere we can go to.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:55 AM #48
this is boxing

-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays -Kev- - !! AI-Holmes!! Merry Christmas Kev. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw B-day - -Mustang- mighty parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier 
Kristen Kreuk will jump out of this cake - Jack Napier happy birthday. - Terrel Have a great one - led* Happy New Year sweetheart! - Lorily Lol @ image. - FeFist 
Long Island Iced Tea! - Dorian Parallelogram - Spray_resistant lol - -jose- <3 u bro - sugarsmosley we be cool - jazluvr 
Happy holidays -Kev- - TBear For a bright future ahead! - Mighty_Windir for destroying that butthurt UT Silvermiles - Omowale Tribe Good Luck! - JimRaynor Right back at ya! - JimRaynor 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Dorian Childhood Cancer - Dorian 

Quote:
Earth is a big place yet we are able to find life that exists miles below in the ocean, where there is no light. We are able to find bacteria but not life within our own galaxy ?

It's convenient AF if you ask me. ET life being everywhere we can go to.
And we havenít found ALL life on Earth. And Earth is no where near as big as space. Not even close. Itís not really something I can argue about honestly.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:05 AM #49
Successful As HELL !

Quote:
And we havenít found ALL life on Earth. And Earth is no where near as big as space. Not even close. Itís not really something I can argue about honestly.
Ever ask why ET life isn't be where we can go ? I mean, what are the odds ?
Old 01-10-2020, 07:39 AM #50
this is boxing

Quote:
Ever ask why ET life isn't be where we can go ? I mean, what are the odds ?
No iíve never wondered that, because a planet has to be in the goldilocks zone in order for it to be habitable. Astronomy 101 is probably the best class I took in college and honestly once you take that class and really apply yourself youíll know what it takes for a planet to sustain life. Earth is the only planet in our solar system that is in the goldilocks zone. There are other planets which in other star systems that we can see are in habitable zones but out telescopes are still limited, we can only observe planetsí light, movement, and orbit but we canít see planets in details like we can see Mars, Venus, Saturn, etc.

Share This With Friends