Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pernell Whitaker has returned.... in the form of Vasyl Lomachenko!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pernell Whitaker has returned.... in the form of Vasyl Lomachenko!

His competition hasn't been amazing in his past 2 but for me, he is current boxer that I feel will be most likely to go down in history as an all-time-great.

He has the best footwork in the game, the best combinations, the best head and upper body movement and is the slickest fighter out as well. Seems to have a good chin too, though the jury is still out until he eats a massive punch.

He can fight more defensively minded like in the GRJ fight, or fight more offensively minded like we saw last night (admittedly against a mediocre, but tough opponent)

Lomachenko is the most talented fighter in boxing currently.

He's better looking than pernell too...and light years ahead of him boxing wise skill for skill...vasyl > pernell

Comment

A little too early to be drinking man

Comment

The Max Kellerman disease is taking over your brain son.

Comment

Lomachenko is like a combination of Chavez Sr.,Hopkins,and Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
            The Max Kellerman disease is taking over your brain son.
            Name another double Olympic medalist that has come into boxing and been this good this quickly? That's right Rigo is the only one, and he is ****ing UNREAL as well. You are ****ing nuts if you don't think Loma is exceptional.

Imagine the guy that was pulling those moves last night had an American flag on his trunks, how would you be talking about him then?

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
              Name another double Olympic medalist that has come into boxing and been this good this quickly? That's right Rigo is the only one, and he is ****ing UNREAL as well. You are ****ing nuts if you don't think Loma is exceptional.

Imagine the guy that was pulling those moves last night had an American flag on his trunks, how would you be talking about him then?
              Never said any of that, but you're comparing a guy with less than 10 fights to Whitaker already.

The guy is clearly an exceptional fighter but I'm not jumping the gun comparing him to Whitaker just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                Never said any of that, but you're comparing a guy with less than 10 fights to Whitaker already.

The guy is clearly an exceptional fighter but I'm not jumping the gun comparing him to Whitaker just yet.
                Fair enough man I get where you're coming from, he's just one humiliating KO from causing me to have to eat another slice of humble pie. I'm just going off the eye test and how insanely slick he looks. Who do you think will be capable of landing a solid punch on him that will shake him?

It looks like he is in control 100% after a round and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
                  His competition hasn't been amazing in his past 2 but for me, he is current boxer that I feel will be most likely to go down in history as an all-time-great.

He has the best footwork in the game, the best combinations, the best head and upper body movement and is the slickest fighter out as well. Seems to have a good chin too, though the jury is still out until he eats a massive punch.

He can fight more defensively minded like in the GRJ fight, or fight more offensively minded like we saw last night (admittedly against a mediocre, but tough opponent)

Lomachenko is the most talented fighter in boxing currently.
                  I wouldn't call the russell fight defensive...he sat down on his punches better. He was a bit more measured in his approach but he didn't have so much wasted upper body movement. I perfer that version of loma over the one we saw last night.

Comment

I think he's a good fighter but would get outboxed by Regal

Comment

Working...
                    X