No announcement yet.

Careers related to boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Careers related to boxing.

just wondering what are some possible careers related to boxing, other than being a boxer.
    just thought of this after reading the post on photography & boxing, really got me thinking about my future.

you can be one of those guys that yells 'HARD WORK! DEDICATION!' in Floyd's gym...i think they get $10.25/hr

Comment

a personal trainer...

lots of fighters are lawyers or have something linked with law

some are cab drivers

to answer ur question not many linked to boxing imo but there other things on the side

Comment

There are commentators, photographers, refs, journalists, commission people, testing people, manufacturers of the various gear related to boxing, and workers in said infrastructure. Attorneys are needed to hammer out contracts and the like... Tv producers and tech guys and camera grips on the network side of things. Then there are the venues.. You could try to get a job in a place like MGM Grand, or Barclays, or Staples Center.. or any of the other places that are heavy on boxing.

Also there are strengths and conditioning coaches and coaches in general, obviously. Just depends what you want to do, but there are a bunch of jobs that at least dabble in the boxing world.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          you can be one of those guys that yells 'HARD WORK! DEDICATION!' in Floyd's gym...i think they get $10.25/hr
          I heard you get terminated on the spot if you accidentally forget to make yourself laugh at one of Floyd's lame jokes, you gotta be on top of your shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
            There are commentators, photographers, refs, journalists, commission people, testing people, manufacturers of the various gear related to boxing, and workers in said infrastructure. Attorneys are needed to hammer out contracts and the like... Tv producers and tech guys and camera grips on the network side of things. Then there are the venues.. You could try to get a job in a place like MGM Grand, or Barclays, or Staples Center.. or any of the other places that are heavy on boxing.

Also there are strengths and conditioning coaches and coaches in general, obviously. Just depends what you want to do, but there are a bunch of jobs that at least dabble in the boxing world.
            Quality post!

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
              just wondering what are some possible careers related to boxing, other than being a boxer.
              just thought of this after reading the post on photography & boxing, really got me thinking about my future.
              Well you have plenty of time. You first have to graduate into high-school and during that period you can make up your mind and perhaps be channeled into subjects relating to what you want to take up.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                i thought i was the worst poster on this site

Comment

get a real job, OP. pursue boxing-related career as a side-hustle or hobby. best of both worlds.

Comment

Are you on the East/West coast? Try getting something at a promotional company — Top Rank, GBP, even a smaller one like Greg Cohen or Main Events might need a hand with some pre-fight planning/marketing.

Comment

Working...
                    X