Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Manager Contacts Hearn, Reacts To 'Publicity Stunt' Claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by younghagler View Post
    You said you were done 6 pages ago.

They said to agree to the offer before they waste their time meeting. It's that simple.

What they're doing is going beyond Hearn because they know he doesn't want a fight and are putting Joshua's heart to the test. He doesn't have to accept it now if he doesn't want to rush and be desperate but he already showed his desperation for $50M in that interview where he said he would accept it in the same day.

When he accepts the offer, they start to work on the contract (venues, gate, etc.).

I know you want to ride for your guy but his bluff is being called and it looks like he'll rather fight someone else.
    Accepts an offer that is non negotiable nor has any actual evidence that it really exists?

If someone was interested in buying your house and they made you an offer. Without actually showing you they had any money would you hand the keys over, move out and have faith they would pay you?

That is basically what the offer is.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      So have they given him $50million?

And what is he supposed to sign?
      Don't act like a contract is some magical f#cking thing. You could write that deal on the back of a stripper joint beer napkin & it'd be binding.

Just f#cking fight you mfing dipsh^ts doe. Joshua wants it. Wilder wants it. F#ck all these other guys with money who can surely pay them what they say they will.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        This is what happens when you say ON CAMERA "Give me fifty million and I'll sign on the spot!"
        Have they given him the contract to sign? So how can he sign?

Comment

No, absolutely not. He sent an offer then invited Wilder's team to come up with a counter offer and arranged a meeting with them so they could do just that.

Hearn wants to sit down and talk to Haymon and Deas about the details of the offer he got from Wilder via email.

Are you really saying a promoter shouldn't want to do that on behalf of the fighter he represents?
          Totally inaccurate. It was a take it or leave it offer. Don't add the stuff Hearn said AFTER the offer was sent and Dibella provided their initial response to the mix.

Dude this isn't a contest or a debate where somebody has to be proven wrong. Thus no need to spin facts.

Check out this article from Ring Magazine which quotes Hearn.

EDDIE HEARN OFFERS DEONTAY WILDER $12.5M TO FIGHT ANTHONY JOSHUA, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT

Comment

What you are saying here is correct. And what Hearn is saying is that he wants to know the details of the deal before AJ says that he is going to accept it.

If you were any kind of business man, that is exactly the response you would give to somebody who sent you nothing but the bare bones of a deal via email.

And if you were any kind of a business man looking to do real business, you would not be asking somebody to accept the bare bones of an offer before you show them the details. You would be doing exactly what you said should happen in your comment - negotiating with the person you want to do the deal with.
            I get you but wether you agree or not, this is a case of one guy (Finkel) wanting to do a deal and another guy (Hearn) having zero interest in it, simply looking for where to say "aha! This is what I don't like, I'm out."

All Finkel is saying is accept the $50m then we can have a sit down and talk further rather than we wasting precious time having fruitless discussions were your mind was made up from the get go.

In the real world, this is like wanting to know if your services are even needed before stressing over other details. Happens all the time, infact that is how most start off. You can't spend your whole year writing up detailed 15 page proposals to companies simply because they said "tell us more".

When you see a guy who isn't interested, you should know. Hearn isn't interested, he is more shocked that they will have the money. Talking about "strong chance of the fight happening". Smh!

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              Time to sit down and chop this up, no more excuses
              Exactly. This has been the most annoying, social media driven negotiation that I can remember. Get it done!

Comment

• Why would you show where the funds come from. There is an offer for 50 million. Agree to the offer. I’ve worked for various companies and all presented me with an offer prior to a contract being signed. What did Eddie Hearn send Wilder, an Offer or 12.5 million. This offer is backed by Al Haymon, who has presented 9 figure offers to Mayweather, McGregor, and Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Falkano View Post
                  Accepts an offer that is non negotiable nor has any actual evidence that it really exists?

If someone was interested in buying your house and they made you an offer. Without actually showing you they had any money would you hand the keys over, move out and have faith they would pay you?

That is basically what the offer is.
                  Come on, y'all can't be this dumb.

Your analogy is all twisted up.

Right now, Anthony is the homeowner. He's been on and off the fence about actually selling his house for over a year. Deontay has desperately shown dedication in purchasing this home with Anthony and his team telling him to buy other homes, only take half the home, etc. **** like that.

Anthony goes on record and says he really would like to sell Deontay the home and if he has $50M for him, he sells the home the same exact day. A week later, after all the run around Deontay offers him $50M for the home and gives him a day to accept it. After he accepts it, they can sit down the very next day and meet, go over the details and draw up the contracts. After that the home is sold and the keys are relinquished.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    LOL right. I dig Hearn, but all this bs he does with Joshua is offputting & extra to what he usually does. Just do the same damn sh^t you do everywhere else with other guys with Joshua. He keeps trying to get cute with this Joshua sh^t doe.

Just make the f#cking fight Mr Daddy's Favorite Promoter.
                    In his mind, why make 50 fighting Wilder when I can make 60 fighting Whyte or Pulev and Miller. I get it. I would go that route too. He can't sell that to the fans though.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      So he's saying accept the offer and then we'll reveal where the funds come from?

How difficult is it to just show where the funds are from, have a written guarantee and then have a meeting?
                      Why would that even matter? Idc if hitlers giving me 50 mil I’ll still take it

Comment

Working...
                      X