No announcement yet.

Question about Weight Advantage.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
    One of the first ever amateur fight nights I went to with my gym I witnessed a big, mobile, fast, hard hitting 240+ 6'6"+ amateur get clobbered by a guy that was 6'1 or 6'2 and no more than 210 lbs. He looked slim for a super heavyweight.

That's why you'll hardly ever see me arguing for fighter a to beat fighter b based on size.
    At heavyweight the bets are always off

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
      He never stood right in front of me for very long. Every time I thought I was getting the edge on him he'd come out the next round with a new trick.

I saw him pretty much spar everyone. Even a 152 lbr I was sparring with for some time. He made him look bad needless to say.
      I had a guy like that, much smaller than me. Funny thing was, he let me do well sparring him the first time, sparred me the second time and I had a lot of trouble finding the target. This was a long time ago, back when I first started, over ten years ago. We sparred each other the very first time and I knocked him down with a jab to his stomach, caught him at the perfect time or something, it felt like a water balloon. I didn't mean to **** him over like that, but he couldnt even recover. , second time we sparred he gimme the business. But like you said, not much power, but he clearly outpointed the **** outta me. In the same gym, I had been sparring their top heavyweight who was a smaller pressure fighter who always looked for the left hook. Luckily he never hit me in the head with it. I could avoid that guy, but the middleweight moved much differently - kinda like Bivol, he popped in and out and really exploited my misses.

He was 160lbs. I was about 260 at the time. His eyes had a lot of scar tissue around them. I remember he told me he was turning pro and moving to Texas. had some old laced up black gloves, old.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Someone with fast hands, who is accurate and has decent power is a VERY dangerous opponent.
        extremely.............

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          extremely.............
          Which is exactly why I wouldn't want to run into you in a dark alley.

Comment

Which is exactly why I wouldn't want to run into you in a dark alley.
            I'm actually a very nice person, even been called docile. But I wouldn't want to run in to me (back when I was fighting) in a dark alley either. You'd have to throw the first fist though, then we be rollin'. Otherwise we'd just walk past each other and I'd say "hey man...." as I'm passing by.

But now I'm the one shot guy since my stroke. I got one shot to drop you on your ass or I could very well end up toast. But the one shot I have will be a sweet one.

Thanks for the good words.

Comment

I'm actually a very nice person, even been called docile. But I wouldn't want to run in to me (back when I was fighting) in a dark alley either. You'd have to throw the first fist though, then we be rollin'. Otherwise we'd just walk past each other and I'd say "hey man...." as I'm passing by.

But now I'm the one shot guy since my stroke. I got one shot to drop you on your ass or I could very well end up toast. But the one shot I have will be a sweet one.

Thanks for the good words.
              I would try to use one shot for most, but for Anorak I would want the beating to be slow and enjoyfull

Comment

I would try to use one shot for most, but for Anorak I would want the beating to be slow and enjoyfull
                with a smile, I 2nd that notion!!

Comment

with a smile, I 2nd that notion!!
                  And a double beating for Anorak is better. These two are for him.

Comment

And a double beating for Anorak is better. These two are for him.
                    LMAO!! Can you throw good left hooks and jabs?

Comment

LMAO!! Can you throw good left hooks and jabs?
                      To give Anorak a good beating I would.

Comment

Working...
                      X