Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shawn Porter DUCKING Errol Spence! "NOT MY GOAL, HE GOTTA WAIT"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not his goal to become champion. He's okay with the WBC Silver title.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
      Again. Try to make sense bro. Follow the dialogue. I know it's hard, but try XD

Spence can callout / fight Canelo and Golovkin at 160, but he can't fight PPV star Miguel Cotto for $2.5 million at 154. Instead he opts to fight some nobody in the WW division and earn $1.2 million.

Of the 34 highest grossing PPV's EVER (including UFC and WWE), Miguel Cotto ranks 11th (Floyd) and 16th (Manny) in that list. He also sits just outside it the top 34 (34th is 950k buys) with his 900k performance against Canelo in 2015.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-5...history-2017-8

Do you know who's not on that list? Lamont Peterson. He isn't and will never be on a PPV show at all. Period.

So Errol Spence gave up a chance to earn twice the purse and gain invaluable experience on HBO/Showtime against Miguel Cotto. Instead he fights on PBC against TBD.

Meanwhile he calls out 160lb fighters even though he "shouldn't feel obligated" to fight 154lb'er.

LMFAO. Instead of arguing consider this is an educational experience. Spence is a hell of a fighter, but he did duck Cotto. It's okay. Nobody is perfect. Don't hate XD
      I never said not fighting Cotto and fighting Peterson was a money decision, you did. I said him fighting Canelo or GGG would be him going after a money fight. How the heck do you duck someone not even in your division?

Him fighting Cotto would make no sense as he has said repeatedly that he wants to unify at 147. I even explained to you that Goldenboy said he would have to sign with them in order to get the Cotto fight, which you seemed to have ignored. So explain to me who at WW he would get to fight after he fought Cotto seeing as how all the WW worth a darn are with Al Haymon. He wouldn't even be able to get a fight with Crawford as Arum has been bashing Goldenboy as of late as well.

So a move to fight Cotto at 154 made no sense but to appease you. It isn't a duck no matter how much you want to cry about it being one. If you believe it is, please put up a poll on this site and you'll be proven wrong yet again. Perhaps you should educate yourself first before you try to educate someone else

Edit: Also, when did he call out GGG or Canelo? You keep saying that but all there is is an interview where someone asks if he'd be willing to jump up a weight class and fight the winner and Spence says he guesses he could do that. That's not a call out bro
      Last edited by Rip Chudd; 02-17-2018, 06:48 PM.

Comment

its margarito all over again honestly. only thing is spence is something to fear. guy throws 1000 plus punches in fights. heavy handed & a engine to last 15 straight rounds of pressured hell. he;'s probably gonna be ducked more then margo was because marg wasn't even a 10nth of the fighter spence was. it's one of those welterweight boogy man situations all over again.

Comment

I was disappointed that Spence turned Cotto down. Even with the GBP options, it's a fight and a name he should've added on his resume when he was given the chance. It's a Winky Wright moment, overthinking the business of boxing and losing out on lucrative fights and career changing names. So you add Cotto to your thin resume, and then GBP has options on you for how many fights? 2-3? Would that have been the end of the world? I don't know the details but it was pretty stupid to turn down a future HoF'er and the most accomplished Puerto Rican boxer in history.

With that said, it was not a duck, I think it was more someone whispering in Spence ear not to take the fight for business reasons. It was an ill-advised move, but not a duck.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I was disappointed that Spence turned Cotto down. Even with the GBP options, it's a fight and a name he should've added on his resume when he was given the chance. It's a Winky Wright moment, overthinking the business of boxing and losing out on lucrative fights and career changing names. So you add Cotto to your thin resume, and then GBP has options on you for how many fights? 2-3? Would that have been the end of the world? I don't know the details but it was pretty stupid to turn down a future HoF'er and the most accomplished Puerto Rican boxer in history.

With that said, it was not a duck, I think it was more someone whispering in Spence ear not to take the fight for business reasons. It was an ill-advised move, but not a duck.
            How was that dumb to turn it down? What WW would he be able to fight after he was signed to GBP? If his goal is to unify and fight the guys at WW how would he get those fights when GB isn't doing business with Haymon nor does it look like they'd be able to do a Spence vs Crawford or Horn winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              How was that dumb to turn it down? What WW would he be able to fight after he was signed to GBP? If his goal is to unify and fight the guys at WW how would he get those fights when GB isn't doing business with Haymon nor does it look like they'd be able to do a Spence vs Crawford or Horn winner.
              The HOF'ers of your era, around your weight class, are fighters you don't turn down. Simple as. When you get the chance, you take it. Whether it was JMM, Pacquiao, Cotto, Mayweather...you take the fight, you add that name to your resume, you raise your profile. Spence did not help himself by turning down Cotto. That would've been the biggest name on his resume and it would've raised his stock. Now it's going to take a while.

No one wants to fight you.

Cotto offered you a fight.

You turn it down.

No other names want to fight you.

It was just a bad move and he will regret it one day even if he's adamant now about that move. One day he's gonna look back and say shoulda woulda coulda.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                The HOF'ers of your era, around your weight class, are fighters you don't turn down. Simple as. When you get the chance, you take it. Whether it was JMM, Pacquiao, Cotto, Mayweather...you take the fight, you add that name to your resume, you raise your profile. Spence did not help himself by turning down Cotto. That would've been the biggest name on his resume and it would've raised his stock. Now it's going to take a while.

No one wants to fight you.

Cotto offered you a fight.

You turn it down.

No other names want to fight you.

It was just a bad move and he will regret it one day even if he's adamant now about that move. One day he's gonna look back and say shoulda woulda coulda.
                If he didn't have a young champ in Kell Brook on his resume then i'd agree with you. But coming off that win an aging Cotto is nothing compared to the rest at WW he wants to fight combined with the fact that he wouldn't get those fights if he took the Cotto fight because he'd be tied down to Goldenboy. He would be stuck in an even worse situation and all he'd be able to show for it was "well I got to beat Cotto in his farewell fight". Sadam Ali just beat Cotto and he might get one more good fight because he should be easy pickings for guys at 154, but then again all the other champs are with Haymon so he isn't even gonna get one of those fights. See what signing with Goldenboy gets you

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  It's the Welterwait division.
                  Lol damn that was clever

Comment

Let it go -Kev- the dick sucking lips of Rip Chudd know no limitations or reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                      Let it go -Kev- the dick sucking lips of Rip Chudd know no limitations or reason.
                      Unable to refute the facts I put out

Even though Kev and I disagree he even said it wasn't a duck. You can go cry in the corner now

Comment

Working...
                      X