Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse-Kiram HBO Doubleheader Peaks at 769,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both HBO and SHO get garbage numbers, if PBC wasn't doing 1.5-5 million on network and ESPN boxing wasn't doing 1-3 million on basic cable boxing would be dead in the states.

It's a race to the bottom, Lennox Lewis vs. Vitali did 7 million on HBO.

Kevin Iole wrote an article back in 2006 talking about how bad of a rating Jermain Taylor vs. Winky Wright did - 3.5 million.

The boxing world was shocked when Calzaghe vs. Kessler did 1.59 million viewers, it was lowest rated WCB telecast ever. 10 years later the highest rating on premium cable can't even crack 1 million.

Times have changed, the good news is ESPN boxing is doing solid numbers and hopefully PBC can land a good network deal.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Why are you using the bigger Showtime number and the smaller HBO number? You are acting ling you are not shading things as you want them to appear, i may have been off in my estimation but I wasn't lying straight up here you are trying to make things look as good as possible for your argument by using the facts as you want them.

Why should people listen to you at all?
      lord are you still stuck on stupid there is no version of these numbers that support your argument. Now you nit picking again I literally just grabbed the first HBO I could find and the first Showtime you bytch. The difference is inconsequential. Is this your excuse/backtrack/BS #6 you are using for why you got caught lying? Here are all the HBO and Showtime numbers show me where you get HBO is in 40% more homes?

HBO - THE WORKS 34,369 29%
      HBO PRIME 33,856 29%
      SHOWTIME 29,014 25%
      SHOWTIME PRIME 28,771 24%

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        then next time talk about about shyt you don't know about especially throwing out absurd numbers too boot then get your panties in bunch when someone points out you are wrong. You could of saved yourself some dignity by just saying my bad I was wrong
        It is not an absurd number because I stated why and posted the source and why I made the estimation the way I did.

I didn't say anything about that I changed and did the numbers with your numbers and you threw a hissy fit and said that wasn't true either when that is very basic math.

If you can't get that level of math you are just parroting stuff and have no real understanding about how to actually look at those numbers and shouldn't be talking about stuff like that.

You made yourself look like a total clown over a point that was meaningless for a large part because you refuse to accept math being used properly.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF
          I hate to interrupt the party, but does anybody mind if I definitively end this debate with absolute fact?

Here is Time Warner's most recent annual report to shareholders:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External...R5cGU9MQ==&t=1

Found at this link:

http://ir.timewarner.com/phoenix.zht...-annualmeeting

And without further adieu, checkmate:

At December 31, 2016, Home Box Office had approximately 49 million domestic subscribers
          That's some shareholders internal BS. Show me a 3rd party source to validate those numbers and also include shareholder internal BS from Showtime. Until then pipe down you PBC groupie always making excuses for why Showtime ratings are in the tank. lmao I'll stick with impartial Nielson who doesn't have a side in boosting 1 network over another.

Comment

That's some shareholders internal BS. Show me a 3rd party source to validate those numbers and also include shareholder internal BS from Showtime. Until then pipe down you PBC groupie always making excuses for why Showtime ratings are in the tank. lmao
            That is information that needs to be accurate or HBO can be sued by both shareholders and the government and prosecuted for fraud.

So yea their numbers are probably best.

Comment

It is not an absurd number because I stated why and posted the source and why I made the estimation the way I did.

I didn't say anything about that I changed and did the numbers with your numbers and you threw a hissy fit and said that wasn't true either when that is very basic math.

If you can't get that level of math you are just parroting stuff and have no real understanding about how to actually look at those numbers and shouldn't be talking about stuff like that.

You made yourself look like a total clown over a point that was meaningless for a large part because you refuse to accept math being used properly.
              No you went to large lengths and smoke screens to avoid admitting you made a BULL SHYT claim that was proven false. Is HBO in 40% more homes or not? I simply corrected you and you popped off and acted like your g string was too tight. LMAO

https://sportstvratings.com/how-many...stimates/7433/

Total homes in US with TV - 116M
              HBO PRIME 33,856 29% of US homes
              SHOWTIME 29,014 25% of US homes
              - Source Nielsen tracking
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-31-2018, 04:36 AM.

Comment

That is information that needs to be accurate or HBO can be sued by both shareholders and the government and prosecuted for fraud.

So yea their numbers are probably best.
                Do you have Showtime shareholder BS numbers to do a fair "quoting" you apples to apples comparison? If not then sorry Nielson is the best and most fair even level playing field to compare. Nielson for example has no clue how many Showtime subcribers are out there outside of traditional Cable Satelite ect. Obviously the shareholders BS is taking into account those subscribers and who knows what standard they are using to inflate those numbers. The same clown who posted this link is the one who has argued with me that Showtime has hidden viewers and subscribers that are not tracked but are streaming and that's why when they get shyt ratings they are actually "crushing" HBO in real views. But now he's actually making the opposite point that HBO is killing them in subscribers and ignoring the hidden viewers who are subscribed directly through the Showtime app NO CABLE provider. Motherphuker pick a side on the fence and stay on it. LMAO
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-31-2018, 04:37 AM.

Comment

No you went to large lengths and smoke screens to avoid admitting you made a BULL SHYT claim that was proven false. Is HBO in 40% more homes or not? I simply corrected you and you popped off and acted like your g string was too tight. LMAO
                  No I didn't and HBO according to their corporate documents has 49 million domestic subscribers. I showed you a respected publication that had information showing that direction and you blew it off, maybe your facts aren't that good, which is why I showed both.

But I ultimately don't care about how much bigger HBO is than Showtime because they are clearly the bigger and better brand always has been. SO if you want to truly comparing the rating numbers just adjust HBO down to Showtime level or Showtime up to HBO level of screens. You want it to be 15.5 to 19% ok I think that is light but adjust it that much and you at least have what you are basing it off of correct and can truly judge the numbers.

HBO is much bigger than Showtime how much there are numbers out there to support our claims but I don't care to sift through public documents for an answer when we can go by your numbers, but your numbers are on the low end of the spectrum and likely flattering HBO a bit but not worth the effort because it will be close enough to reality.

Comment

Do you have Showtime shareholder BS numbers to do a fair "quoting" you apples to apples comparison? If not then sorry Nielson is the best and most fair even level playing field to compare. Nielson for example has no clue how many Showtime subcribers are out there outside of traditional Cable Satelite ect. Obviously the shareholders BS is taking into account those subscribers and who knows what standard they are using to inflate those numbers. The same clown who posted this link is the one who has argued with me that Showtime has hidden viewers and subscribers that are not tracked but are streaming and that's why when they get shyt ratings they are actually crushing HBO in real views. But now he's actually making the opposite point that HBO is killing them in subscribers and ignoring the hidden viewers who are subscribed directly through the Showtime app NO CABLE provider. Motherphuker pick a side on the fence and stay on it. LMAO
                    I am not looking through corporate documents for you, that is hard enough if I have money at stake in a company and not something I am going to do on a whim because some yahoo on a boxing website thinks his numbers need to be right. It is why I didn't look through the Time Warner one I thought about it and was like nah I don't care that much but someone else did so that is in the pot now.

It was never about the number I never cared it was an estimation based on previous stuff it wasn't that crucial, you were the one twisted over it and had to take it this far. It was always about adjusting, and that you still don't get that is insane whatever percentage you want to use just adjust the damn numbers and compare from there.

Keep up this fight against math though, like I said you exposed yourself here thank you for the amusement.

Comment

No I didn't and HBO according to their corporate documents has 49 million domestic subscribers. I showed you a respected publication that had information showing that direction and you blew it off, maybe your facts aren't that good, which is why I showed both.
                      You can't grab a high water mark Internal BS HBO numbers and not provide the same for Showtime it's that simple. If you know what the real number shareholder number is for Showtime that includes internal subscriptions outside 3rd party providers by all means post it. But don't be stupid and act like HBO subscriptions don't inflate from 34M - 49M and Showtime just stays the exact same with 0 subscriptions outside of cable/Satelite. Not after all the BS you went through about apples to apples lol Nielson numbers are the closet we have for unbiased comparison.

But I ultimately don't care about how much bigger HBO is than Showtime because they are clearly the bigger and better brand always has been. SO if you want to truly comparing the rating numbers just adjust HBO down to Showtime level or Showtime up to HBO level of screens. You want it to be 15.5 to 19% ok I think that is light but adjust it that much and you at least have what you are basing it off of correct and can truly judge the numbers.

HBO is much bigger than Showtime how much there are numbers out there to support our claims but I don't care to sift through public documents for an answer when we can go by your numbers, but your numbers are on the low end of the spectrum and likely flattering HBO a bit but not worth the effort because it will be close enough to reality.
                      If that was your point from day 1 you could of made that and we would of been in agreement because HBO is doing close to 33% and at time over 50% better in ratings for these fights while being NOWHERE those % in fewer homes regardless what numbers you twist. But you can't expect to throw a 40% claim out there that is just factually way off and not get push back. This is all shyts and giggles entertainment for me trust me none of this back and forth get's under my skin.
                      Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-31-2018, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X