Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does weight cutting work? Why would GGG be drained 4 days before the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
    Any weight drain excuses are just built in excuses for if GGG loses to VADA extra long tested Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
      Wow where are the mods when you need them? This guy won't get off my d1ck and I'm just minding my own business, wtf?

This is complete BS, I don't deserve any of this. Fuccing hell thanks for ruining my day you ******* KUNT!!!!!!

Comment

Still waiting for an intelligent response. I want to learn about this.

Comment

This has got me interested too cause it doesn't make much sense to me.
          Imo thats just wrong keeping your fighter weight drained for a month before the fight.
          I would have thought that he would of started to properly cut maybe 2-3 days out.
          I'm not an expert so im probably wrong but now I'm interested myself.
          Anyone have a informed answer to this??

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
            Wow where are the mods when you need them? This guy won't get off my d1ck and I'm just minding my own business, wtf?

This is complete BS, I don't deserve any of this. Fuccing hell thanks for ruining my day you ******* KUNT!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              Still waiting for an intelligent response. I want to learn about this.
              It's tough to know from just the face. The shape of his head adds to the illusion I think. Notice how bad that huge hat fits him? Tons of space at the sides, compare that to the tighter fitting cap.

Here's pics from 2weeks & one month ago fyi. They're all within 5lbs of one another yet they definitely look different.

As far as the cut goes; GGG always weighs <170lbs 30 days out, but it's not like they weigh him 5 times that day. It's more of a pre-cut & he probably puts on a few pounds later that night. It's all about managing the weight gradually so he retains the strength.

It's commonly referred to as the 1.5% rule. By making weight loss a slow and consistent process, boxers should be able to get down to their goal before weigh-in without having to lose strength. Anyone who's dropping more than 1.5% of their total body weight each week is likely dropping lean mass instead of body fat. So by calculating a weight-loss plan that doesn't lead to an athlete dropping more than 1.5% of their body weight each week, boxers can be ready for weigh-ins without sacrificing their strength in the process.

A 170-pound fighter's max weight loss using the 1.5% rule would be a little over 2.5 pounds per week. If their goal was to get from 170 to 160, the minimum time it would take to lose those 10 pounds without losing significant amounts of strength in the process would be roughly four weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                Tell me if I'm wrong https://youtu.be/HVwkzNDCjG8?t=3 I'm curious your opinion
                How much trash did people talk about Golovkin having the flu, being drained against Kell Brook?

Golovkin just doesn't have a fighter's physique. He's 36 years old and no matter what he/Abel say his best days are long gone.

Against Danny and Canelo he fought 24 rounds and arguably split those rounds 12-12 with 1 flash knockdown. Neither Danny nor Canelo are Top MW's...and I'm a Canelo fan.

Gennady's not going to somehow be fresher, faster, stronger, or more durable in this rematch.

I see Canelo coming out fast in this fight with Gennady trying to impose himself sooner. The 2nd fight will like just like the 1st fight. Canelo is going to - again - spend a fair amount of time on the body to weaken Gennady's punches and endurance. I also think Canelo will set-up more feints. Gennady is going to try and force the fight to the ropes sooner and land something impressive.

We'll see what happens! Just a few nights away

Comment

Working...
                X