This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see Big Nose and Willian going.

I said this last year. I don’t think anyone can actually afford Hazard right now. They’re better off tapping him up and seeing if he’ll join them when he’s 30.

Real Madrid reportedly don’t have the cash reserves.

Fees are silly. Hazard, Kante and Big Nose will cost you £400 million. And they were still ever presents in a team that finished 5th and Big Nose and Hazard in a team that finished 10th.

Hazard is a laid back guy. He wouldn’t enjoy it anywhere but Chelsea and probably PSG

Comment

• Juventus don't get all the proceed's from shirt sales. Their deal with Adidas is worth £20m per year in income. That is all they would get no matter how many shirts they sell.

They could perhaps get a bonus if they sell more than a threshold amount due to the Ronaldo transfer, but it is not a huge earner from a transfer deal.

It will however, be a huge boost to general merchandise etc, and that the club could recoupe a considerable amount through other means. (foreign TV deals), with the worldwide interest Ronaldo brings.

Comment

• Originally posted by black.ink View Post
        Juventus don't get all the proceed's from shirt sales. Their deal with Adidas is worth £20m per year in income. That is all they would get no matter how many shirts they sell.

They could perhaps get a bonus if they sell more than a threshold amount due to the Ronaldo transfer, but it is not a huge earner from a transfer deal.

It will however, be a huge boost to general merchandise etc, and that the club could recoupe a considerable amount through other means. (foreign TV deals), with the worldwide interest Ronaldo brings.
        Ah that makes sense.

I always wondered how clubs could recoup cash from a shirt sold in say sports direct

Comment

• Originally posted by black.ink View Post
          Juventus don't get all the proceed's from shirt sales. Their deal with Adidas is worth £20m per year in income. That is all they would get no matter how many shirts they sell.

Okay boys, here me out here:

I read the calciofinanza.it article on how the adidas & Juve deal is structured; So we signed a 6 year deal for 23.25 million that would allow us to use Adidas for making our merchandising equipments starting from the 2015/16 season up until 2020/21 season. Adidas also offered us 6 million per year fixed for selling our merchandising and licensing, Juve rejected the 6 million saying we would sell our own stuff. So Adidas said you would have to buy merchandises from us, we agreed

At the end of 2015//16 season, we made 15 million euros selling the merchandise but 3.15 million euros went towards purchasing merchandises from Adidas. so basically we made an excess of 6 million than what they were offering. So factor in the costs to sales, the cost to adidas is roughly 21%, we make 79% of the merchandises sold.

So jump to Ronaldo shirt sales. 520k shirts keep an average of 100 Euros that means we made 52 million. Also now use the above values. 79% of 52 million is 41 million roughly. So we made 41 million net profit on day 1 alone. This is amazing for us.

PS: Also Juventus got into major brand renewal in the beginning of 2017 with new logo and new partnerships for this apparent reason. Amazing job by the board. Would you have thought, they made plans so perfectly well. Hats off to the board

How much of that is true i don't know

There was a lot of @ paying 99m for a 32 year old is a joke and terrible business in the other thread.. Profit on shirts being a lot or not.. they will make that 99m up and then some before even taking into account how he actually does at Juventus

Never mind that they just brought the best player in the world who top scored in the CL last year (yet again)

Juventus social media has gained millions of followers also since the signing

Comment

• If we sign Fekir and Alisson in the same week I’m gonna break the world record for number of wanks in the same sitting

Comment

• Juventus & deal with Adidas

I read the calciofinanza.it article on how the adidas & Juve deal is structured; So Juve signed a 6 year deal for 23.25 million that would allow Juve to use Adidas for making our merchandising equipments starting from the 2015/16 season up until 2020/21 season. Adidas also offered us 6 million per year fixed for selling our merchandising and licensing our brand, Juve rejected the 6 million saying we would sell our own stuff. So Adidas said you would have to buy merchandises from us, Juve agreed

At the end of 2015//16 season, Juve made 15 million euros selling the merchandise but 3.15 million euros went towards purchasing merchandises from Adidas. so basically Juve made sales in excess of 6 million than what they were offering. So factor in the costs to sales, the cost to adidas is roughly 21%, we make 79% of the merchandises sold.

So jump to Ronaldo shirt sales, on day 1. 520k shirts keep an average of 100 Euros that means we made 52 million. Also now use the above values. 79% of 52 million is 41 million roughly. So Juve made 41 million net profit on day 1 alone. With projection, Ronaldo shirt sales will hit in excess of 1 million, Juve will recoup the transfer money & could even pay for future bigger signings.

If he keeps on performing Juve can pay off his salary just from the shirt sales.

Juventus & Branding:

Juventus launched the new logo last year, new partnership with companies to sell Juve merchandise in the Asia & Oceania. Juventus have been pretty prevelant in the North America. with the brand increasing every day, with Ronaldo's capture, this will increase revenues multiple fold. Since Juve would stand to make the most with the deal with Adidas, they had to seek partners in Asia & oceania to sell their merchandise.

Betmen were you at? is this true?

Comment

• The thing about Ronaldo’s transfer is that we have to remember

Italy is a lesser league to Spain. To me, it’s 4th best and only above France.

It’s a league filled with old men and not a crazy amount of running and Juventus is the monopoly of the league.

I’d say, even for that price. It’s great business unless he completely flops. Juventus will only make more money and will probably do a double and have a bigger chance at winning the CL now as well.

It’s a good transfer unless Ronaldo becomes Torres suddenly.

Comment

• Real Madrid fans will enjoy Big Nose.

‘Unfortunately the defenders made too many mistakes today, Ramos should have dealt with the ball. I showcased my talents by making a good save at 4-1 down.’

Man is the biggest whopper in football.

Comment

• Courtois won best GK in La Liga, Premier League and world cup put some respect on the name

Who would be his replacement at Chelsea? Oblak would be a great signing but I'm getting bored of Atletico players wanting to go back to sunny Spain after a season or two

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      The thing about Ronaldo’s transfer is that we have to remember

Italy is a lesser league to Spain. To me, it’s 4th best and only above France.

It’s a league filled with old men and not a crazy amount of running and Juventus is the monopoly of the league.

I’d say, even for that price. It’s great business unless he completely flops. Juventus will only make more money and will probably do a double and have a bigger chance at winning the CL now as well.

It’s a good transfer unless Ronaldo becomes Torres suddenly.
                      Juventus are full of old players and they just added another one
                      The window to win the champions league already closed the board just doesn't want to admit it

Comment

Working...
                      X