Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Algieri: This is The Next Chapter of My Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good news for fans is Hernandez won his last fight, the bad news is, that's Angel's only win in his last six fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
      Crawford, Thurman and Porter all avoiding Algieri like the plague. Crawford supposed to be p4p but he's ducking Algieri. It is freaking pathetic.
      Dream on sucker dream on, this guy has L's to Pac man , Khan and who knows who else besides Spence jr, he's only just better then a journey man / gate keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        I agree, guy has found success in many platforms and shares great information. Don't get the hate.
        The hate is based on how **** a pro fighter he is pretty straight forward really.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          You know a fighter is past their prime when they are talking moving back down in weight. Like Hatton going back to 140.

Before they move up, its always, "Im struggling to make weight, I will be so much stronger at xyz" Then they cant compete with the bigger men and need their old size advantage, try to move back down at now an even older age. Donaire going way back to 118 or whatever is an example.

Algeri is 5'10'' with a 72" reach. He has a welterweight's frame. He is just a B-/C level fighter and cant compete with an A/B level fighter.
          Amen to that.

Comment

You know a fighter is past their prime when they are talking moving back down in weight. Like Hatton going back to 140.

Before they move up, its always, "Im struggling to make weight, I will be so much stronger at xyz" Then they cant compete with the bigger men and need their old size advantage, try to move back down at now an even older age. Donaire going way back to 118 or whatever is an example.

Algeri is 5'10'' with a 72" reach. He has a welterweight's frame. He is just a B-/C level fighter and cant compete with an A/B level fighter.
            Hatton was still Lineal Champion at 140. Stop going on like he had no business moving back down.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              I agree, guy has found success in many platforms and shares great information. Don't get the hate.
              Then you new to this forum!!

I have always been an admirer of the man.

Comment

Remember when Spence said in his drunken stupor that Bud hadn't beaten anyone as good as Algeri lmao...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  but what objective standard is chris algieri a prick?
                  Because he can't bust a grape

Comment

He was always fighting at 140...
                    147 was never his weigh

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                      Because he can't bust a grape
                      so you call him a prick?
                      chris algieri had a very good career for a guy who got a late start in boxing. now he's working with high level fighters as a nutritionist. i expect a lot of good things from him after his boxing career is over. most of these guys are out to pasture when their boxing careers are over. algieri will have a productive life after boxing. prick doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X