Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis Views DAZN, WBSS as The 'New Wave' in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis Views DAZN, WBSS as The 'New Wave' in Boxing

On the eve of his 23rd professional fight, streaking junior welterweight Regis Prograis (22-0, 19 KOs) finds himself smack in the middle of two major phenomena taking the boxing industry by storm on a global level DAZN and the World Boxing Super Series (WBSS).
    [Click Here To Read More]

WBSS needs to do each division once every 4 years. I feel like Cruiserweight 2 is a waste.

Fingers crossed for Welters!

Comment

I really like this Prograis. What is interesting is, Showtime gave him his start featuring him on a few ShoBox cards. Then he fought Velasco on a Top Rank card on ESPN and now he is fighting on DAZN.

Dibella is his promoter, I'm not sure if Prograis is signed with Haymon too. Either way, the kid is really good and fun to watch. He's probably the best at 140 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
        WBSS needs to do each division once every 4 years. I feel like Cruiserweight 2 is a waste.

The only top welter who would put his hand up is Shawn Porter imo.

Comment

nah I disagree..it keeps the division hot.keeping the dam sanctioning bodies from mandating and making meaningless fights vs cab drivers. al haymon wont join the wbss since he has most of the name welters. but I'm keepin my fingers crossed too bruh..cheers!!

Comment

He speaks well yet to see him fight but I’m interested in seeing him get on. He seems quite respectful of his opponents which is surprisingly rare a lot of the time at this level.

Flanagan is a test because he is very well conditioned and quite physically strong

Comment

I agree they need to try to cycle through as many divisions as possible & it'd be great for boxing if they did, but I'm not sure certain divisions will ever or usually make sense (namely 147, 160 & HW) due to some of the higher paid guys in boxing usually being in those divisions.

Or they would need to overpay specific bigger drawing/currently high paid guys for being in it which is something I believe they currently don't do. Cuz I'm pretty sure everyone who fights get paid the same in each round (& all the winners get a bonus on top of that amount). So you'd have to get guys like Joshua & Canelo to take pay cuts otherwise probably.

Comment

Idk how warriors boxing broke ass won the rights to promote this fight. Top rank gave good discounts to military and students given the arena sits on the university of new Orleans property and is surrounded by many military outfits. And to be honest, that's who the target audience should have been. This event is up against the pelicans game and the voodoo festival. Warriors boxing isn't thinking clearly. Regis can't do it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  The only top welter who would put his hand up is Shawn Porter imo.
                  Sure... Just like he put his hand up to face Spence. He talked good while in the ring with Spence after beating Garcia, since then him and his pops have gone quite.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                    Sure... Just like he put his hand up to face Spence. He talked good while in the ring with Spence after beating Garcia, since then him and his pops have gone quite.
                    I think he will.

The issue I have is that top welters actively seem to target Porter because I think they don’t think he’s that good in relative terms.

Annoys me. Make me want him to clean house.

Comment

Working...
                    X