Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas: I Look Forward To Challenging Shawn Porter Soon!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas: I Look Forward To Challenging Shawn Porter Soon!

Former two division world champion Jessie Vargas is hoping to secure a world title cracker with WBC beltholder Shawn Porter in the near future. This coming Saturday night, Vargas will headline a Matchroom USA card in Chicago, when he takes on Thomas Dulorme for the WBC "silver" title - which is going to bring the winner several steps close to a fight with Porter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah so...damn, Andre Berto is the gate-keeper to the next mandatory huh? Whats this...like Andre's third attempt at the WBC welterweight title now? Lets see : Robert Guerrero, Floyd Mayweather Jr, and maybe he gets by Jesse? When is Andre Berto leaving? At least fight at jr. middleweight bruh! Fight Jeff Horn or someone!

Comment

talk about a fight that I could care less to see. WW could have been unified years ago. It must make more sense to keep the titles fragmented. That way Berto, Vargas, Lamont Peterson, etc can all have repeated shots at a title.

Comment

Porter is a tough customer.

Comment

it would be fun fight ,if it happens i will watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
            it would be fun fight ,if it happens i will watch it.
            Me 2. Vargas can scrap hes a solid B fighter.

Comment

We go from Porter and Spence being "the easiest fight to make" to now Porter getting to face this B minus level guy that faded badly vs. No Activity Broner? This is horse ca ca.

Comment

Both are Haymon fighters. DAZN and Showtime might have to make a deal on broadcast rights. That shouldn't be a massive road block though.

Comment

another great example of hearn trying to fool fans about how mandatories work, and likely lying to the fighters as well.

porter already has two mandatories lined up. the silver doesnt change that. vargas would need to win a final eliminator to become third mandatory. could take four years of waiting to get his shot.

then hearn can cry about vargas not being named mandatory as silver even though he knows thats not how it works.

Comment

Wow Berto always get opportunities thrown his way lol he got that gift decision against Devon and now he's in line to challenge the Vargas after he beats Thomas lol This Berto guy is making a pretty good living as a gatekeeper lol

Comment

Working...
                    X