No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: We 100% Support Wilder, We'll Rule on Breazeale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    If Ortiz beats Hammer, he'll fight Wilder, if offered! The only question is "does Wilder want to take that risk?" Ortiz had Wilder sleepwalking!

I really want to see Breazeale vs. Whyte too! I think that's a better way to judge both fighters, to see which is really worthy of a title shot!
    Yeah, it was a great moment! I was on the edge of my seat. If he could repeat it and then finish him off, wow, it would be a memorable moment!

I just don't hold Ortiz in the same regard as some other posters on here and think that Wilder will beat him quickly.

Regarding who is worthy of a title shot. I don't like Whyte's attitude since the failed negotiations with Joshua. Putting that aside, I do think Whyte would beat Breazeale but want to see 'Trouble' settle the beef with the Bronze Bomber.

Comment

Wilder should face either Breazeal, Ortiz, Whyte or Kownacki in his next fight. I think facing Whyte would be the better choice at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        You’re making **** up. Whyte has never been #1 contender and never fought any eliminators. He’s got the silver belt, that’s it.
        Whyte has been been ranked at No1 by the WBC ever since he won that silver title.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Whyte has been been ranked at No1 by the WBC ever since he won that silver title.
          Yes, I am aware of that. But he still has not fought any eliminators or become #1 contender like he claimed. Being ranked #1 is just a ranking without the eliminator.

Povetkin got to fight AJ because he was the WBA mandatory. He got that by fighting in a final eliminator against David Price. Neither of them were #1

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Yes, I am aware of that. But he still has not fought any eliminators or become #1 contender like he claimed. Being ranked #1 is just a ranking without the eliminator.

Povetkin got to fight AJ because he was the WBA mandatory. He got that by fighting in a final eliminator against David Price. Neither of them were #1
            Whyte won 2 eliminators, against Helenius and Browne. That's how he became No1 contender.

He should have become mando, or put into a final eliminator for the mando spot, but Sulaiman claimed there were legal reasons why the mando spot had to be given to Breazeale. That was to do with the contract they gave him to fight Stiverne, which never happened, because Stiverne ended up fighting Wilder instead of Breazeale.

Comment

Working...
            X