Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the point of praying for HBO's demise again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
    Most probably care because for them it's way easier to turn on your t.v and change a channel than it is to search an app for a fight .
    Is it really though? I hit one button then click on the fight and it's on my TV. It's about to be 2019, I think people can handle using an app these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
      Most probably care because for them it's way easier to turn on your t.v and change a channel than it is to search an app for a fight .
      People don't struggle with Netflix though.

Comment

Originally posted by Amber_TKO View Post
        It makes no sense to me to support one particular network or one particular promoter. I want as many networks as possible to be showing boxing & as many promoters as possible to be putting on great shows cus that means the sport is doing well. This kind of tribalism in boxing is just weird & doesn't help anybody I don't think.
        Dont you want the ones putting it on $5/10 apps to succeeed over the ones putting anything relevant onto PPVs? This is what all sport needs, not just boxing. I cant wait for the day to come when they **** off Sky/BT/ridiculous ITV PPVs in the UK. We're about 8 years behind the rest of the world with this stuff though

Comment

I think most people, from what I have read, seemed to hate the HBO broadcast team more than HBO itself. Which is odd, because listening to Jim Langley is way better than hearing, "like a perverbal pez dispenser" every fu cking round.

Comment

Originally posted by Abovetheclouds View Post
            People don't struggle with Netflix though.
            Because you turn on your TV and hit the netflix button, just like he said.

Comment

So people don't like DAZN and ESPN,
              therefore Showtime is the only alternative.
              Let's see what happens next year.
              We should expect them to do better than shelving young fighters in their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                So people don't like DAZN and ESPN,
                therefore Showtime is the only alternative.
                Let's see what happens next year.
                We should expect them to do better than shelving young fighters in their prime.
                Theyre on a cash grab mission, get as much before the inevitable comes. If they were serious about taking on DAZN theyd have streamlined down to who they think will be the key players, and used the FOX/Showtime cash to push those guys off PPV.

They have a ton of guys that are being offered big money elsewhere, so they bring in PPVs so they can match. Theyve been forced in a couple of years too early, they havent got PPV guys yet. Then when these PPVs start flopping and these guys start seeing they aint getting the cash they were led to believe, and were getting offered bigger purses guaranteed elsewhere. Then its open season.

Comment

C'mon now! Stop being an ass. No one was praying for the demise of HBO. Why would any American fan pray for HBO's down fall when they used to televise most of their favorite fighters.

It's just like saying that the Brits are praying for the demise of BT Sports which is largely driven by Frank Warren, when they televise many of your favorite British fighters. How absurd is that? It doesn't make any sense?

HBO has always been good for boxing. They made a many of legends, hall of famers and all time greats on their network and it will be missed.

You are acting like a race baiting troll who is attempting to divide and polarize the forum with this kind of foolishness and nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    C'mon now! Stop being an ass. No one was praying for the demise of HBO. Why would any American fan pray for HBO's down fall when they used to televise most of their favorite fighters.

It's just like saying that the Brits are praying for the demise of BT Sports which is largely driven by Frank Warren, when they televises many of your favorite British fighters. How absurd is that? It doesn't make any sense?

HBO has always been good for boxing. They made a many of legends, hall of famers and all time greats on their network and it will be missed.

You are acting like a race baiting troll who is attempting to divide and polarize the forum with this kind of foolishness and nonsense.
                    As a Brit I can confirm there are many of us that want to watch boxing and have justifiable grievances with the way Frank Warren, SKY and BT Sports have operated over the years. Warren is a total cunt that has robbed so many boxers, including dozens of world champions ... and you're saying we're supposed to give him a pass because he gifts us boxing ? get knotted mang

Comment

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
                      As a Brit I can confirm there are many of us that want to watch boxing and have justifiable grievances with the way Frank Warren, SKY and BT Sports have operated over the years. Warren is a total cunt that has robbed so many boxers, including dozens of world champions ... and you're saying we're supposed to give him a pass because he gifts us boxing ? get knotted mang
                      Then let me ask you this question? Has Frank Warren put on good shows? Also, did he used to promote and telecast some of your favorite fighters? If you answered yes to either one of these questions then why you pray for the demise of BT sports if you are a British boxing fan?

Comment

Working...
                      X