No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins should replace Max Kellerman on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    B-Hop was insightful, and also relatively fair and unbiased in his commentary.

Kellerman always comes on like a childishly biased fanboy.

How would you feel about Hopkins replacing Kellerman on HBO?
    Also Bhop wasn't speaking English for 50% of the Broadcast.

Comment

Lampley does very biased play-by-play. He shouts "hard right hand" if the fighter he likes hits the gloves, but often goes completely silent if the other fighter lands a clean punch. He has to go and Kellerman - to stay. I liked Max's dedication to boxing since his FNF days.

Comment

We're never getting rid of Kellerman.

Comment

Originally posted by Tay Roc View Post
          He should replace Roy Jones/Andrea Ward. He's more entertaining and insightful than either of them.

Max is the brains of the operation. Without him HBO would fall a part.
          I second this. I'm tired of hearing RJJ laugh at his own jokes, and something about the way he commentates is grating. I can't put my finger on why he irks me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            He should replace Roy.
            No, Roy is good. His more objective and insightful comments are much better than Kellerman's silly banter and childish biases.

Comment

Roy gets on my nerves as a commentator. He says obvious stuff and rephrases / repeats everything he says. I'd rather listen to Bernard.

Comment

Originally posted by Interloper View Post
                Roy gets on my nerves as a commentator. He says obvious stuff and rephrases / repeats everything he says. I'd rather listen to Bernard.
                Well Roy is still better then Foreman and Lewis. Back in the 90/2000 Jones was good commentator too but he got fired because HBO wanted him to attend all their fight meetings even though he was an active fighter. So since being rehired he seems to be following HBO rules by the book since he's no longer the top guy anymore.

I think once Hopkins got put on full time he would feel more comfortable. He seemed a little nervous to me initially and struggled on pronouncing some words just like Roy does too.

Comment

Working...
                X