Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting ready to bet $10,000 cash on Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna say this. Put the money on Cotto. He is going to win this fight. If you have been reading the forums here a lot you will see that there is a lot of Cotto hating going on and a lot of Margarito nuthuggers. If you listen to any boxing expert you will hear them say, "good fight, but Cotto should win".

Comment

Originally posted by boxaholic View Post
      WOW for JUST a girl you nailed it. If you are going to spend 10k and put it on Margarito you might as well take either Margarito by KO or The fight will not go 12 rounds. The Margarito Ko gives you better odds and the not go 12 rounds gives you a shot at both KO by COtto or Ko by Margarito. Divide those bets into 3 different bets that way you don't have to do a ctr.
      felt like i had to edit and correct your post.

Comment

Originally posted by MADNESS View Post
        Well this is it, I am going for it $10,000 dollars on Margarito If I can get 2-1 odds or better.

If you guys know of a place online were I can make big bets or should I drive to Vegas and make it in person? What should I do? Need help from people who have made big bets.
        you must be crazy...i went out only put a couple bucks on cotto (i believe he will win) but i wouldnt put down 10K...unless you're making millions and millions a year then 10K is just a drop in the bucket...

but damn...did you pay off someone to fix the fight or what? 10K is a lot especially on a fight damn near even (it has to be 50/50 or 45/55 at best)...this could go either way.

you'd be better off only betting a couple hundred at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevbutler View Post
          I'm gonna say this. Put the money on Cotto. He is going to win this fight. If you have been reading the forums here a lot you will see that there is a lot of Cotto hating going on and a lot of Margarito nuthuggers. If you listen to any boxing expert you will hear them say, "good fight, but Cotto should win".
          True, but this is boxing where anything can and usually does happen. If Marg is really +250 then it's a sound bet. The odds I mean, not the amount.

Comment

I'll take that $10Gs if your giving it away.

Comment

Originally posted by MADNESS View Post
              Well this is it, I am going for it $10,000 dollars on Margarito If I can get 2-1 odds or better.

If you guys know of a place online were I can make big bets or should I drive to Vegas and make it in person? What should I do? Need help from people who have made big bets.
              do in person if you live close enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Live Dog View Post
                True, but this is boxing where anything can and usually does happen. If Marg is really +250 then it's a sound bet. The odds I mean, not the amount.
                Anything can happen, but I really believe with enough confidence that I dont even think about the fight that Cotto will come out with a win. If all you read is NSB forums you would think Margarito is going to blow away Cotto. But for some reason this forum is were all the Mexicans come, and they are loyal to their boxers no matter what, and are blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevbutler View Post
                  Anything can happen, but I really believe with enough confidence that I dont even think about the fight that Cotto will come out with a win. If all you read is NSB forums you would think Margarito is going to blow away Cotto. But for some reason this forum is were all the Mexicans come, and they are loyal to their boxers no matter what, and are blind.
                  I don't know bro. Between Cotto and Marg I think the loyality on here is split down the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Live Dog View Post
                    I don't know bro. Between Cotto and Marg I think the loyality on here is split down the middle.
                    Really? All I see is a LOT of cotto bashing. People say he has no chin, low blows intentionally, hits in the back, does whatever he has to win... And all of these things people claim they have no basis for it. Its like people do not like him because he is good, just like people do not like Floyd and insult him constantly. I'm sorry you do not get to #1 p4p by being a *****. Soon Cotto may get to #1 p4p on a glass chin, hahaha.

On the other hand I never see any Margarito hating. Even though his boxing skills are inferior to Cotto, he does not hit as hard either. A knockout over a quitter does not count imo. And as far as personalities I like Cotto better, even though he may not have one. Telling someone to get up after you knock them down and saying they are crying just shows your an arrogant prick. I really do not see how anyone can like this guy.

I'm not sure Cotto will knock him out, but I would love to see if it humbles him if his face hits the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                      for all i know you could be one of those spoiled brat-like trust fund babies and throwing away 10G's isn't anything but a drop in the bucket to you.

i'm hoping that's your case, 10G's is a substantial something to most everybody.

I am 29 years old and single, I make a little over 400k a year at my job. This is my bonus check and I feel like Margarito has a good shot.

I will take some of your advices and make this bet in person. Just got off the phone with a betus.com rep and I can't make that size bet.

I live about 300 miles from Las Vegas I will make the trip on fight weekend and make the bet.

Comment

Working...
                      X