No announcement yet.

Pay Per Month ≠≠≠ Pay Per VIEW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay Per Month ≠≠≠ Pay Per VIEW

For people saying $20 a month is the same thing as PPV...

I would rather pay 20 bucks for one month than 75 or higher for one card that may just have one fight on it I want to see. I'll be canceling DAZN after Canelo vs Jacobs as there isn't anything they have going on outside of boxing that I watch

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      I would rather pay 20 bucks for one month than 75 or higher for one card that may just have one fight on it I want to see. I'll be canceling DAZN after Canelo vs Jacobs as there isn't anything they have going on outside of boxing that I watch
      Actually I recommend you buy it on April 20th. You get 1 month $20 for all this bro

Sat, Apr 20 2019
      02 Arena, Greenwich, London, United Kingdom
      DAZN

Lucas Browne vs. David Allen
      heavyweight / 12RDS

Fri, Apr 26 2019
      Forum, Inglewood, California, USA
      DAZN

Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Wisaksil Wangek
      World Boxing Council World Super Flyweight Title / 12RDS

co-feature

Daniel Roman vs. TJ Doheny
      IBF WBA Super World Super Bantamweight Title / 12RDS

Sat, Apr 27 2019
      Cajun Dome, Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
      DAZN

Regis Prograis vs. Kiryl Relikh
      WBA World Super Lightweight Title - WBC Diamond Super Lightweight Title / 12RDS

co-feature

Nonito Donaire vs. Zolani Tete
      World Boxing Super Series semifinals / 12RDS

Sat, May 04 2019
      T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas
      9pm ET DAZN

Saul Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs
      Middleweight / 12RDS

Sat, May 18 2019
      The SSE Hydro, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
      DAZN

Naoya Inoue vs. Emmanuel Rodriguez
      IBF WBA World Bantamweight Title / 12RDS

co-feature

Ivan Baranchyk vs. Josh Taylor
      World Boxing Council Silver Super Lightweight Title / 12RDS

Comment

Technically its not wrong.

And thats the funny thing with boxing...we've been PAYING to VIEW fights since day 1 more or less. Before PPV there was closed curcuit. Before closed circuit you had to pay to watch fights a week or w/e later at theaters. And before that you could only see fights you PAID to VIEW live at the event. Thats the problem with boxing being a highly profitable free market like no other game niche sport.

But I will say this DAZN pricing is going to be a problem sooner or later cuz its about the highest monthly price ($20) there is right now & I still say DAZN is giving less overall quality in fights & fighters than Showtime (which you can get for like ~$7 on YT) & ESPN ($5). Granted things are looking up with GBP & GGG coming to DAZN now, but still of the things that have happened since DAZN started I see them as the 3rd place platform despite their potential. And f#ck man even back when HBO was the All Star Team & cutting cord options weren't in play they were charging about $20 iirc but you got a whole lot more quality & side sh^t if you enjoy movies & series'. If DAZN acquires the NBA, NFL or MLB games at some point it seems like the price would have to rise or they'd need to offer by the sport options.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Technically its not wrong.

And thats the funny thing with boxing...we've been PAYING to VIEW fights since day 1 more or less. Before PPV there was closed curcuit. Before closed circuit you had to pay to watch fights a week or w/e later at theaters. And before that you could only see fights you PAID to VIEW live at the event. Thats the problem with boxing being a highly profitable free market like no other game niche sport.

But I will say this DAZN pricing is going to be a problem sooner or later cuz its about the highest monthly price ($20) there is right now & I still say DAZN is giving less overall quality in fights & fighters than Showtime (which you can get for like ~$7 on YT) & ESPN ($5). Granted things are looking up with GBP & GGG coming to DAZN now, but still of the things that have happened since DAZN started I see them as the 3rd place platform despite their potential. And f#ck man even back when HBO was the All Star Team & cutting cord options weren't in play they were charging about $20 iirc but you got a whole lot more quality & side sh^t if you enjoy movies & series'. If DAZN acquires the NBA, NFL or MLB games at some point it seems like the price would have to rise or they'd need to offer by the sport options.
          No, it’s TECHNICALLY wrong!

Pay PER VIEW = a single event. Never in boxing history has there been a Pay Per Month concept INCLUDING MARQUEE NAMES!

There’s no other way to spin this. How do you explain Show or ESPN+ subscribers whom have to pay an additional buck for a marquee fight, hence PPV on top of their regular subscription?

Again, there’s no other way one can spin it. PER VIEW = Single Event

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
            No, it’s TECHNICALLY wrong!

Pay PER VIEW = a single event. Never in boxing history has there been a Pay Per Month concept INCLUDING MARQUEE NAMES!

There’s no other way to spin this. How do you explain Show or ESPN+ subscribers whom have to pay an additional buck for a marquee fight, hence PPV on top of their regular subscription?

Again, there’s no other way one can spin it. PER VIEW = Single Event
            Break it down however you wanna break it down, but the reality is you are paying to watch boxing. Thats the bottom line of the exchange being made.

If its one time or once a month or once a year its still money out of pocket to enjoy boxing.

If its a good price or overpriced for 1 fight or a good price or overpriced for several fights to full cards in a month its still an expense we pay as boxing fans. Thats all technically paying to view boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Break it down however you wanna break it down, but the reality is you are paying to watch boxing. Thats the bottom line of the exchange being made.

If its one time or once a month or once a year its still money out of pocket to enjoy boxing.

If its a good price or overpriced for 1 fight or a good price or overpriced for several fights to full cards in a month its still an expense we pay as boxing fans. Thats all technically paying to view boxing.
              Obviously we’re not talking Free Boxing.

Comment

For people saying $20 a month is the same thing as PPV...

Honest question ... Do you have any financial interest in DAZN ?
                I noticed that you put Alot of threads about Dazn = Good PBC = Bad .

Comment

I swear you work for DAZN!!! No issues with that but you MUST be working for DAZN surely?

Comment

Obviously we’re not talking Free Boxing.
                    I'm not talking about Fox either. I think thats the only legit free boxing in the US.

Even FS1 you are paying some nominal basic cable fee via whoever provides that to you with whatever service you use.

Comment

Working...
                    X