Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire is the new Diego Corrales (may he rest in peace)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he is starting to fight fighters close to his own size now and he is not looking so great. its was all good beating little fighters but now we will see how really good doniare really is. iam looking forward to seeing donaire getting koed in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
      Donaire is the new Diego Corrales (RIP): he beats up smaller guys with ease (Darchinyan, Montiel,....), but once he moves up in weight and fights guys his own size, it's GAME OVER.
      I didn't score the Donaire-Vazquez fight, but I felt Vazquez was landing the cleaner shots almost the whole fight. **** the silly HBO commentary and **** compubox punch stats, cause that is a load of bull**** lots of times. I didn't see Donaire landing all those punches in this fight, actually he didn't land **** 99 per cent of the time.
      I felt Vazquez won the fight, or a draw would be okay too. I'm not mexican, I'm just telling it how it is.
      Donaire fighting with his hands down and looking for countershots works only against smaller guys who can't touch him with their jabs. Once he fights a guy who has the same height and reach, Donaire gets punches in the face all night long (as seen in this fight).
      your thoughts on this?
      Why would that matter?

Are you implying that WV2 is mexican

Comment

darchinyan is the same size as donaire

Comment

Donaire let himself get hit to make Vasquez open up a bit. Vasquez seems hell bent on defending himself all the way to the 12th round without opening up. Some fans are really stupid and they don't know how to watch boxing. Why is size matters all of a sudden? Isn't boxing all about weight? You complain about the size because your guy is the smaller guy? And when he isn't, size doesn't matter?

Comment

Corall3s never fought someone his height.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
              he is starting to fight fighters close to his own size now and he is not looking so great. its was all good beating little fighters but now we will see how really good doniare really is. iam looking forward to seeing donaire getting koed in the near future
              You'll have to wait for a while because Vazquez's punches didn't seem to bother Donaire one bit. Donaire's face swells up easy though so I wouldn't be surprised if he were to be stopped because an eye closed against a 126 pounder.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                Exactly.

He's said in the post fight interview that he'll have to go back to the drawing board and work on things. I was very impressed with his assessment after the fight (most fighters wouldn't say things like that) and he had some decent moments in the fight and considering it was his first fight at 122, he did ok.

I think people should hold off on the writing the guy off until he has a few fights at 122.

But he clearly won the fight. Only you raskat & that idiotic judge saw it any different.
                this....that fight was a clear but hotly contested decision.

there is no argument that it should have been a draw or vazquez should have won. impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Donaire got his face f'd up pretty bad.

The common thing to say about boxing matches is that, coming out of a fight with a clean face while your opponent looks battered and bruised, doesn't exactly mean the clean guy won. But let me tell you, if I hadn't seen the fight, and Donaire and Vazquez come up to me, and Donaire told me he won, I'd laugh at him and call him a sore loser, cause I'd think WV beat him to a pulp.
                  Thats a real concern for Donaire! It doenst take much punches and his eyes swell up Bigtime like he went to war for 12 rounds in there! And vasquez was only touching him up with his jab!

Comment

Originally posted by Radke View Post
                    I don't get it, he clearly won majority of the rounds and scored a knockdown in a weightclass he's never seen before.
                    How can you say it's Game Over? Are you the judge who favors Vasquez on the scorecard?
                    yeah it's pretty incredible the hate donaire is getting lmao....vazquez jr didn't win more than 4 rounds on my scorecard (maybe 5) and yet people are acting as if it's donaire who had lost or gotten a gift decision. plus donaire isn't some 5'7" monster...he's actually only 5'5" 1/2 apparently.

Last edited by Bermuda; 02-05-2012, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
                      Donaire is the new Diego Corrales (RIP): he beats up smaller guys with ease (Darchinyan, Montiel,....), but once he moves up in weight and fights guys his own size, it's GAME OVER.
                      I didn't score the Donaire-Vazquez fight, but I felt Vazquez was landing the cleaner shots almost the whole fight. **** the silly HBO commentary and **** compubox punch stats, cause that is a load of bull**** lots of times. I didn't see Donaire landing all those punches in this fight, actually he didn't land **** 99 per cent of the time.
                      I felt Vazquez won the fight, or a draw would be okay too. I'm not mexican, I'm just telling it how it is.
                      Donaire fighting with his hands down and looking for countershots works only against smaller guys who can't touch him with their jabs. Once he fights a guy who has the same height and reach, Donaire gets punches in the face all night long (as seen in this fight).
                      your thoughts on this?
                      Jose Luis Castillo wasn't a small guy. He was a big strong lightweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X