Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford Vacates IBF Title, Lipinets To Fight For Vacant Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why it's so rare for there to be an undisputed champ...they just end up in irrelevant/pointless fights he should really move up, the legacy and $$$ are waiting for him at 147.

Comment

You silly little freak you think Crawford is ducking lipinets? Not that the sanctioning fee is half of the payday? Learn the sport he and all real champs fear no one it's all about the $

Comment

If he's moving up then I don't have a problem with this. If he stays at 140 and fights a can then I have a problem with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Bundini Br View Post
          140lbs CRAWFORD VS M. GARCIA is the fight we should call for!
          You see how much weigh Crawford hydrates to??? He's HUGE at 140. Mikey way too small for Crawford at 140.

Comment

Damn paid around 3% of his purse to own a belt for 11 days.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
              Crawford should fight Jessie Vargas at WW.
              That would be a good 1st fight to see what your about at WW. Tough fight but not too dangerous and it's a pleasing style for the fans.

I'm down. Never thought of this one...

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
                "The winner of Crawford vs. Indongo was ordered, by the IBF, to face mandatory challenger Sergey Lipinets (12-0, 10 KO).
                There was very little time to make Crawford vs. Lipinets happen, as Lipinets promoter Tom Brown bypassed the negotiations period and requested an immediate purse bid - which the sanctioning body scheduled for August 31"

Sure we might look at the situation and say that Bud is "ducking" but Lipinets and his camp surely are not trying to make the fight by going to purse bid less than 2 weeks after Bud last fight.
                This move by Lipinets camp is surprising since there is probably more money in trying to get the belt from Bud than getting it fighting an "unknown" guy especially considering the fact that Bud might no longer be at 140 once Lipinets wants to unify.
                Idk why its such a big deal when one side wants to do a purse bid right off.

I mean one of the big problems with promoter offers is all the bs added on to a contract. You can bet when a promoter of a big name sends a contract to a mandatory there is options included & as of late I'm hearing mfers mentioning 360 type deal (where promoters get some of a boxers endorsement, tshirt, outside the ring money) which is f#cking nuts to me.

That said I think there should be a more reasonable period where the sides can discuss making a fight after a fight so it all doesn't seem so rushed. I mean Crawford just fought less then two weeks ago. I think you give guys a month or 6 weeks to figure sh^t out after a fight with a purse bid scheduled a month or 6 weeks & a day after the last fight. Not sure if that changes things here or not so whatever I guess doe.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  I think what was happening is Lipinets team would not negotiate and wanted the fight to go directly to purse bids.
                  Even in a direct purse bid (if you earnestly think Arum would negotiate on even terms with anyone...; Tom Brown likely wanted to save the 30 days on the clock), Top Rank would still have until the end of December to have the fight scheduled.

Comment

Why not just defend it, if u knocked someone out, why can't u fight asap? I'm assuming cause the threat of a purse bid would take Crawford away from the espn platform possibly

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                      that doesn't make sense crawford just fought indongo who's not a top rank fighter. his last fight against diaz wasn't an in house fight either he's a hymon fighter his fight before that against molina was also against a pbc fighter you idiots have really run this top rank in house crap into the ground lol.
                      Indongo was on an options deal with Matchroom Sport, openly willing to travel to Crawford's home region to make the fight (after traveling to the home region of each of the other champs that he fought). You add that Indongo was facing a due mandatory were he to pass, and it's pretty clear that the negotiations were one way.

Lipinets doesn't come with all that much, but Tom Brown is backed strong enough to not simply have to roll over.

Comment

Working...
                      X